5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Pics of my ground wire..

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 09:02 AM

Pics of my ground wire..

Her guys, just found that the thread about Hyper Grounding was closed, I guess it was going in the wrong direction. My intention about this subject is purely on the hobbyest side and something to fill a saturday morning. I will not claim any hp gain or whatever else. I'm no engeneer but I learn a lot by myself in trying thing, error being part of the process and I alway accept to pay the price, ego is not present in my creative process, I learned how to do my own stuff in my secret basement tech room.

After I took a look at the different point of grounding in my max, I saw there was a lot of rust on all of them, the ground wire between the cat and the chassis is brooken, so I'm going to make a replacement one and figure out the lenght. I could have just remove the actual ground and and use a dremmel to clean it, but obviously the rust will come back in the next few weeks and months when winter hit again. I purchase some shinny black Power-Pro 4awg cable (1064 Strands ) with copper connector and shrink wrap. The cables are soft and are easy to bend, the shrink wrap is used to seal the connector and the cable.

For for the one that might be interested I cant make a complete write up on how to do your own cables, to install it with as many detail as possible all this with pics . For the less technically incline, I can sell you a kit for a very reasonable price, and since I live in Canada, that will cost you peanut to buy the kit from me. I will not disclose any price in this thread. If there is enough interest, then I will repost a new thread in the group deal forum. org members can send me an email: andre@3diweb.com

I have some pics available but I have no clue how to post it here.

Cheers

AA
Old 09-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That's a shame, the thread was closed? Guess people got too caught up in the proof aspect...
The main thing I'd like to see from that thread were the pics people posted of their setup (and the short explanations).
Old 09-06-2003, 11:11 AM
2-Wheelin it...

i'll post this link of pics....don't ask me about improvements, this is just for others to figure out where they want to ground.
fyi: 2k2 manual if you want to know the engine lay out

grounding pics
Old 09-06-2003, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by PoLo
i'll post this link of pics....don't ask me about improvements, this is just for others to figure out where they want to ground.
fyi: 2k2 manual if you want to know the engine lay out

grounding pics

Thanks polo! i used your pics for reference last night for mine!

I was yelling at you though until I realized I was stupid.
You have a 6 speed, I have an auto
Got it done though. WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT
Old 09-06-2003, 01:31 PM

I just finish to install 5 cable out of 6, I'm missing a socket so I could'nt install the 6th one, I'll do it later, for now I' m going for a ride to see if my max now is in the low 12's, he he he.
à

Cheers

AA