5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

technosquare ECU!!!!! i got it done today

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=IceY2K1]

Serenity Now!!!!

I do agree. Don't get me wrong, that fact that it got done is great. However facts are the facts. We need the Dyno
Old 11-14-2003, 01:08 PM
I miss the .org!

My 2k2 6sp dynoed 206hp stock. If this mod only gave him 4hp above that...what?
Old 11-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by krmaxima
about the security problem there is really no problem. if i had my other key and if it worked there is no problem but remember i didnt have my spare key. for some reason my key didnt work but yea the ecu is running perfect without the security feature. but i am going to go in on tuesday and get it redone so dont worry about. it really isnt a big problem but yes they told me that they are going to start selling them so called them and get it. also remember since the ecu is less restrictive once u add mods, you will see a bigger jump. and this is for a fact. the 6 speed added a intake and the tq increased by 1/2. so if he gained 15 tq with new ecu now he has like 30 tq with the intake. and he dynoed on a dynojet i will tell them to post dyno on their website.
later
Ice really has it pegged here. We did learn anything from this post.
The bold statement above makes no sense either. If it increases by 1/2 then a 15tq gain with the ecu flash would be 22.5tq with an intake too, not doubled, to bad that math doesn't work in the real world. 1 car doing this proves nothing as far gains with mods we would need several to show similar results before you could give those kinds of numbers with any certainty.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by krmaxima
i think that says it all
Actually, that doesn't say much of anything.

I'm not familiar with how the Bosch dyno calculates the power figures, but case in point - if you were to run the same test on a Mustang dyno, i can assure you the numbers will most probably be lower (They're always lower compared to a Dynojet run).

Additionally, was the test SAE corrected? Which gear was it run at? Last time i made a run - it was in the wrong gear and the Dyno could only muster up 170hp, although my torque was through the roof.

As you can see, there's so many factors that it's hard to just take your word for it as far as #'s go.

I know you're excited and all and just trying to help out, but i've been there before and #'s alone just won't convert anyone.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Here's a good reason why we should ALL stick to one dyno and the DynoJet seems the most available:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/ed...ble/index.html

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/03...ash/index.html

Originally Posted by soundmike
Actually, that doesn't say much of anything.

I'm not familiar with how the Bosch dyno calculates the power figures, but case in point - if you were to run the same test on a Mustang dyno, i can assure you the numbers will most probably be lower (They're always lower compared to a Dynojet run).

Additionally, was the test SAE corrected? Which gear was it run at? Last time i made a run - it was in the wrong gear and the Dyno could only muster up 170hp, although my torque was through the roof.

As you can see, there's so many factors that it's hard to just take your word for it as far as #'s go.

I know you're excited and all and just trying to help out, but i've been there before and #'s alone just won't convert anyone.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:07 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Well, Im planning on Dynoing my Max at the Stillen show tomorrow..so lets see what I get , and I plan on doing the ECU mod soon too...Take it easy on Kr..
Old 11-14-2003, 02:14 PM

Kloogy -

Make sure to tell them you're boosted, so they'll let you use the fan this time. LOL!

Good luck!
Old 11-14-2003, 02:48 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Haha...Maybe I will tell them I just had their headers put on and I want to see how power I lost, I mean gained .......
Old 11-14-2003, 03:12 PM
LithiuMax

Wow.. this is some thread..

Old 11-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Blu
the tits

Im curious to see what you dyno
Old 11-14-2003, 03:18 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
Im curious to see what you dyno
Matt, the sales guy at Nissan told me I had 255 hp in my Max...you mean to say that he was wrong....
Old 11-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by kloogy
Matt, the sales guy at Nissan told me I had 255 hp in my Max...you mean to say that he was wrong....
Old 11-14-2003, 03:46 PM
The Definitive AE Master

the sales guy at nissan asked me to test drive their 6spd altima.... dang, I didn't even know they had one. They couldn't be wrong kloogy... they couldn't be.....

hehe... see you at stillen tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:48 PM

Let me guess....he was referring to a 6th gen.?

If so, that's better then calling it a Maxima!

Originally Posted by Larrio
the sales guy at nissan asked me to test drive their 6spd altima.... dang, I didn't even know they had one. They couldn't be wrong kloogy... they couldn't be.....

hehe... see you at stillen tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:13 PM

ok sorry for posting too soon but i just wanted other org memeber to know this is out and it works. didnt i post a website with the dyno charts??? its there on the first page look at it the 6 speed dynoed at like 217 with only a muffler look at the website for dyno. and y would i bs about the dyno chart i just dont have it. its a technosquare. and most of u wouldnt even know how to read it since its a bosch. well i will try to dyno it soon on a dynojet some time next week. and i will post. but the guy with the 6 speed installed an intake and now he is at 224 hp and 236tq i think i will try to get technosquare to give me the dyno charts and i will post.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:18 PM

soundmike you are 100% correct but i made the run in 3 gear. its hard to dyno an auto but yea also the weather was pretty bad. anyone who lives in LA should know the day before it rained like crazy.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:56 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Geez Ice, I'd rather he post SOME info than nothing. It's not like he's claiming to have all the facts.

