5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

INSTALL FRONT CLEARS

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 10:20 AM

hey what did you people use to install ur clear lenses

i used a screw driver with a towel on the rear ones but got fustrated casue i couldnt get it out and i went crazy and bent my car and chipped one for the side marker clips
now thta i got my new fronts and dotn want to have the same problems what did you guys use ?????????????????????????

Old 02-27-2001, 10:29 AM

the fronts are much easier

Originally posted by rino_2kmax

i used a screw driver with a towel on the rear ones but got fustrated casue i couldnt get it out and i went crazy and bent my car and chipped one for the side marker clips
now thta i got my new fronts and dotn want to have the same problems what did you guys use ?????????????????????????

at least it was for me.. i know what you mean about the rears. i had the same thing happen. i chipped one of the rears too. look up the intstructions on how to replace the bulb in the owners manual. it shows the screwdriver w/ the cloth going from the rear of the light. it comes out much easier than the rear. pretty simple.

kafene.
Old 02-27-2001, 10:46 AM

All the ends of the sockets where the clear corners fit into are crushed in and chipped due to my sloppy install. I'm pretty mad about it, but what can I do?
Old 02-27-2001, 11:32 AM

Re: the fronts are much easier

at least it was for me.. i know what you mean about the rears. i had the same thing happen. i chipped one of the rears too. look up the intstructions on how to replace the bulb in the owners manual. it shows the screwdriver w/ the cloth going from the rear of the light. it comes out much easier than the rear. pretty simple.

kafene.
kafene is right - the fronts are way easier. I got the fronts off in about 30 seconds. Follow the manual like kafene said - they pop out so easily. I also chipped both my stock rears so I understand your frustration, but don't worry about the fronts.
Old 10-27-2001, 10:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: the fronts are much easier

Originally posted by blackY2Kmax

[I]

kafene is right - the fronts are way easier. I got the fronts off in about 30 seconds. Follow the manual like kafene said - they pop out so easily. I also chipped both my stock rears so I understand your frustration, but don't worry about the fronts.
i cant find my maxima manual anywhere. can some1 please help me out, i dont want to chip anything
Old 10-27-2001, 12:01 PM

See this

http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/clearinst.html
Old 10-27-2001, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by rino_2kmax

To get the rears out, put the screwdriver (with a towel) on the fatter part of the lense. Ok, to make that more clear, if you are on the driver's side, take the lense out from the left side. If you are on the passenger side, take it out from the right side. Hope that is clear.

Oh and it looks like that you have the rear clears judging from your sig pic
Old 10-27-2001, 03:30 PM

i just put mine in yesterday. i used a screwdriver and a towel. i folded the towel over, doubled it up, so there would be less a chance for a scratch or indent in the body. on the rears try to push a little more than pry. but be careful and steady. oh yeah, and be patient , it will come.
good luck!
Old 10-27-2001, 08:02 PM
jameszzz

try to push the marker toward the other end while working on the screw driver. That worked for me. By the way if you got your rear markers from autodynamics you don't have to worry about it when you want to take them out again cuz they are kinda loose after you put them on(just feel it, but it's no big deal).

W7