5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

TOYO Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2001, 01:33 AM
mgold07

Has anyone had any problems with the Toyo stock tires on the GLE? Any comments? Thanks!

Old 02-17-2001, 06:34 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

On Toyo tires

Since last year I have used only Toyo on my show car and street cars. On my 95 GLE I have had no problems what so ever in the past.

We are also using the Toyo race tires now as well.

I did though ( last week )put a set of Yokahoma's on the GLE out of necessity. My wife uses the car daily and needed two new tires quickly ( very long story ).

I am sponsored by Toyo and could not wait for a set to be shipped out, so I put the next best tire on there.

Regards

Originally posted by mgold07
Has anyone had any problems with the Toyo stock tires on the GLE? Any comments? Thanks!
Old 02-17-2001, 07:57 AM

For factory tires, they are sticky when its dry. Just 'OK' in wet and snow. Overall, better than Michelin MXV4 Energy.

The tires seem alittle hard and stiff over bumps and are really loud over some surfaces.
Old 02-17-2001, 04:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My Toyo's have given me no problems through 9900 miles. But the original Toyo's on my old 3rd gen wore out real fast (35,000 miles). I'll be looking for that on these.
Old 02-17-2001, 06:41 PM

Re: On Toyo tires

Originally posted by Avalon Racing
Since last year I have used only Toyo on my show car and street cars. On my 95 GLE I have had no problems what so ever in the past.

We are also using the Toyo race tires now as well.

I did though ( last week )put a set of Yokahoma's on the GLE out of necessity. My wife uses the car daily and needed two new tires quickly ( very long story ).

I am sponsored by Toyo and could not wait for a set to be shipped out, so I put the next best tire on there.

Regards

A.R. What Hi or Ultra performance summer tire would you recommend from Toyo, I wanted yokohama's, but wanted your take....