5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I thought that this forum was for Maxi enthusiasts.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 03:41 PM

I thought that this forum was for Maxi enthusiasts.

I have been lurking here for some time. It seams that with all the negative posts that I read here Maximas are real peices of crap! Does anybody even like their rides. I hardly ever see anything positive posted about everyone's Maximas. I for one love mine. And have had very few problems with it so far. Although I haven't been there much, the service department at my dealer is very good and they have always done everything that I have asked and more. Am I the only satisfied Maxima owner?
Old 09-10-2003, 03:47 PM

I love mine too. Its like anything else, if a product is problematic, people complain. If its ok, people say nothing.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Horra!!

I Love My Max Too!
Old 09-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I hate mine... let's trade.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:54 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by Y2KevSE
I'll hold you to that, you know
Old 09-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'll trade you Kevin, but the turbo has to come off

Originally Posted by Y2KevSE
\

I love my Max more than words could say- And so does everyone else
who stares at it when I drive by!

I'll be positive- I've had not one problem w/ my car- Knock on wood-
and I would buy another Nissan/Infinity
tEh Hope

I love my whip too... but when you encounter problems like, lack of power, hard time getting dealer to do TSB's, paint chip problmes, HID theft etc... you tend to discuss more about these problems first. Once resolved, you'll see a lot of people talking more about their car with "enthusiasm". Don't forget that some of us have had the car for less than 3 months...
Old 09-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Faster than a speeding bullet...

I love my '01 Maxima! About 71,000 miles and she still runs great.

I've only had to take the car to a Nissan dealer (Desert Nissan in Las Vegas) once for a SES light issue (02 sensor / ECU flash) under warranty and it was handled fine. I took my '02 SE-R to the same dealer for a similar SES light issue to the same dealer, and again, no problems. Both cars are great.

My sister also bought a new Pathfinder about a month ago. She loves it. My dad has a 1st generation Altima with ultra-low milage and still runs fine. And my sister's husband is thinking about getting rid of his '90s Civic for a G35 sedan. Keeping everything in the Nissan family.

Forums on websites are usually set up to discuss issues/problems and for people to vent. When people are satisfied with things, they rarely rave about it in writting.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:04 PM

HID thefts do suck- I have a feelin that the lack of power TSB's are happenin' due to Max owners not
gettin' their fuel injector service done every 15K-
After all that is exactly what Nissan mechanics do
to your car when u bring it there for that TSB
Old 09-10-2003, 04:30 PM

My 2k1 is at 85k miles and love it so much I bought the 2k3 for the wife!

A 6 speed G35 may replace the 2k1
Old 09-10-2003, 04:47 PM

I don't hav to say it again "I LOVE my Max"
Old 09-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I love my max! People tend to post when something goes wrong not when everything is fine and running smooth. Same goes with service experiences. I have nothing but great service at my nissan dealer. BTW it Nissan World of Red Bank. THey performed the hestiation TSB with out thinking twice after confriming that I use premium gas. That question is one of the steps in the TSB. I never even mentioned that i knew about it. That's good service to me!
Old 09-10-2003, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Woo Cho
I don't hav to say it again "I LOVE my Max"
lol- this is very good therapy- need others to join
Old 09-10-2003, 04:54 PM

I'll say it again pple "I LOVE my Max"
Old 09-10-2003, 04:57 PM

hey just in case anybody missed it..I LOVE MY MAX!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by MannyNJ2k2max
lol- this is very good therapy- need others to join

Now this is more like it!

"I need to read the FAQ and IMPORTANT threads before posting a question" , did I do/say something wrong?
Old 09-10-2003, 05:49 PM

I am confused..

I love my max, yet i hate my max..

Go figure.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:15 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Originally Posted by whitedogone
I have been lurking here for some time. It seams that with all the negative posts that I read here Maximas are real peices of crap! Does anybody even like their rides. I hardly ever see anything positive posted about everyone's Maximas. I for one love mine. And have had very few problems with it so far. Although I haven't been there much, the service department at my dealer is very good and they have always done everything that I have asked and more. Am I the only satisfied Maxima owner?
It's just that Maxima.org is not a "fanboy" site. Most people here are pretty level headed and down to earth and are able to recognize both the strengths and the weaknesses of their cars. It's not like some retarded Honduh site where anybody that even dares to complain about very OBVIOUS problems and design shortcomings are ganged up on and flamed/hated right off of the forum for having the audacity to speak with such truthfulness and honesty. Most people here are a good couple of steps above that in terms of maturity.

