5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Hello All!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 07:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello All!

Hello! I just bought a 2000 Maxima SE (light blue, leather, sun-roof) and I love the car! Truth is, I always wanted a Maxima since I was a kid (I'm 28 now), but I settled for a Stanza back in 97 (I had bought a 91'). This Max is great. I wish it had a little more leg room, as I got spoiled by my Stanza, but oh well. After years of being a 'Stanza' enthusiast (I started teamnse.com back in the day), I'm fully looking forward to being a 'Maxima' enthusiast, although I'm not looking to hack up my car just yet!

This forum looks like a great place, and I've already read a lot of good threads up in here. It's nice to be a part of something that is very established, as opposed to being a Stanza enthusiast and having to be a 'pioneer' if you want to do a mod or anything. Of course, that was half the fun.

Anyway, just wanted to say whasup! (I live in Texas BTW.)

Stephen

Oh yeah, my Maxima had only 19696 miles when I drove off the lot. Yep.. a 2000. Only paid $14.9K too. Woohoo! Got the God hook-up on dis one!
Old 10-17-2003, 07:54 AM

Congrats and welcome!
Old 10-17-2003, 07:59 AM
VQ Wizard

Welcome .
Old 10-17-2003, 08:16 AM
CCx

welcome!
Old 10-17-2003, 08:18 AM

Welcome! The name of the color is Satin Blue pearl.... check out the pic below! I thought we were low at 45k miles on our 2k. Are you sportin a auto or 5 gear?

Travis
Old 10-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the dap!

Ahhh, Satin Blue. I like that. Yep, that is it!

I got an automatic this time. Manual's are fun (my Stanza was a manual... had an ACT clutch at one time... had a Centerforce the next) but I was going for longetivity this time. Got tiring having to maintain it, especially since I rode the car pretty hard. Burn-outs, down-shifts, and everything in between takes it's toll after awhile.

The only thing I don't like about this Max is the leg room, but I'm managing. I'm 6' 6", so I have to lay the seat back a little, but that's about it. The Bose system sounds good, the sunroof is something nice to have, the 17" rims are fine as they are, and I like the 2tone leather scheme, so I'm not complaining!

Give me a year or so though... I'll hack into it soon enough. I'm just glad I don't have to make parts 'fit' like I had to do on my Stanza. That got old after awhile.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2tone
Thanks for the dap!

Ahhh, Satin Blue. I like that. Yep, that is it!

I got an automatic this time. Manual's are fun (my Stanza was a manual... had an ACT clutch at one time... had a Centerforce the next) but I was going for longetivity this time. Got tiring having to maintain it, especially since I rode the car pretty hard. Burn-outs, down-shifts, and everything in between takes it's toll after awhile.

The only thing I don't like about this Max is the leg room, but I'm managing. I'm 6' 6", so I have to lay the seat back a little, but that's about it. The Bose system sounds good, the sunroof is something nice to have, the 17" rims are fine as they are, and I like the 2tone leather scheme, so I'm not complaining!

Give me a year or so though... I'll hack into it soon enough. I'm just glad I don't have to make parts 'fit' like I had to do on my Stanza. That got old after awhile.
I did the proverbial tweeter swap that was the rage on the Bose systems over a year ago this spring and that was a nice enhancement. Also added clear corners and 2k2 tails because she wanted them... here's a pic:

Other than that along with the AE door sills (she hated the pedals )it's stock sporting the Bose, moonroof and heated CLOTH seats! Replaced the Potenzas with Cooper Lifeliner SLE tourings at 28k miles last December. Got an pics or a build date on your ride?

The first stick the local dealer got was an early 2k satin blue with the 16" wheels.

Travis
Old 10-17-2003, 09:36 AM

welcome to the org!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:38 AM

Dude a 2000 with less than 20G miles. NiCe
welcome to the org