It's just like when Cattman gave us some info about the Y-pipe before he had a dyno to show. Some of us do appreciate to get some of the info even if there isn't a complete and scientific analysis of the car.

Don't get me wrong, threads like this make me appreciate all the work that Will, 1Bad, and Quicksilver put in that much more - but I'd still rather have some of the story than nothing at all.

Thanks for the info krmaxima.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:20 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Well, Im planning on Dynoing my Max at the Stillen show tomorrow....
I'm going to dyno my stock Max tomorrow too. What kind of dyno does Stillen use?
Old 11-14-2003, 07:27 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

You got nothing until you got dyno...

But Frank is right in the sense that some info is better than none at all. It's just better to post when you have everything sorted out and all the proper methods of comparison rolled together in one nice package...
Old 11-14-2003, 07:31 PM

This thread gave me a headache, I guess he liked his ecu flash is all I got from this need to re-dyno mine after the y-pipe to see what it did (havent got around to it) did run a better et at the track though
Old 11-14-2003, 07:41 PM

"A stock auto will put down 195 at most and the 6spds put down about 205 at most. "

My 6sp dynoed at an average of 209.03hp/ 225.2tq stock on a dynojet.

http://www.nissanx.net/gall/albun08/run123LQ
Old 11-14-2003, 07:43 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by bgates1654
"A stock auto will put down 195 at most and the 6spds put down about 205 at most. "

My 6sp dynoed at an average of 209.03hp stock on a dynojet.

http://www.nissanx.net/gall/albun08/run123LQ
Don't you mean stock with an OBX catback exhaust?
Old 11-14-2003, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Don't you mean stock with an OBX catback exhaust?
Nope thats completely stock. With the OBX I averaged 214.2hp/230.9tq.

http://www.nissanx.net/gall/albun08/run456LQ

And the dyno comparison:

http://www.nissanx.net/gall/albun08/comparisonLQ

peak gain: hp/tq: 6.2@5300rpm/7.1@4300rpm
Old 11-14-2003, 07:54 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Nope thats completely stock. With the OBX I averaged 214.2hp/230.9tq.

So where's that dyno posted, if I might ask?
Old 11-14-2003, 07:54 PM

OK, I'm doing this to my Max as soon as my warranty expires.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:56 PM

Yeha once I am done with college around dec 12th I am gonna try to convince my wife that its going to "significantly improve gas mileage" if we get this mod. If there isnt a good dyno comparison yet there will be. If there is well then there will be one more for confirmation.

Edit: There really shouldnt be a problem with voiding the warantee should there? I would figure they wouldnt really know unless you had them look into the ECU. And even if you are worried most likely you could swap in your old ECU (assuming you got an extra) and they wouldnt know the difference right?

Oh and I got the link for you QS. Also you can get more indepth info by searching for my post using the keywords "Dyno" and "OBX".
Old 11-14-2003, 10:09 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Alright guys..... I drove down anmd I drove Krmaxima's car myself. I must say it pulled pretty nicely for a bone stock Max. I took it up to a little over 7100 Rpms and it was pulling like it had more left in it. I even scared Peter (krmaxima)....... We ran a few quick sprints against each other from 30 mph rolls or so.... We couldnt tell much from that. Im geting a baseline dyno for what I have right now tomorrow, and we will see what the dyno shows after I get the ECU.....
BTW, take it easy on Krmax....come on, he used his car as a donor for this mod.... he could have fukked up his Ecu if it didnt work. I know we all are a bit shell shocked from the Stillen headers fiasco.... but lets see how much we can squeeze out of this mod ! ....
Old 11-14-2003, 10:45 PM

thanks kloogy hope u get some nice numbers

F23A4 u dont have to wait because the dealer can not detect it. there is really no way to know except you and technosquare. well all i have to say is that i gained and all my friends seem to think that too. and remember the security problem is fixed just talked to TC today and they fixed it well i hope u guys go and get this i really think its worth the money unlike the stillen headers.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ferbs02SMMax
It appears the dyno was done on a standard bosch dyno, not a dynapack. He didn't allude to a previous dyno, where his car was bone stock. No baseline dyno to compare to sure stinks though : (

Only way to counteract this situation, and find out for sure, is to take it to the strip, this will tell you many things. Most VQ35 Auto Max's do 14.80-15.00 92-93 mph. If his car does significantly better in decent weather, you have an answer as to whether its a worthwhile mod.

Its been mentioned since 02-03 VQ35 Auto Maximas are doing 185-190 at the wheels, their result of 210 should yield a ~20-25whp diff.