If you own a Maxima and post here, it's just a given that you love your car. That goes without saying. So that leaves the problems left to vent about. So far I have complained about my failed ignition coil, a dead knock sensor that was a complete PITA to replace, and here and there about the crappy rear beam suspension. But DAMMIT! I love my Maxima in spite of all its flaws!
Old 09-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Horra!!

oh yeah? I love my max +2!!
Old 09-10-2003, 06:52 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I love my Max......
Old 09-10-2003, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
It's just that Maxima.org is not a "fanboy" site. Most people here are pretty level headed and down to earth and are able to recognize both the strengths and the weaknesses of their cars. It's not like some retarded Honduh site where anybody that even dares to complain about very OBVIOUS problems and design shortcomings are ganged up on and flamed/hated right off of the forum for having the audacity to speak with such truthfulness and honesty. Most people here are a good couple of steps above that in terms of maturity.

If you own a Maxima and post here, it's just a given that you love your car. That goes without saying. So that leaves the problems left to vent about. So far I have complained about my failed ignition coil, a dead knock sensor that was a complete PITA to replace, and here and there about the crappy rear beam suspension. But DAMMIT! I love my Maxima in spite of all its flaws!

Very well said! I think I'm starting to get it .
Old 09-10-2003, 07:16 PM

Most of the guys who complain haven't owned a real P.O.S. of a car. Max's rule. Mine is my stepchild!
Old 09-10-2003, 07:22 PM

i sure do love mine, yup yup! it's always been very good to me, like a home away from home. when i have a bad day and need to 'go to my happy place'... well, you can guess where that is!

if i could afford to keep it, i sure would. i hope it's next owner loves it as much as i do...
Old 09-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Banned

Just like everybody else has said, I love my Max. I will speak for myself, but if you guys are like me at all, we are very **** about our cars. I even tell my girlfriend how to get in/out etc. and I am always looking for dings and imperfections. I'm not stressing, but just being careful; which is my right. I have paid for every dollar of this car, and I will make sure that it stays in tip top shape. I do notice every little thing, and sometimes its worth complaining about.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:04 PM

Even us old car guys(47 years young) luv our Max's. If not, I would have bought something else by now. And I sure wouldn't have "personalized" it as much I have!!

Mike
Old 09-10-2003, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by NYC2SD
Most of the guys who complain haven't owned a real P.O.S. of a car. Max's rule. Mine is my stepchild!
Stepchild?! He77 my girlfriend's jealous of my Maxima!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:50 PM

The maxima is a fine twin cam v6 surrounded by a rather ordinary platform. I think that the maxima, in terms of quality, is at the bottom of the list of Japanese cars in the $30,000 segment. The flaws are well documented: window regulators, MAF, hood shudder, brake rotor warpage, lame a/c, paint chips, non-enthusiast service from dealers, inconsistent application of TSBs, Bose stereo, wind noise, etc. Doesn't sound like a flagship Japanese car, does it? On the other hand hardly anyone pays anything close to MSRP for these cars. I got my '03 SE for MSRP-$6000 back in May. Mine has almost all of the popular defects and the dealer is being pretty good about working on them. Unfortunately working on the car and fixing the car seem to be two different things. My wife wants a Murano but I am thinking that one Nissan will probably do it for me. Those of you that have had no problems--good for you. Those of us with hood shudder, warped rotors, windows that roll themselves down, etc... I think you can imagine that fighting with the delaer over these things takes a lot of fun out of what would have been an enjoyable car.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:11 PM

Agreed, I used to and still do complain about the stupidest crap that happens with the maxima, yet you get what you pay for..

Thats why i like this car, because it has everything i want... And I would never ever pay MSRP for this car because it is not worth it at all.. but because i had deep discounting, i am willing to overlook the problems..

