5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Pull over by a cop at 100MPH on a local street!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 04:22 AM
maxima2000

one hour ago, it is 4:00am , i was in Franis Lewis Blvd, queens, new york.
i was pull by a cop when i was racing with that damn car!
at the red light, the nissan NX 200 <--its that right? (the little car, they stop making it now)rev his engine and try to race me, but what the hell, it just a small car? i have at least 222 hp..but anyway, at the other red light, i was gonna smoke his ***. when green, i didn't floor it, i let him go and i follow his ***. so i floor it and pass him and cut him back.
and we are up to 100mph!! and going,(cuz the light is green) that nx 200 isn't that bad, he can follow me, after i passed the Northern Blvd, i slow down, and let him pass, and the NX hit on the emergency button, i said WTF, he makes a U turn and then i follow him. After U turn, COP!! a cop in my back and flashing!! that's is F**KED
and the NX makes a turn immediately, and he gone~~~

The cop pull me over, he told me to shut off the engine, open the driver side window, put my both hand out of the window, drop the key on the floor..<---what did i do?? rob the bank? he comes up and told me i had driven over 100MPH.
you will go to jail, the car will be towed and become the city, u never can get it back...!!!!!!! i am like..WHAT??
he told me to show him the 3 basic stuff.
also i show him a NYPD captain's Endowment Association card, and he said who gave u that, and i show him a personal card from my friend, who is a Deputy Inspector.....(sometimes it helps and no tickets i got caught cuz red light and stop sign)after he saw that, and said that couldn't help too...damn...in my brain..this is my 30k thousand car. He said i never get that bad?? i am not sure isn't it true? or he just scare me...??
damn he got my key, my hand is outside the window. the cop in his car, and i called him out again and explain to him, i said that black car used high beam flashing behind me, and threw garbage to me(make up story), and i am on the way to home from McDonald (there is a 24hr around northern blvd)
and i told the cop i didn't have any speed tickets before!
and he said no bull **** and u r racing with him!
just relax and wait for the towing car..!!!!! ****...this time is [diu na sing]
when the cop came back the second time, i told him again, i am not racing with that guys!! this time he has my stuff,
and he gave me back! and said i don't wanna see you again in this street!!!!!
damn, what a relive!!!!!! he didn't even give me a speeding ticket!!!!nothing!!!!! and i drive home like a old lady..
thanks god!!!
i think the card save my ***...!!!
tonight...that's scare my ***!!
^^!

Old 03-10-2001, 06:12 AM

taught you a lesson! Da hell are you doing on the roads at that time?
Old 03-10-2001, 06:41 AM

I believe there was some talk of taking cars away in NY for drunk driving... but not for speeding...

Besides, if you're going over 100mph, and get pulled over, you are going to jail... FAST... and it'll be public transportation for you for a LONG TIME!!!! You got lucky as hell that he let you go... Cuz he caught you doing over 100mph apparently in city.. (speed limit 35/45mph ??)

You do realize that had he started to write that ticket, you would've been f**k*d....

-Tom

PS... drive sensibly!!!

Originally posted by maxima2000
at the red light, the nissan NX 200 <--its that right? (the little car, they stop making it now)rev his engine and try to race me, but what the hell, it just a small car? i have at least 222 hp..but anyway, at the other red light, i was gonna smoke his ***. when green, i didn't floor it, i let him go and i follow his ***. so i floor it and pass him and cut him back.
and we are up to 100mph!! and going,(cuz the light is green) that nx 200 isn't that bad, he can follow me, after i passed the Northern Blvd, i slow down, and let him pass, and the NX hit on the emergency button, i said WTF, he makes a U turn and then i follow him. After U turn, COP!! a cop in my back and flashing!! that's is F**KED

