5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

OTTO FSTB on Ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 02:54 PM
LithiuMax

OTTO FSTB on Ebay?

I was told that the OTTO FSTB's they sell on ebay is the way to go. However, I haven't seen them on there for a while now. The reason I want one of those is because they are about $50, shipped, as opposed to the Custommaxima FSTB which is $69 without shipping. So, any place to get the OTTO other than Ebay? Thanks.

Old 09-20-2003, 03:04 PM
LithiuMax

Never mind, I found one (used different search methods). I am sure that it's the one I wanted in the first place, only thing that I am a little worried about is that it says "CNC Strut Bar", but then they show a OTTO strut and say that winner will get the strut bar pictured (which is the OTTO):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2433465798

Old 09-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Ben

Originally Posted by LithiuMax
Never mind, I found one (used different search methods). I am sure that it's the one I wanted in the first place, only thing that I am a little worried about is that it says "CNC Strut Bar", but then they show a OTTO strut and say that winner will get the strut bar pictured (which is the OTTO):

That's who I bought mine from. It looked just like the picture.
Old 09-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

We just started carrying these and I put one on my car. We have about 25 of these waiting to be shipped out. http://store.yahoo.com/southwestauto...imafrstto.html
Old 09-20-2003, 04:08 PM
LithiuMax

Is that shipped, Steve? Unless I am outbid, mine will be $54, shipped. I would rather order from you guys, as you are a part of, and support the org.

Oh, and thanks for lookin out, Ben.

Old 09-20-2003, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by LithiuMax

CNC stands for 'Computer Numerical Control' and is a type of milling used for metal (in this case, aluminum). I bought the Otto Racing bar from Procarparts, it's nice. Go for it.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:29 PM

I got custommaxima strut bat and im very happy with it... nice handling!!
I think the CM strut bar it looks really nice than any others struts bars out there...
Old 09-20-2003, 08:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Do they make a RSB for the Max??
Not sure if I want to pay for for the Stillen.
Why is Stillen always more expensive...lol.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:21 PM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

I also bought that strut bar from SWA, its nice..
Here is a pic of it on my car.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:30 PM
tEh Hope

Originally Posted by Cdriven
Why is Stillen always more expensive...lol.
...because it says stillen on it, kinda like Sony, Bose...

To OP, I purchased the bar from the same seller on Ebay procarparts.com, I bought a new one but they sent me a used (probably returned item) FSTB. It had a couple of hard metal chips and it was very obvious that it had been used before. The bar itself was very shabbily packed, missing instructions, warranty papers etc... I just installed it anyway because I don't have the patience to deal with all the BS I have to go through if I had to exchange it. Overall, its a very nice bar, it does the job well, go for it. I don't think you'll find it cheaper anywhere else... unless you don't mind a different brand. AFAIK, even a $10 strut bar will do the job...
Old 09-21-2003, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Maxxxed

To OP, I purchased the bar from the same seller on Ebay procarparts.com, I bought a new one but they sent me a used (probably returned item) FSTB. It had a couple of hard metal chips and it was very obvious that it had been used before. The bar itself was very shabbily packed, missing instructions, warranty papers etc... I just installed it anyway because I don't have the patience to deal with all the BS I have to go through if I had to exchange it. Overall, its a very nice bar, it does the job well, go for it. I don't think you'll find it cheaper anywhere else... unless you don't mind a different brand. AFAIK, even a $10 strut bar will do the job...
I also got mine from them, and until I've read your comment I thought that all this dirt and minor scratches are do to poor quality (never bought an OTTO product before, so I did not know what to expect.) But now looking at it closely, it must have been on another car for quite some time.
Since it has been only a week since I got mine, I'll clall them on Mon. and see what they have to say.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:29 AM
LithiuMax

Damn, a used one? That's no good. Well, I guess I can't retract my bid, so I will have to go with theirs. We'll see what happens.. and thanks for the info.