And, he mentions it was bad weather, maybe too warm.

krmaxima, any mods before you threw the ts ecu back in ?? Or are you stock, other than the ecu ?
wait i thought the techno..ecu was only for 6 speeds??? am i right or am i wrong....thats what the website says...bare wit me...i dont know **** about this stuff.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:48 PM

also im not 100 percent for sure but my car seem to get more gas miles today after filling up and driving it hard i still had an average of 22.5 usually i get like 21 or high 20. Remember again i dont know if its the ecu or weather or what but im getting more mpg

no they have it for both 6 speeds and autos
Old 11-14-2003, 10:51 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Im going to do it hopefully by the end of the month....
Old 11-14-2003, 10:52 PM

kloogy i want u to come to tc with me and get it done next week hahaha i know u will love it
Old 11-15-2003, 12:27 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

You guys need to chill out..

i dont know what the big fuss is about. this is a community. Give the man credit for doing something you were too afraid to do in the first place. If there were more ppl like KR. Maxima community wouldnt be lacking in products and development of products.

Bosch dyno was used for tuning purposes. you want a dynojet. you'll get one soon enough. Bosch just is better for tuning and real world results.. Dynojet is not god. nor should it ever seen seen as the one and only way of reading HP gains.

If you have serious questions on this ECU or any ECU from technosquare.. let me know.

Cheston
chestonCchiu@hotmail.com
Old 11-15-2003, 12:33 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

.........Cheston !
I have ben told Stillen uses Dynojet.... I will get a number for my max 2morrow... and we shall get another one after ECU......you guys do need to give KR credit for what he did .
Old 11-16-2003, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Chebosto
You guys need to chill out..

i dont know what the big fuss is about. this is a community. Give the man credit for doing something you were too afraid to do in the first place. If there were more ppl like KR. Maxima community wouldnt be lacking in products and development of products.

Bosch dyno was used for tuning purposes. you want a dynojet. you'll get one soon enough. Bosch just is better for tuning and real world results.. Dynojet is not god. nor should it ever seen seen as the one and only way of reading HP gains.

If you have serious questions on this ECU or any ECU from technosquare.. let me know.

Cheston
chestonCchiu@hotmail.com
You guy really need to give credit to this guy,without guys like krmaxima,we wouldn't have much products to mods with.Even though I'm a 6 speeder,I still have to said THANK YOU krmaxima.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:24 AM

We ran a few quick sprints against each other from 30 mph rolls or so.... We couldnt tell much from that.

What mods do you have, Kloogy? I would think you would be able to tell quite a bit of difference unless you have some extra quickness. Or are you a 6-speed? That would help you out, too. But if you are both autos, I would have thought he would spank you with the new ecu.

KR, is there a track near you? I would love to see some times.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:10 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Yeha once I am done with college around dec 12th I am gonna try to convince my wife that its going to "significantly improve gas mileage" if we get this mod. If there isnt a good dyno comparison yet there will be. If there is well then there will be one more for confirmation.

Edit: There really shouldnt be a problem with voiding the warantee should there? I would figure they wouldnt really know unless you had them look into the ECU. And even if you are worried most likely you could swap in your old ECU (assuming you got an extra) and they wouldnt know the difference right?

Oh and I got the link for you QS. Also you can get more indepth info by searching for my post using the keywords "Dyno" and "OBX".

Thanks The search under your SN didn't reveal anything about OBX and dyno...

EDIT-- And as a sidenote, I have total faith that the TS ECU will be the key to unlocking the HP gremlins that we 3.5L Max owners seem to run into with great frequency...
Old 11-16-2003, 08:16 AM

No one is calling out krmaxima or saying which dyno is better than another. Given the fact Bosch & Mustang dyno's aren't readily available to every one and Dynojet's are it is easier to compare apple to apples numbers when a Dynojet is used.

What we are saying is that even with the Bosch dyno there are no before & after numbers to compare to. So if he gets a dyno done, which he says he's going to, then we can compare his numbers to what we know a stock car has on a Dynojet.

Many people have also said that we understand his enthusiasm but when asking for more info he kept referring back to numbers that are meaningless to us. We also understand that you can't always get all the data you want when doing these things, **** happens, but instead of just going back to those numbers he'd of said he knew the data wasn't the best and he'd try to get some better info in the future and update us a lot of banter could have been avoided.

Yes it's great that he or anyone is doing this for us and as someone who seems to be new to all of this he may not have understood the correct way to due comparisons but I think he gets the jist of it now

Also as a community everyone should remember not to be afraid to ask for cash to get Dyno's done for new mods. Many of us are willing to chip in a little get reliable info. 10,15,25 bucks adds up and is money well spent to find out if shelling out more money for something is worth it or not. Doing this helps us all just as much as some one like krmaxima going and getting this done in the 1st place.

Thanks of listening and I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:45 AM

Here you go QS

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....light=OBX+dyno

ROFL I didnt get any money for dynos when I asked for it, but then again the mod I was conducting a comparison on IS NO WHERE NEAR as high a profile as the Stillen Headers (3.5)

I have to agree QS the ECU could be the key to it all.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:20 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Here you go QS

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....light=OBX+dyno

ROFL I didnt get any money for dynos when I asked for it, but then again the mod I was conducting a comparison on IS NO WHERE NEAR as high a profile as the Stillen Headers (3.5)

I have to agree QS the ECU could be the key to it all.

Thanks...I now actually remember reading that when you originally posted it. Dunno why the hell my search didn't bring that post up...

Quick Reply: technosquare ECU!!!!! i got it done today