The cop pull me over, he told me to shut off the engine, open the driver side window, put my both hand out of the window, drop the key on the floor..<---what did i do?? rob the bank? he comes up and told me i had driven over 100MPH.
you will go to jail, the car will be towed and become the city, u never can get it back...!!!!!!! i am like..WHAT??
also i show him a NYPD captain's Endowment Association card, and he said who gave u that, and i show him a personal card from my friend, who is a Deputy Inspector.....(sometimes it helps and no tickets i got caught cuz red light and stop sign)after he saw that, and said that couldn't help too...damn...in my brain..this is my 30k thousand car. He said i never get that bad?? i am not sure isn't it true? or he just scare me...??
damn he got my key, my hand is outside the window. the cop in his car, and i called him out again and explain to him, i said that black car used high beam flashing behind me, and threw garbage to me(make up story), and i am on the way to home from McDonald (there is a 24hr around northern blvd)
when the cop came back the second time, i told him again, i am not racing with that guys!! this time he has my stuff,
damn, what a relive!!!!!! he didn't even give me a speeding ticket!!!!nothing!!!!! and i drive home like a old lady..
thanks god!!!
^^!
Old 03-10-2001, 06:52 AM

It's not worth it!

Man, I hope that situation was a serious lesson to you. I learned my lesson the hard way a few years ago and there were no authorities involved. I spun my Honda Civic out doing some nonsense like that. Talk about scared beyond belief! Thank goodness I didn't hit anything.

Oh yeah, there was an Editorial in Super Street magazine, no matter how much the other guy tries to provoke you, don't do it. Save it for the track or let him go on his way. You can still have fun with your ride and live your life.

Just my two cents.
Old 03-10-2001, 09:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

one cool cop

Dude,

You are damn lucky.

That is one COOL *** cop.

I hope you were counting all those lucky stars in that pre-dawn sky that all had your lucky-*** name on 'em!!!

/aac
Old 03-10-2001, 09:32 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Yeah sometimes its hard

not to burn some ricey car but its not worth it. They might have impounded your car but you could have gotten it back$$$. It sounds strange though that the cop went after you and not the other car ussually i see them go after the more flashy ones ( not that your max doesnt look hot but ive seen the cops pull over a hooked up little *** CRX and let the keep going.)<--- does that make sense or am i just rambling.Mabey he led you down that block and he was an undercover? (conspiracy?)hmm. but its good to get a card. I have a detectives badge from my dads friend. But if the cop wants to be a jerk then either way its not really gonna help. My uncle is a NYC cop and they gave him a speeding ticket in Suffolk County right by his house so you kinda have to weight your pride of destroying some rice mobile vs. cost of the tickect then how much your insurance will go up and plus points on your license. and if its 60mph over the limit you can automaticaly lose your license. The city is a bad place to but anywhere @ that time cops dont have much to do but wait for someone.
Old 03-10-2001, 09:44 AM

Re: Yeah sometimes its hard

You gotta watch out with that badge tho... cuz if you flash it, and the cop doesn't buy it, he can arrest you just for that...

(i'm sure that this would involve quite a bit of jail time if you were found guilty...)

Originally posted by N34JZ
not to burn some ricey car but its not worth it. They might have impounded your car but you could have gotten it back$$$. It sounds strange though that the cop went after you and not the other car ussually i see them go after the more flashy ones ( not that your max doesnt look hot but ive seen the cops pull over a hooked up little *** CRX and let the keep going.)<--- does that make sense or am i just rambling.Mabey he led you down that block and he was an undercover? (conspiracy?)hmm. but its good to get a card. I have a detectives badge from my dads friend. But if the cop wants to be a jerk then either way its not really gonna help. My uncle is a NYC cop and they gave him a speeding ticket in Suffolk County right by his house so you kinda have to weight your pride of destroying some rice mobile vs. cost of the tickect then how much your insurance will go up and plus points on your license. and if its 60mph over the limit you can automaticaly lose your license. The city is a bad place to but anywhere @ that time cops dont have much to do but wait for someone.
Old 03-10-2001, 11:39 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

no thats not true

he could arrest me if I was impersonating a police officer but i tell them where i got it from and its not the badge your thinking of its a smaller one more like a pin type of thing. i was given detailed instructions on how / when t use it by the Detective that gave it to me. But i can see what your saying if you act stupid with it then yes you could get into trouble.
Old 03-10-2001, 12:37 PM
imax95

it's Juliani time now

They've gone nuts in NYC now.
They will take your car drunk driving no warnings.
For reckless driving that includes double of the speed limit, and like weaiving 3 times in and out of traffic or something like that.
So be careful in NYC. Driving 100 on Francis Lewis is hmmm a little over the line even at 3am.

