5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Has anyone broke there lease

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003 | 06:25 PM

Has anyone broke there lease

If u have can u tell me the penelties and what procedures u have taken towards this....I need to get rid of my car ...the headlight issue has drove me crazy....i cannot afford to not have a car for a month between school and work jus because the lights are on backorder......i plan on staying in the nissan family would that help at all with the penelty?....thanx in advance
Old 09-04-2003 | 06:59 PM

Getting out early....

I work for Nissan and if it is a NMAC lease, Nissan will allow you out of the lease if you pay all your remaining payments up front. A better option for you might be trading the vehicle in and letting the dealership pay NMAC whatever the payoff is. You'll probably take a hit on it which would then be rolled into your next lease or finance, but you'll be out of the car. I will check with my finance manager tommorow for you to get some more specific info for you. Feel free to email me at ted9778@aol.com if you have any further questions. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 09-04-2003 | 07:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Nismo3point5
I work for Nissan and if it is a NMAC lease, Nissan will allow you out of the lease if you pay all your remaining payments up front. A better option for you might be trading the vehicle in and letting the dealership pay NMAC whatever the payoff is. You'll probably take a hit on it which would then be rolled into your next lease or finance, but you'll be out of the car. I will check with my finance manager tommorow for you to get some more specific info for you. Feel free to email me at ted9778@aol.com if you have any further questions. Hope this helps and good luck.

I am interested in any info you can provide as well. Thanks for looking out.
Old 09-04-2003 | 08:00 PM

Find the Payoff on your cars. Get a Loan and buy the car from the Lease Company, Then Sell the car to the private party (If You Are Not Upside Down)
Old 09-05-2003 | 07:17 AM

if you're leasing the car, that would be an expensive option.

There is a site where you can "sell" your lease. IE they put your car up on the site with the conditions of the lease and basically people can take it from you. Some people offer incentives (Cash) to discount the lease and some do not.

I've never done this, but it seems like the best option. buying the car is gonna cost you an arm and a leg. returning to the dealer, they're going to roll over the penelties into the next lease or buy.

paying all the lease payments to turn it in.... doesn't sound like you gain anything there.
Old 09-05-2003 | 07:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I Disagree!!!

I just called Nissan Motors, and i spoke to reps and then managers and i got through to someone important. Because of the headlight problem, they allowed me to get out of the lease. The terms were great. They take my car mileage, they look at condition of the car, depreciating volue, and then they told me i have to pay them only 2K to get out of the lease, and the price is good for a month. Then if i decide to do it in the month again they will recalculate my price again. They also said if i am not happy with their decision i can go to an independant adjuster that is certified by the state and they can evaluate the car and perhaps they would give a lower quote.

if you are interested in numbers, give me a buzz on yahoo messenger or aol messenger, or feel free to email me shakh@nyc.rr.com
Old 09-05-2003 | 11:11 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Check out www.leasetrader.com. You can post your car w/ pics, and for roughly 50-150 bucks you can just transfer your lease to someone else. It looks like this would be the best option.
Old 09-05-2003 | 12:32 PM

You can always get AE lights if that is your only problem youre having with your car.
Old 09-05-2003 | 12:36 PM

Im having the same problem. I want out of my lease too! Nissan should help us out with this!
Old 09-05-2003 | 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Max2k3
Im having the same problem. I want out of my lease too! Nissan should help us out with this!
You can get out of the lease pretty easy espeacially if you get another Nissan. About two years ago I was leasing 2000 SE and I had about a 1.5 years left so I decided to end the lease. I came to the Nissan dealership to try to end the lease. What they did was looked uo my pay off balance and then gave me an offer what they will give me for the car. It was like 3000 something difference that I had to pay. I didn't want to pay it right away. So I decided to get another Maxima . They gave me better deal on my 2000 SE because I got another car from them.

So it always possible to end the lease whenever you want. It is just all comes down to money.

Here is some site my friend showed me: http://www.swapalease.com/
I guess you can end lease by transferring it to other person. I never tried that site so I am not sure if it works good.