5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Installed Frankencar - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 12:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Installed Frankencar - Questions

First off I want to say that it was worth the money spent, love the growl, and noticed definite increase in power. I have some questions though: Note that I have a 2K

1. How do you pull off the ATF sensor? I coudn't pull that sum***** off. So i plugged the midpipe with duct tape.

2. I'm assuming you use scissors to cut the wire loom open to pull slack for the ATF. Seems risky cutting around those wires, I suppose you retape the wire loom with electrical tape afterwards though.

thanks for any help
Old 10-13-2003, 12:57 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by KP ROX
First off I want to say that it was worth the money spent, love the growl, and noticed definite increase in power. I have some questions though: Note that I have a 2K

1. How do you pull off the ATF sensor? I coudn't pull that sum***** off. So i plugged the midpipe with duct tape.

2. I'm assuming you use scissors to cut the wire loom open to pull slack for the ATF. Seems risky cutting around those wires, I suppose you retape the wire loom with electrical tape afterwards though.

thanks for any help
just put your hand on the scoop and pulled it slowly but pull hard. i used a carpenter's knife to cut the tape and never retaped it with no problems. there is no performance difference in putting it in the pipe and leaving it in the scoop. if you dont mind the duct tape then i would just leave it in the scoop and keep the midpipe taped up.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:06 PM

I just installed mine on Sunday. I love it, also. Evan the wife thought it sounded good. The sensor just pulls out of the grommet, then remove the grommet. I cut the tape, also, to get some slack and undid the clip, too. I got enough slack to plug it into the mip pipe, but just barely. I would like to have a little more slack. I could not make the bracket they gave me work. Too short unless i"m missing something. Also, without the bracket that's attached to the strut tower, I had no place to hang the stuff (don't know the proper terms) that was attached to the bracket. Other than that, it was a good install. I'm not sure about power but it sure sounds good. lol I think that it's more responsive.