5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Who has AE headlights on their 02/03?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Banned

Who has AE headlights on their 02/03?

I haven't had much luck on the search, so I want to know if anyone here has done the conversion? I think Guzo's the only one that has done it, but basically, my questions are:

1) How do they look? (close up pics would be nice)

2) Any fitment issues?

3) Is it a PITA to install?

4) If I buy them from this site parts what other wires, harnesses, etc would I need for this conversion? Part #'s if anyone has them would be great!

5) I appreciate any feedback on questions 1-4
Old 10-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I am not the only one who did it. A few people have done this already, I didn't do it myself, most of them did.
Old 10-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GuZo
I am not the only one who did it. A few people have done this already, I didn't do it myself, most of them did.
ah hah, there you are! If you didn't do it yourself, did you take it Nissan or did a body shop do it? how much did it cost, if I may ask? Did you order the parts, or did the shop have it in stock?
Old 10-04-2003, 05:34 PM

Local Bodyshop did it for me. They are experienced with doing the conversion( I see about 5 02-03's everyday with 01 headlights around me)

I don't know the exact cost, the lights got stolen i took the car in and i bought the headlights and i told him to put the 01 headlights in, I have the 02 Hids in my room just sitting. I would say installation without any other parts they might need would be less than 100 bux.

Just call them and talk to them, (973) 344-0102, ask for Manny or Mario.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:05 PM

I just got mine done by the bodyshop.There is only a slight gap at the inside corner by the bottom of the bumper.I have my hids in the boxes in my livingroom.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2k3blk6spd
I just got mine done by the bodyshop.There is only a slight gap at the inside corner by the bottom of the bumper.I have my hids in the boxes in my livingroom.
I have AE headlights..anyone want to trade
(HID theft is not a problem here, yet)
Old 10-05-2003, 12:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GuZo
Local Bodyshop did it for me. They are experienced with doing the conversion( I see about 5 02-03's everyday with 01 headlights around me)

I don't know the exact cost, the lights got stolen i took the car in and i bought the headlights and i told him to put the 01 headlights in, I have the 02 Hids in my room just sitting. I would say installation without any other parts they might need would be less than 100 bux.

Just call them and talk to them, (973) 344-0102, ask for Manny or Mario.
hmmm........Jersey's a bit far for me, but I may call just to see what they say, in case there's other wires and harnesses and part #'s that are needed for the install.

While I'm at it, maybe I'll get the 00-01 taillight swap done, just to add to the deception........
Old 10-05-2003, 03:25 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

If you have to go to this extent...move out of the rat hole you live in. I am from Nyc . and this HID situation is pathetic !
Old 10-05-2003, 03:58 AM
Bandwagon Lover

Originally Posted by kloogy
If you have to go to this extent...move out of the rat hole you live in. I am from Nyc . and this HID situation is pathetic !
Of course, that's not the point (The thieves should have their weeners removed )......Moving to a better area would solve it tho
Old 10-05-2003, 04:25 AM
NT2SHBBY

Kloogy, you like to bring up the fact that you are from NYC, which is fine, but then you move to the total opposite side of the US (Cali), and then you have the nerve to ask us local catz where you can get some SOHK gear to consequently ROCK IN CALI...

if you hated it so much here, what's up with the SOHK stuff?? IMO and to the best of my knowledge, catz only rock SOHK when they are PROUD of their area...

Personally, I love and hate NYC...I love my town, I love the closeness of things, I love manhattan, but at the same time I hate our mayor, I hate the huge tax increase we city residents are forced to pay SEMI-ANNUALLY , I hate the "lack-of" job market, and I hate the problems with reference to snow and our horrendous streets that get that much worse

with that all said, I ain't movin so fast...

Old 10-05-2003, 06:41 AM
Banned

Well, as much as I'd like to pick up and go, until I find a job down in FL where I want to move to, this is the only option I have. I wouldn't call LI a rat hole, but HID theft here is very unpredictable because as nice as the suburbs are out here, you're still in NY and can never tell. I look at it from the point of "CYA'ing" myself now before I have to deal with more of a headache later on. Whenever I go to the dealerships out here, there are multiple 02's and 03's with missing HIDS. Sure, its pathetic, but I haven't gotten down to trying to sell my car because of it either.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by VQPowerSE
Well, as much as I'd like to pick up and go, until I find a job down in FL where I want to move to, this is the only option I have. I wouldn't call LI a rat hole, but HID theft here is very unpredictable because as nice as the suburbs are out here, you're still in NY and can never tell. I look at it from the point of "CYA'ing" myself now before I have to deal with more of a headache later on. Whenever I go to the dealerships out here, there are multiple 02's and 03's with missing HIDS. Sure, its pathetic, but I haven't gotten down to trying to sell my car because of it either.
Very well said, no offense Kloogy, but that would be like transfering away from the school where an ex-girlfriend goes, simply because she's there. Many of us like the Northeast, I personally live in Jersey and I love the abundancy of culture in this area of the country, I know California also has culture and I would personally like to live there one day, or currently so I could vote for Schwarzennegger but that's another story. Cali is bad with theft too, here they take the lights, in Cali they might take the whole car. I personally don't think you really thought about what you typed before you typed. I got one question for you, will you move somewhere if they start poppin HID's in California and you're hit?

