5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Road racing is not bad...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 08:08 AM

Road racing is not bad...

when you have no one around. I never road race in full traffic,or a congested area. The time i do it is when nobody is on the road or highway. And your right it is wrong, so i apoligize for my action and i'll try to watch my lead foot.

Sorry to all i offended, and happy motoring.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:14 AM
It's chrome alright...

so you smack into a tree and EMTs have to respond taking you away from saving people who matter (those who care about life)... and they have to live with the picture of your brain on the roadway... and other motorists have to see your blood/body/guts on the highway... and your family has to try to understand why beating that geo metro was worth your life... and anyone who loved/liked you has to live without you... you're right, it doesn't affect anyone else
Old 11-18-2003, 08:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

we're all victims of our own demons, can't say i havent been, sometimes we just feeling like DRIVING In fact over the weekend I had a couple kills myself I wont' go into details. All I'm gonna say is wrx, s500, pacific coast highway at midnight
Old 11-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Cletus

if you are racing someone else then it will affect other people.
here is a story for you....
buddy of mine was driving his modded civic and saw an eclipse pull up next to him. he inisiated the race and floored it. the eclipse was right next to him. then they go around a corner at about 100. by buddy has racing tires, etc so he was fine. he looked in his mirror and saw the eclipse start to lose control and fishtail. he looked again and the eclipse lost control and rolled about 5 times and ended up in some trees. he has to live with the fact that someone died cause he initiated a race. granted the eclipse made a choice to follow but he will always feel like **** about it.
think about that next time you wanna race. can you live with what happens?
Old 11-18-2003, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by 2k2wannabe
so you smack into a tree and EMTs have to respond taking you away from saving people who matter (those who care about life)... and they have to live with the picture of your brain on the roadway... and other motorists have to see your blood/body/guts on the highway... and your family has to try to understand why beating that geo metro was worth your life... and anyone who loved/liked you has to live without you... you're right, it doesn't affect anyone else

Your absoulutely right, like my friend said one time , when you think no one will miss you, there will always soemone that will miis your presence if your gone.

I never road raced alot in my 94 TTZ, i don't know whay i have a bug to do it in this car ?
Old 11-18-2003, 08:28 AM
92 SE-R 02 SE

Originally Posted by Rafe
Your absoulutely right, like my friend said one time , when you think no one will miss you, there will always soemone that will miis your presence if your gone.

I never road raced alot in my 94 TTZ, i don't know whay i have a bug to do it in this car ?
Road racing = on a closed course, you wear a helmet, and pay to enjoy to race your car in a SAFE environment.

Street Racing = Racing on the streets, with no regard for anyone’s safety and usually kills a lot of people.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Old 11-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by 92 SE-R 02 SE
Road racing = on a closed course, you wear a helmet, and pay to enjoy to race your car in a SAFE environment.

Street Racing = Racing on the streets, with no regard for anyone’s safety and usually kills a lot of people.

BIG DIFFERENCE.
and there is a BIG diffirence between street racing and just driving fast. everyone should know the diffirences so i wont go into them.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
and there is a BIG diffirence between street racing and just driving fast. everyone should know the diffirences so i wont go into them.
Hey driving fast can kill people too...Like when that fool side swiped me in his Ford explorer. Thank goodness i stayed in my lane or else his motor would have been in my back seat.

All from driving fast trying to get to work on time ,lost control instead and ended ccosting him more grief, pain, and money out his pocket.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Rafe
Hey driving fast can kill people too...Like when that fool side swiped me in his Ford explorer. Thank goodness i stayed in my lane or else his motor would have been in my back seat.

All from driving fast trying to get to work on time ,lost control instead and ended ccosting him more grief, pain, and money out his pocket.
ok sitting in one place COULD kill you too. the point is street racing is far more dangerous then just driving a little fast.