Old 03-10-2001, 12:58 PM

card?

haha... where can i get one of those badboys?... mang... after 2 tickets (4 citations total) within 2 months, <i>i'd</i> like to know where to get one of those "get out of jail" cards... heheh... (don' worry, i don't go that fast anymore...)

wowww.... 100mph in the city?.... crazy mess....
Old 03-10-2001, 01:02 PM

Re: it's Juliani time now

I thought it was just drunk driving which got your car taken away.... Are you sure that reckless driving is included in the list.. (cuz reckless driving is a rather subjective thing... whereas driving drunk is a clearcut situation.. A Breathalyzer or a blood test does NOT lie) ???

-Tom Z.

Originally posted by imax95
They've gone nuts in NYC now.
They will take your car drunk driving no warnings.
For reckless driving that includes double of the speed limit, and like weaiving 3 times in and out of traffic or something like that.
So be careful in NYC. Driving 100 on Francis Lewis is hmmm a little over the line even at 3am.
Old 03-10-2001, 04:45 PM

Maybe he was looking at the kilometer section of the spedo?
Old 03-10-2001, 04:46 PM
maxima2000

i am not BS!

hey, yo_its_ok, u think i make up this store..hmm...why would i do that? for fun? for money? i just share my unlucky night...
last night, i was going toward LIE on Franny lew, when i hit over 100mph!i passed under the LIRR. Go through 2 green traffic lights and toward northern Blvd. but when i hit Northern Blvd, i felt my car bounce off the ground...feel like it! i really scare i was out of control. so i release the gas after i passed Northern. And that NX, in front of me about 3 to 4 legth, he put on the emergency lights in front of me until i went near his ***, and then he u turn so i follow, after then the cop was behind me!
but don't know why the cop won't give me any tickets! maybe the cards save me, and i did tell the cop that i have clean record on my license! and the car is stock, nothing on it, not tint yet...
he told me never come back to Franny Lew again, he has my name and address in the record!!
this is a good experience...!!!
yo_its_ok, i really not lying, u can try that too, but i told you, my car bounce in the air!!<---just feel like it
u live in queens too? maybe i can see you sometimes on the street...but not in Franny Lew...lol
bring me to some cops free area!! <----- *_*
^^!

Old 03-10-2001, 05:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

dude ... what's with your grammer?

were u drunk when u posted this? it's all over the place!?!?

n e ways ... that was pretty stupid ... @ the very least u should've received a hefty fine ...

thanks god!!!
^^!
Old 03-10-2001, 06:05 PM

My take on the story...

My girlfriend lives a block off of Franny Lew so I go there all the time.

Must have hit your head too many time on the ceiling from driving into the many dips and potholes... All that jiggling around must made you think you were going 100 mph when you were really going 10. Heh heh heh heh...

I'm with yo_its_ok... this story was produced from the bowels of a bull...
Old 03-10-2001, 06:10 PM

Not out of dis-respect, or anything, Maxima2000, but I would have to agree with most of what yo_its_ok said....

By my estimates/calculations, it would take a 5th gen auto maxima roughly 263 meters (862 ft) to get up to 100 mph from a standstill... Even though I am not familiar with the area, you have to admit that is kind of far to WOT in the circumstances described.... And chances are that the lights are in fact patterned to prevent the very thing you claim to have done... (ie.. the lights are prolly timed so that it's nearly impossible for you to get all green, even tho I doubt that anyone made those timing calculations with respect to a car racing along @ 100 mph...)

Besides, I don't know if any sane cop would let you go for speeding @ 100 mph... (which was easily more than double the speed limit in that area)

In either case, you are still one VERY lucky SOB!!! :-)

-Tom Z.

PS... DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!! EVER.....

