5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

legal problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 10:39 AM

legal problems

has anyone been arrested for street racing? if so help me out i got pulled over last night we were at a light n da guy was right in back of us all we did was peel out n he got us he started cursing at us and arrested us i got to go to court i might lose my car n face jail time but barely n e time any one have n e idease wat i can do to keep my license or just any comments please help i really need it
Old 09-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by xtatic one
has anyone been arrested for street racing? if so help me out i got pulled over last night we were at a light n da guy was right in back of us all we did was peel out n he got us he started cursing at us and arrested us i got to go to court i might lose my car n face jail time but barely n e time any one have n e idease wat i can do to keep my license or just any comments please help i really need it
Street racing =
Old 09-21-2003, 10:58 AM

Seek out an adult with community influence. I do not know how old you are, but I'm guessing you under 20.

Does you family know a Police officer or lawyer. Go to court and admit you acted stupidly. Have the adult plead your case to the judge. You realize what you did was wrong and you will Not do it again. Be thankful if you just get a fine and points. Do NOT request a long form depostion from the ticketing officer.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:02 AM

get an attorney to represent you in court....if u have questions, ask the attorney! not hear on the board
Old 09-21-2003, 11:23 AM
It's chrome alright...

get your GED while you're in, or learn a trade that doesn't involve public speaking
Old 09-21-2003, 11:28 AM
LithiuMax

Originally Posted by 2k2wannabe
get your GED while you're in, or learn a trade that doesn't involve public speaking

So unnecessary..

Old 09-21-2003, 11:36 AM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by LithiuMax

So unnecessary..
Just like street racing
Just like typing 4 lines of text with no capitals
Just like typing 4 lines of text with only one punctuation mark
Just like asking on a webboard "how do I get out of a street racing ticket"

right back at-cha!
Old 09-21-2003, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Darth Vader
Seek out an adult with community influence. I do not know how old you are, but I'm guessing you under 20.

Does you family know a Police officer or lawyer. Go to court and admit you acted stupidly. Have the adult plead your case to the judge. You realize what you did was wrong and you will Not do it again. Be thankful if you just get a fine and points. Do NOT request a long form depostion from the ticketing officer.
im 17 whats as long form depostion? im gna say all dat but the guy when he was talking to us every other word was a curse word and he said when he was leaving "if i catch u doing this stupid sh*t again u will end up in jail and ur blue eyes and blonde hair theyll love you in prison" so we r gna try to use that on our side cause he was constantly cursing at me and hes a minor
Old 09-21-2003, 11:45 AM
It's chrome alright...

im 17 whats as long form depostion? im gna say all dat but the guy when he was talking to us every other word was a curse word and he said when he was leaving "if i catch u doing this stupid sh*t again u will end up in jail and ur blue eyes and blonde hair theyll love you in prison" so we r gna try to use that on our side cause he was constantly cursing at me and hes a minor
Does him cursing at you mean you aren't guilty of street racing? Seriously, you NEED a lawyer. DO NOT go in and say "that bad man yelled at me" and expect the judge to throw the case out.

The officer might get a talking-to later by his captain, but it does not affect your innocense or guilt.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:50 AM
LithiuMax

Originally Posted by 2k2wannabe
Just like street racing
Just like typing 4 lines of text with no capitals
Just like typing 4 lines of text with only one punctuation mark
Just like asking on a webboard "how do I get out of a street racing ticket"

right back at-cha!
Maybe English is his 5th language? Street racing is OK in moderation and if you use your head, and coming somewhere is the first step towards getting some idea of what to do. Yeah, he is guilty because he got caught; however, he's just asking for advice.

Old 09-21-2003, 04:55 PM
lcf

Course of action:
  1. Put 2k2wannabe on ignore.
  2. Seek advice from a professional; GET A MOTHERFCUKING ATTORNEY ASAP!
Good luck.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:26 PM

ANYTIME you are dragged in front of a Judge and have something serious to lose, you better have someone standing next to you that knows the game. You're going to have to take your mod money for the next 6-12 months and find yourself an attorney that is extemely familiar with both driving infractions and the County court system. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:26 PM
tEh Hope

Xtatic One, if you want someone here to take you seriously, try speaking English... this is not AIM. Second, you are probably scared to death to tell this to your parents but don't be stupid go tell your mommy, they'll find a lawyer for you... you are lucky that you are under 18, it is a little easier for your to get out of this mess, just get a professional to represent you...
Old 09-21-2003, 05:38 PM

Why would you go to jail for squealing your tires? There must be more to it than that - around here that is just "exhibition of speed" or something like that. Heck if that's really all you did I would go to court and say there was something slick on the road and you didn't realize it when you took off at the light - certainly they won't lock you up over that
Old 09-21-2003, 05:40 PM

Im no lawyer, but I really dont think you are going to jail for streetracing, especially because you are under 18. Check your mirriors next time.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:38 PM
CCx

Originally Posted by ch13f
Im no lawyer, but I really dont think you are going to jail for streetracing, especially because you are under 18. Check your mirriors next time.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:57 PM

Get an Attorney!!!! Get one that has some influence (ie knows the judge or the P.Attorney) in your district court. Their contacts help a lot!!!

Next time be more careful. Street racing is just not worth it...go to the track next time to let off steam. Good luck!
Old 09-21-2003, 06:58 PM

Either get a lawyer or clamp your azz shut 4 two-three days
Old 09-21-2003, 11:31 PM

Im a street racer too buddy... good luck!!! But when you ready for racing you have to check everything... mirrors, street, road, and the side of the street if your heart says "go" do it... last week i raced a ford probe (it's my friend) he was like lets go, i was like "no" because my heart said "no" so he floor it... he did about 90mph in 35 zone, i did 60 in 35... and after that... on the light i saw behind us the cop... but this cop was from other town... when he did 90 and i did 60 the cop was behind us... thanks god!!!! thrust your instinct like me... my instinct saved me many times... and Im 21 years old!!!
Old 09-21-2003, 11:42 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I got pulled over for more or less the same thing. But they called it "basic speed".... not racing. I didnt even peel out. I just accelerated under a bridge, and with my exhaust, Staright Pipe, no resonator, muffler and Y pipe , the guy assumed I was flooring it, even though I knew he was behind me all the way. He had me pulled over for almost 30 minutes.

Now with that said, go get a lawyer, and a grammar lesson. In case you guys dont know, this is what the educational system in the US is producing right now. More than half these kids cant even tell you who the President is....