5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Navigation Mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 09:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Navigation Mod

Hey Guys, This is probably a stupid question, but I figure this is the best place to ask it. I have a stock 02 Maxima GLE with the Navigation System. I'm looking at patching into it to get it to display normal DVDs. I figure that the best way of doing this is to put a switch in that will switch the RGB inputs from the normal input to my own.
SO, my first step was to look around for an Composite to RGB converter. This is because I have multiple devices that output composite, and If I wire up the Composite to RGB converter, then I can switch to whatever input I want to later.
First problen was finding something that does that conversion for me, so if anyone has any leads, that would be great, from what I've read, the only one that people were using is now discontinued.
Second, I know this sounds stupid, but where are some instructions on how to get at the exposed connections. I saw the site http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalNisMax3.htm that shows how to remove the other type of stereo, and I wanted to know if this is the same for the Nav unit. Thanks a lot guys. Also, this will be the first mod I've made to my Maxima, so if anyone has any tips for me on common idiot mistakes that I can avoid, that would be great.

Thanks!
--TheGeek
Old 10-19-2003, 09:28 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

http://www.navtv.com/products-dealer-universal.htm

Go there. They sell an interface that hooks right up to the Nissan Navigation unit. You will just need to add a DVD player, and you are ready to go. Ive pricedit at about 800 bucks installed.