ED
Old 09-10-2003, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by nismaniac
Just like everybody else has said, I love my Max. I will speak for myself, but if you guys are like me at all, we are very **** about our cars. I even tell my girlfriend how to get in/out etc. and I am always looking for dings and imperfections. I'm not stressing, but just being careful; which is my right. I have paid for every dollar of this car, and I will make sure that it stays in tip top shape. I do notice every little thing, and sometimes its worth complaining about.
I agree totally with you Nismaniac. All the little dings and scratches really stand out.
I love my Max. I loved my 4th gen. I had until 200K miles. And still sold for 4K when it came time.
I recently calculated how much money I spent on extra's in the past year and half, and it's in the neighborhood of 4K. I've had the car for a year and a half and have just been adding on. Car was bone stock when I first purchased. I was in love when I first purchased and things haven't changed a bit.
Except maybe now I stick it in the tail pipe a little more often. J/J
Old 09-11-2003, 02:56 AM
I miss the .org!

Yeah, sometimes I wish I'd bought something else, or waited, or saved up a little more, or gotten a 2-seater, or something with RWD...sometimes I complain about the beam, the clutch, the paint, the missing hp, etc....

...but I still LOVE my ride!
Old 09-11-2003, 04:17 AM

You have to ***** about problems....It is human nature. I had many *****es about my 02 Altima 2 of which resulted in TSB's that Nissan corrected after I brought it to the attention of members there and they all realized they had these same issues.

1. Hesitation (I noticed it in 01)

2. Clunk Rear Suspension (I *****ed constantly in 01)

The flash reprogram on my computer did not do shiiit from what I have been able to tell. But they did fix the suspension
Old 09-11-2003, 04:37 AM

I really do love my Maxima, but sometimes the little things mentioned above tend to get on my nerves. All in all the Maxima is at the top of it's game, with only "minor" mechanical issues that you probably would find with other auto makers...
Old 09-11-2003, 05:27 AM
Blu
the tits

I love my motor....thats all
Old 09-11-2003, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
I love my motor....thats all
LOL i luv her entire body. shes soo sexy, and when u get her engine revvin, oohhhh boy you better watch out!!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 06:32 AM

I wouldn't by any other!!

I love my whip. Coming from having a slowyota my max is the truth. The service dept at the dealership is a little slow but the guys there are always helpful. Giving employ discounts and not charging me full price for parts you hooking a brotha up. I love my nissan!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 06:56 AM

Human nature, of course people are only gonna vent about the bad. That what forums are for. Basically just a way for people to say, should I try something before I take it to the dealer. We all want to hear, Just push the light switch by the inside of the door a few times to remove the AIR BAG LIGHT, or some other thing like that. We don't have time to post good stuff. "wow, my car feels fluffy on bumps." Common, do you really want to hear it. It's better than most other forums where everbody flames everyone. Have you seen some of the honda forums. They're real helpful and all but It always ends up with someone being insulted and fights breaking out. People actually have Online forum enemies. All in all, This forum is one of the most positive and helpful forums for our form of cars.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:59 AM

I love my Max and I don't complain too much.

I have the hood flutter and the warped rotors, I've had a Bose HU go south on me.

Almost every car has problems. Generally, you don't find out till you buy one. Those that complain haven't had a car with real problems.

As for comparing cars in the 30K range... the quality (how well its screwed together) in Nissan isn't matching Toyota or Honda. However, as for the feel and quality of materials Nissan seems nicer to me at almost all price points.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:13 AM

I've owned 3 maximas so far and LOVED!!! each one of them. I'm a nissa man through and through back to the Datsun days.... oooooo man I remember my 1980 1st gen turbo 280ZX..... that ride was nice (and fast) too bad it was a fugging RUST BUCKET!!! See cars are like anything... when things are good not much to say but when there bad, look out cause I got something to say.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:28 AM

I Love My Current Maxima, and Loved The other 5 I sold in the past 8 years.

Nissan Dealers and Nissan Service

If I don't have to deal with them, I'm Allright.

Quick Reply: I thought that this forum was for Maxi enthusiasts.