5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

***HEADS UP*** -- Condensation in Autodynamic.com's Front Clears

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 12:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I sent the following e-mail to Roger at Autodynamic.com:

"I regret to inform you that the right side (passenger's side) clear front bumper lens for my 2000 Nissan Maxima is gathering condensation. I purchased the clear front lenses from you on 7/22/01, Receipt Number 34995. I dropped by Autodynamic.com today and exchanged the defective lens. I'm hopeful that this is an isolated instance and that it does not represent a manufacturing defect affecting all of the clear front bumper lenses you have sold.

I'm posting this e-mail at Maxima.org to advise all those who have purchased clear front bumper lenses from Autodynamic.com to be on the lookout for condensation. If others report the problem as well, you may want to contact your manufacturer and advise them of the defect. You may also want to extend the term of your standard 30-day warranty period so that those who purchased defective lenses have an opportunity to exchange them when the replacement lenses arrive. (I assume you'd rather exchange defective lenses than issue refunds to everyone who complains about the condensation problem.)

I will, of course, keep a close eye on the replacement lens to see if it also gathers condensation."

You may contact Roger at webmaster@autodynamic.com.
Old 03-02-2001, 01:14 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

My front clears don't have condensation in them.
Old 03-02-2001, 01:45 PM

i didn't know we had this date yet..
7/22/01
Old 03-02-2001, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by yongjun
7/22/01
Right you are. It should read 2/22/01.
Old 03-02-2001, 02:06 PM

Originally posted by y2kse
7/22/01

i just thought you went to the future and got them and warped back
Old 03-02-2001, 02:24 PM

7/22/01

i just thought you went to the future and got them and warped back
This is highly a possibility... 88 mph is how fast you need to go to time travel (see <i>Back to the Furture</i>). Our maxes easily do this. I'm just wondering where you got the flux capacitor from... Cattman was out last I checked.
Old 03-02-2001, 02:47 PM

The 1.21 Jigawatt alternator will be a standard feature...

...with the 3.5l V-6!
Old 03-02-2001, 03:18 PM
John8620

no problems with my front and back bumpers

I see no problems with my front and back bumpers that I ordered from autodynamic.com. I washed my car many times and there doesn't seem to be any signs of condensation inside. If you were one of the unfortunate ones that got condensation inside their bumper lenses, make sure you installed it correctly before bothering them.

Old 03-02-2001, 04:33 PM

Re: no problems with my front and back bumpers

Originally posted by John8620
I see no problems with my front and back bumpers that I ordered from autodynamic.com. I washed my car many times and there doesn't seem to be any signs of condensation inside. If you were one of the unfortunate ones that got condensation inside their bumper lenses, make sure you installed it correctly before bothering them.
Thanks for your input, John. But proper installation has nothing to do with it. The lenses themselves are not adequately sealed from the manufacturer.
Old 03-02-2001, 05:04 PM
PKO

No problems yet, knock on wood. When I bought my front and rear clears from Auto Dynamic last month, I spoke to a guy (I think he was the boss) who said he never heard of a condensation problem. I know some of you have had problems with the rears so I was thinking either he didn't know about the problem or he was blowing me off to make a sale. I hope this company will stand by its products.
Old 03-02-2001, 05:12 PM

I get condensation in my fronts but mine are stock and i only get it in one of them i dont even care and your huge email is pretty excessive for 30 buck clears... but oh well
If i sound *****y its because i hear this stuff all day long at work.....
Adam
Old 03-02-2001, 05:24 PM

Originally posted by 2000MaximaSE
I get condensation in my fronts but mine are stock and i only get it in one of them i dont even care and your huge email is pretty excessive for 30 buck clears... but oh well
Adam
If I was acting only for myself, then I'd agree with your position, 2000MaximaSE. $30.00 is no big deal. But I didn't write the e-mail on behalf of myself only.

If you read PKO's post, you'll see that Autodynamic.com has no problem lying to their customers. They'll have a more difficult time doing so now.

The pen is mightier than the sword.
Old 03-02-2001, 06:59 PM
PKO

Adam
If I was acting only for myself, then I'd agree with your position, 2000MaximaSE. $30.00 is no big deal. But I didn't write the e-mail on behalf of myself only.

If you read PKO's post, you'll see that Autodynamic.com has no problem lying to their customers. They'll have a more difficult time doing so now.

I, for one, appreciate the e-mail. I agree that $30 may not be a big deal for one individual, but hundereds or thousands of customers at $30 is a big deal.
Old 03-02-2001, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by PKO
Adam

I, for one, appreciate the e-mail. I agree that $30 may not be a big deal for one individual, but hundereds or thousands of customers at $30 is a big deal.
PKO could you please post the thread where you discussed Autodynamic lying to you? Thanks.
Old 03-02-2001, 10:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

my front clears do not have condensation problems.
i just got my car washed today and had to make sure that either side had any problematic signs...since my rear clears do have condensation problem with it rains or when i take it to the car wash...hmmmm....hope my fronts are ok..
Old 03-03-2001, 12:01 AM
PKO

Originally posted by warrlocked
Originally posted by PKO
Adam

PKO could you please post the thread where you discussed Autodynamic lying to you? Thanks.
The post y2kse is describing is on this thread. I assume, from y2kse's comment, that someone had mentioned the condensation problem to Autodynamic.com before I purchased my clears.
Old 03-03-2001, 12:44 AM

condensation!?

Doh! I just ordered my clears a couple nights ago...hope they're ok.. Anyways I for one DO appreciate the e-mail on behalf of us. It's cool that we can use our power as a car club to leverage better customer service and product quality for all.