5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

met a nice mitsu guy and one meany tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 08:04 PM

I went to fill up my gas tonight and when I was finished paying I come out and see a late model bright red Eclipse V6 automatic on the other lane. I start up the car and follow it in the other lane until we come up to a red light. We were side by side and when I looked over to see if it was a hot girl, I see a guy but I see him looking at me and revs alittle. I rev alittle and put the car in ghetto manual mode. We punch it and I squeel my tires through 4,500rpms. No one gains. I glance down and see that I am at about 6,300rpms and I shift into 2nd. I hit the dang limiter and he gains alittle. The front of my car is at his A-pillars and I see that I'm now at 6,400rpms and I shift into 3rd and bump the limiter. He gains again and now my front is at his B-pillars. We stop at the next red light and he tells me to pull into the Mcdonnalds parking lot. I follow him and we chat. We both say good race and I asked what model his was. He said GT. He asked if mine was a stick? I go no. I asked him why he asked. He says he saw the car jerk. I said I bumped the rev limiter ghetto shifting. He says that sucks. I asked him if he was stick. He says auto. He asked what I did to make my car that fast. I said I have nothing done to the engine. I asked him if he did anything. He says nope, I haven't got time to do any mods yet. I sit in his car. It was really sweet! We split and I head towards subway . After subway, I see the Eclipse still cruising and I give alittle flash and honk. He does the same. At the red light, there was a green Dodge shadow with gold rims. I do half throttle and he floors his car squeeling his tires. He slows down next to my cars speed and I look over and laugh. I downshift to 1st and punch it and he floors it. I hit the dang limiter again!!! ARGHHH!!! I downshift to 2nd and I smacked him by 3 car lengths at 55mph. At the next light. I wanted some more because Its addicting!! I rev it and so does he. We punch it and I peel my tires through 1st gear. I was in the slippery lane. He gets a head start and I see him looking back to see where I was. I come up to near his rear and I look down to see my rpm's at 6,300rpms and I shift into 2nd. I hit the limiter but I still gain and I peel alittle in 2nd gear. I pass him and about 70mph I was 2-2/2 car lengths ahead. At the next light his buddy on the passenger side rolls down his window and I slightly do. He yells out *fill in racist name* and flicks me off. I race for fun. They musta took it seriously. That Mitsu guy, Ken, was nice and I hope we can do mods together. BTW I HATE THE OVERLY CONSERVATIVE REV LIMITER!!!!!!!!!!

I sure do wish the Eclipse driver was a girl though..
Old 03-08-2001, 08:06 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

You're going to break your car if you keep doing that... you know what I'm talking about.
Old 03-08-2001, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
You're going to break your car if you keep doing that... you know what I'm talking about.
<start communication>....dfh;asjdfkajklfjaklsdjklasdjfkla jsPERVkajkfjdkajfdkja;fldjklajkfasjkdlfjkakajdfkaj dfajskdfjkljdiATiisjdfkajsdkfajlksdfj3:00djakfjd;j kfdjakdadjflajk....<end communication>
Old 03-08-2001, 10:33 PM
RBa

Just make sure you brake it b4 the warranty ends!!!
Old 03-09-2001, 05:07 AM

if u consistently hit the rev limiter will u break something? what is it taht is actually stopping the car from accelerating? ye it really does suck... i wish i could move the limiter like even 300 rpm... just so i have taht little room... i only hit it twice but one time i forgot to shift and the car jerked like 10 times... i thought the engine fell out.. hehe... so if someone can explain to me how it works that would be cool...
Old 03-09-2001, 05:08 AM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by RBa
Just make sure you brake it b4 the warranty ends!!!
hehehehhehe but that may not work either. The ECU stores information like Max RPM and max speed your car ever hit. The dealer can probably look this up and see that you have been a bad boy....
Old 03-09-2001, 06:12 AM

Originally posted by psing23
if u consistently hit the rev limiter will u break something? what is it taht is actually stopping the car from accelerating? ye it really does suck... i wish i could move the limiter like even 300 rpm... just so i have taht little room... i only hit it twice but one time i forgot to shift and the car jerked like 10 times... i thought the engine fell out.. hehe... so if someone can explain to me how it works that would be cool...
It cuts off fuel for a split second. Mine only makes a huge BANG if I don't hold down the accelerator touching the limiter. If I have my foot on the floor, You just feel a slight loss of power than it regains it self again. I don't think it will harm your engine since your not in the red zone.
Old 03-12-2001, 01:11 PM

REV LIMITER

ok, i kinda know wat the rev limiter is but i can't grasp the concept of it and wat it is exactly, can someone fully or further explain to me wat it is...thanx. btw, for the max, when will the rev limiter kick in?
Old 03-12-2001, 01:59 PM

When your ECU detects RPMs above 6300, it sends a signal to 3 out of your 6 injectors saying "NO MORE".
Old 03-13-2001, 07:20 AM

Re: REV LIMITER

I hit mine all the time it seems to varie from 6,300 to 6,500 rpms though. I hate it cuz I know the car has a little more. I don't think its screws anything up or does it??? Does anyone know if JWT has a chip for the 5th gen yet?
Old 03-13-2001, 07:21 AM

Re: REV LIMITER

I hit mine all the time, it seems to vary from 6,300 to 6,500 rpms though. I hate it cuz I know the car has a little more. I don't think its screws anything up or does it??? Does anyone know if JWT has a chip for the 5th gen yet?
Old 03-13-2001, 08:24 AM

Re: Re: REV LIMITER

hey how did that get on there twice......hmmmmmm.....?