5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

A$$hole drivers lately...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 12:56 AM

A$$hole drivers lately...

I try to merge right to get onto the 5 freeway ramp lane but no cars would free up space to let me in. There is only one lane for the on-ramp and i've been driving slow with my blinker on for some time. Ultimately I near the ramp beginning and I drift myself over until im halfway into the lane with just barely enough room to fit inbetween the car in front and back. then the d@mn b!tch in the taurus behind tries to pass me while im already merging, she could have just braked and let me in but instead she floors it and tries to cut me off in a single lane ramp. Damn, I swear what is with some of these people.

Once the ramp merges onto the freeway she tries to pass me again only this time on the shoulder! What a psycho! I decide to be a **** and block her path. She then changes into the left lane and passes me, giving me the finger. I see her license plate is a handicap, bitter old hag must think she's fawking priviledged or something.

A similar incident just like this happened before at the same onramp. Only it was a younger blonde female but same b!tch attitude. These people think they own the fawking road...
Old 12-05-2003, 01:07 AM

That stuff happens to me all of the time. It's frustrating to say the least. This is why i drive as fast as I do. Just to stay ahead of the idiots that are on the roads. Sounds like an oxymoron, but it's better to stay ahead of them, than behind. I once had someone stop in the middle of a three lane highway for no reason. I was almost hit three times in about 5 seconds. I had nowhere to go. I couldn't get around the idiot either. Makes you wonder what kind of drugs these people take before they get on the road...
Old 12-05-2003, 05:34 AM

I can't stand non-courteous drivers and the fact that she has a handicap license plate makes it even worse to be an agressive driver!!
Old 12-05-2003, 05:43 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Well, the entire trying to pass you on the shoulder thing is a little crazy, but to a certain extent I do understand people who are reluctant to let others into their lane. For me, it usually falls under the "no good deed ever goes unpunished" rule, where I let someone in, and then end up regretting it because they happen to be the slowest thing on that highway. I try not to tailgate, but I do maintain enough of a distance where someone shouldn't be able to comfortably get in front of me.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by -Red-
Well, the entire trying to pass you on the shoulder thing is a little crazy, but to a certain extent I do understand people who are reluctant to let others into their lane. For me, it usually falls under the "no good deed ever goes unpunished" rule, where I let someone in, and then end up regretting it because they happen to be the slowest thing on that highway. I try not to tailgate, but I do maintain enough of a distance where someone shouldn't be able to comfortably get in front of me.
Yeah but if someone has their turn indicator on for 5 minutes trying to get in a lane then I just let them over b/c their not doing anything but causing more traffic overall.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:06 AM

Not sure what this has to do with 5th Gens but I will give my two cents worth about traffic. First of all, driving in traffic is give and take, patience is a must. I have learn after many years of driving on our states worst stretch of road that driving faster may put you in front of some idiots, but not all, eventually you catch more idiots. Driving slow only causes more idiots to catch and pass you. There is no solution guys and gals, just relax, crank some tunes, and enjoy the comforts of your Max. Rude drivers do make you long for those optional machine guns on the hood though!