If everyone thought like you did, we'd all be in Montana or something and our worst worries would be hitting a cow.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:18 PM

back to the subject before this turns into a flame thread...

anybody have pics on their 2k2/2k3 with AE Lights?

by the way...I love NY/NJ...can't move away even because HID thefts
Old 10-07-2003, 09:55 AM

UPDATE: HID THEFT HAS HIT SAN DIEGO

i am taking this guys word for it...
http://hidforum.com/forum/showthread...0713#post10712 (scroll down to dbelleperc)
Old 10-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I say just make your own A.E. headlights out of just regular 2k/2k1 headlights... Its cheaper that way, and only takes a few hours to do it... And also I think it looks more aggressive. Look at mine.

Sorry for the huge picture btw...

Bryan
Old 10-07-2003, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2k3blk6spd
Do you want to sell those?
Old 10-07-2003, 10:40 AM
NT2SHBBY

where's kloogy on this topic? he makes a blanket statement about how shietty NYC is, and then he can't defend his comment??

Old 10-07-2003, 11:02 AM

i did not think that AE headlights where more expensive. i thought that they where about the same price give or take a dollar
Old 10-07-2003, 11:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Luquire
i did not think that AE headlights where more expensive. i thought that they where about the same price give or take a dollar
new yes, used no... they go for a little bit more used...

Bryan
Old 10-07-2003, 02:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
where's kloogy on this topic? he makes a blanket statement about how shietty NYC is, and then he can't defend his comment??

C'mon Heath, don't start a war man. If and when his HID's ever get stolen one day and he makes a post about it, then you can tell him to move to a different area, that's all. Until then, think of this thread as a form of evolution, in a way such that since we're not all willing to just sell our cars and lose $$$ on them, we have to evolve by "modifying" (heh, nice word, huh?) them to survive the cruel environment we leave/park them in (other than a garage!).

It would be like wondering in a 1000 years if we'll grow wings?
Old 10-08-2003, 03:44 AM
NT2SHBBY

C'mon Heath, don't start a war man. If and when his HID's ever get stolen one day and he makes a post about it, then you can tell him to move to a different area, that's all. Until then, think of this thread as a form of evolution, in a way such that since we're not all willing to just sell our cars and lose $$$ on them, we have to evolve by "modifying" (heh, nice word, huh?) them to survive the cruel environment we leave/park them in (other than a garage!).

It would be like wondering in a 1000 years if we'll grow wings?

Keith, not trying to start wars but if you read my first post, u'd see my message....Kloogy comes on makes a statement how bad NYC is and basically how we deserve what we get living here, but like I stated, a month or so ago (maybe longer/shorter) he came into NE forum askin us where he can get SOHK (School of Hard Knocks) gear (clothing) because in Cali they don't sell this stuff (why would they??-SOHK is NYC based and NYC geared)

Its a double standard and I know I'm not the only one wondering this, maybe I'm the only one with the cajones to confront him about it....

either way, he still hasn't responded..

Old 10-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Banned

headlights

I haven't had much luck on the search, so I want to know if anyone here has done the conversion? I think Guzo's the only one that has done it, but basically, my questions are:

1) How do they look? (close up pics would be nice)

2) Any fitment issues?

3) Is it a PITA to install?

4) If I buy them from this site parts what other wires, harnesses, etc would I need for this conversion? Part #'s if anyone has them would be great!

5) I appreciate any feedback on questions 1-4
hey,
I have a set of headlights (that came off my car when I swap to AE) for sale, you can convert them into AE, you can have the set (driver, pass) for $100+shipping. PM me if interested.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cesar
hey,
I have a set of headlights (that came off my car when I swap to AE) for sale, you can convert them into AE, you can have the set (driver, pass) for $100+shipping. PM me if interested.
if any 2k2/2k3 guys want to go this route to 2k1 AE or 2k/2k1 regular---you will also need a harness for the halogen bulb--our harness will not work with those lights