5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

A surprised BMW 745 driver.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 07:04 AM

A surprised BMW 745 driver.

I was driving home from work last weekend and the BWM's was tailgating me until we stopped at the light. The driver (she) looked over and smiled at me and gave me the look as if she wanted to play (race that is). So, we did and to her surprised I got a whole car length on her until 80mph when I shutoff. At the next stop light, she looked at me again, this time with a more serious face. Both of her hands were on the steering wheel and was concentrating. As the light turned green, I again, got a whole car length in front of her. I looked over and she didn't seem too happy as I saw her passenger (1) was laughing.

The reason I posted this tread is because I noticed that most BMW's drivers around my area think that they owned the roadway and that their cars are the "ultimate" driving machine. I have no contest to their claimed but it was just "funny" to see these arrogant Bimmer drivers faces when got beating but a car that costed just 1/3 of what their "ultimate" driving machine! It sure made my day after a hard day of overtime work.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:24 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by VMaximus02
I was driving home from work last weekend and the BWM's was tailgating me until we stopped at the light. The driver (she) looked over and smiled at me and gave me the look as if she wanted to play (race that is). So, we did and to her surprised I got a whole car length on her until 80mph when I shutoff. At the next stop light, she looked at me again, this time with a more serious face. Both of her hands were on the steering wheel and was concentrating. As the light turned green, I again, got a whole car length in front of her. I looked over and she didn't seem too happy as I saw her passenger (1) was laughing.

The reason I posted this tread is because I noticed that most BMW's drivers around my area think that they owned the roadway and that their cars are the "ultimate" driving machine. I have no contest to their claimed but it was just "funny" to see these arrogant Bimmer drivers faces when got beating but a car that costed just 1/3 of what their "ultimate" driving machine! It sure made my day after a hard day of overtime work.
Nice kill..taking out a beast like that is not an easy win.

However i don't agree with your reason for the post. I hate these generalizations, that one's car is accurate reflection of one's personality: you're saying you know how other people think...are you a mind-reader?
It takes more than stoplight-to-stoplight to determine what is actually the "ultimate driving machine," which is merely slogan thought up by a reputable automanufacturer marketing div. FYI: there is a reason why the 7-series costs 3x as much as a Max.

So did you get her friend's #?
Old 11-10-2003, 07:46 AM
Got Bent?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=262499
Old 11-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

nice kill dude...
what the ***** hott???
i do like the 745's alot...
Old 11-10-2003, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by CoolMax
Nice kill..taking out a beast like that is not an easy win.

However i don't agree with your reason for the post. I hate these generalizations, that one's car is accurate reflection of one's personality: you're saying you know how other people think...are you a mind-reader?
It takes more than stoplight-to-stoplight to determine what is actually the "ultimate driving machine," which is merely slogan thought up by a reputable automanufacturer marketing div. FYI: there is a reason why the 7-series costs 3x as much as a Max.

So did you get her friend's #?
First, I did never said I know other people thoughts, as you'd proclaimed. The "Ultimate driving machine" was a quote, if you haven't noticed? And if you've read more carefully, I did mentioned that I had no contest to their claimed. Buddy, you are reading too much into this thread as you should NOT have been. All I was trying to say was that I surprised the 745 Bimmer driver. So, please do not make it more than it was intended to be!

Funny with the "get the friend's #" You do not know if I am a male/female.
Now who is reading other peolple minds?
Old 11-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally Posted by VMaximus02
Funny with the "get the friend's #" You do not know if I am a male/female.
Now who is reading other peolple minds?