Old 09-21-2003, 09:31 AM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

Originally Posted by Y2KSESteve
We just started carrying these and I put one on my car. We have about 25 of these waiting to be shipped out. http://store.yahoo.com/southwestauto...imafrstto.html
Go here people!! 25 ready to ship! All brand new never been used! Great price also! What more could you ask for??
Old 09-21-2003, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Maxxxed

You know, I never even paid much attention, but now that you mention it mine looked new but the box had definitely been opened before. No instructions (pretty self-explanatory) and no warranty papers. I'd go with SWA, I haven't gotten anything from them.....yet, but I've heard nothing but good things.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by ukeyman
but I've heard nothing but good things.

There is a reason for that.
I've delt with both Alex and Steve.. in person, and they are both standup individuals who know their $hit.
I've purchased through them many times ... even though I could save a buck or two elseware. But when it comes down to it is saving a couple bucks worth risking the headaches of dealing with the unknown. Trust and peace of mind has made SWA my dealer of choice.

p.s. top notch friendly customer service. they will do what it takes to please each customer.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:54 PM

I got my bar on eBay for $12. They shipped it quickly and it was obviously brand new. Nice shiny polished aluminum, solid but not heavy. It mounted up the exact same way as the "otto" pictured in the auction above, so I guess my question would be are these other bars really worth 3 or 4 times the price ??
Old 09-21-2003, 06:01 PM

do you drink Coke or private label soda ?
do you use trojan or a plastic bag?
do you think the re92 is a "good" tire?

would the 12 bucks be worth it if it did fail while diving hard into a corner ?

this is the way I think about most things.
I prefer to do my research and get less good $hit
and not alot of cheap $hit
I gained this philosophy after throwing all the cheap $hit away
Old 09-21-2003, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by davidme
do you drink Coke or private label soda ?
do you use trojan or a plastic bag?
do you think the re92 is a "good" tire?

would the 12 bucks be worth it if it did fail while diving hard into a corner ?

this is the way I think about most things.
I prefer to do my research and get less good $hit
and not alot of cheap $hit
I gained this philosophy after throwing all the cheap $hit away
1. Pepsi or Sierra Mist
2. Trojan (sometimes that is...this explains my 6-week-old son)
3. Hell no - see my thread a few down about my new wheels & tires

4. As I said in my earlier post, it's a solid bar. Seems to be great quality. I've driven plenty hard with it and no problems. Is there any chance it was just a better deal? Is that totally out of the question for you? Are you 100% sure it is crap? And how do you mean "fail"? I don't think it would affect the car much if at all, since it didn't even HAVE one stock!
Old 09-21-2003, 06:44 PM

using "high" quality materials I would image that a cheap bar would sell for 30 bucks.
if your bar were to somehow snap under a heavy load you would do damage as well as slide the F$$K out and crash. I know, I worry my self too.
I'm not willing to take the chance with safety when it come to my vehicle.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:02 AM

Maybe I can set up a group deal on these badboys...
Old 09-22-2003, 12:39 AM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

There is a reason for that.
I've delt with both Alex and Steve.. in person, and they are both standup individuals who know their $hit.
I've purchased through them many times ... even though I could save a buck or two elseware. But when it comes down to it is saving a couple bucks worth risking the headaches of dealing with the unknown. Trust and peace of mind has made SWA my dealer of choice.

p.s. top notch friendly customer service. they will do what it takes to please each customer.
Amen to that! They rock!
Old 09-22-2003, 10:46 AM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=250169 GD for $50 shipped.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:07 AM
tEh Hope

Hey Steve, how about a GD on clear side markers? All 4...
Old 09-22-2003, 11:14 AM

I can run that for you next week.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:03 AM

using "high" quality materials I would image that a cheap bar would sell for 30 bucks.
if your bar were to somehow snap under a heavy load you would do damage as well as slide the F$$K out and crash. I know, I worry my self too.
I'm not willing to take the chance with safety when it come to my vehicle.

Well, I'm sure the seller of mine was HOPING it would get bid up higher
...I just think I lucked into a great deal

As for the kind of hard driving that might break even the cheapest bar - it's just not gonna happen in my Max. Maybe in a couple of my other cars though...