[Edited by tomz17 on 03-10-2001 at 08:14 PM]
Old 03-10-2001, 07:22 PM
Wustylez

Originally posted by yo_its_ok
Case in Point, an incident that is forever etched in my mind as well as anyone who was on Franny Lew in 1998.
Viper GTS vs a Motorcycle, 120mph in front of A&P(Now known as Waldbaums.) Owner of the Viper...Worked in Social Security Building, located in Flushing. IMMEDIATE CONFISCATION OF CAR, heavy fine, and jail time.
100mph in a 30mph zone ?
It's a RESIDENTIAL STREET, WHAT ARE YOU A MORON ?
Judging from the way you construct your paragraphs, you just might be.
NOTE: To anyone who takes offense to my badgering of this guy, I appologize if it seems that way, but the story does seem far-fetched. Especially if you've been on the section of Franny Lew, the guy is talking about.

-100kph
Hey, Yo_it's okay you have HID on your 2k max, can you post some pictures, so i know what it looks like, i am thinking doing the same thing.

What kind of HID kit did you get? PHilips with D2R lightbulbs???with osram bulbs or philips bulbs...

Thanks
Tim

Old 03-10-2001, 09:27 PM
maxima2000

ok...

it's over...no more argument...
ok...i didn't say that i drove all the way 100mph from the light to the end. everyone starts from 0mph.
the light before the LIRR is the start point, ok? clear?
and then i drove until i hit 100mph and passed Northern Blvd. i can say, THE TOP SPEED IS 100MPH and not 100KPH.
i don't know why the cop didn't get me any tickets, but do u see anyone got pull over, shut the enginee off, throw the key to the floor, two hand out of the window? i never have this experience! maybe i have a clear record, maybe that is a one year old car, so he let me go.
yo_its_ok, i never race any maxima no 5th gen or 4th gen.
so the maxs u mention about that isn't me. i am not #1,2,3 ro 4........
oh yeah, i am a newbabe, so? yes i am a newbabe of this forums but does that mean i am a new driver? i am 24 yrs old and i drive since i am 16. i race since i know how to drive. And i am not those 0-60 racers, that's no skill at all...only striaght road. about the poles...yo_its_ok,u likes ride on those poles? i don't, so i am on the left lane. i know the right lane has lots of poles there.--->>> "the one under the LIRR tressle is a hard dip at 40mph"<<<--- hard dip at 40mph? yo_its_ok, and i know your driving skill now. what about if i can do it better then 40mph? like 50mph? or 60mph? i know the street, i know where are the poles...but anyway
i said i didn't BS, ok? u don't believe it, that's fine. i did't ask u to believe me. i just share my experience with other people in this forum, cuz we are all maxima family.
and plz don't pick on me, yo_its_ok
peace!

Old 03-10-2001, 09:52 PM

Man .. it's painful to read your posts!!!

Sorry 2 pick on u ... but it's gibberish! It's frustrating & annoying 2 read ... don't worry ... I won't read / post 2 this thread n e more ... I admit that my posts are not very constructive either ...

it's over...no more argument...
ok...i didn't say that i drove all the way 100mph from the light to the end. everyone starts from 0mph.
the light before the LIRR is the start point, ok? clear?
and then i drove until i hit 100mph and passed Northern Blvd. i can say, THE TOP SPEED IS 100MPH and not 100KPH.
i don't know why the cop didn't get me any tickets, but do u see anyone got pull over, shut the enginee off, throw the key to the floor, two hand out of the window? i never have this experience! maybe i have a clear record, maybe that is a one year old car, so he let me go.
yo_its_ok, i never race any maxima no 5th gen or 4th gen.
so the maxs u mention about that isn't me. i am not #1,2,3 ro 4........
oh yeah, i am a newbabe, so? yes i am a newbabe of this forums but does that mean i am a new driver? i am 24 yrs old and i drive since i am 16. i race since i know how to drive. And i am not those 0-60 racers, that's no skill at all...only striaght road. about the poles...yo_its_ok,u likes ride on those poles? i don't, so i am on the left lane. i know the right lane has lots of poles there.--->>> "the one under the LIRR tressle is a hard dip at 40mph"<<<--- hard dip at 40mph? yo_its_ok, and i know your driving skill now. what about if i can do it better then 40mph? like 50mph? or 60mph? i know the street, i know where are the poles...but anyway
i said i didn't BS, ok? u don't believe it, that's fine. i did't ask u to believe me. i just share my experience with other people in this forum, cuz we are all maxima family.
and plz don't pick on me, yo_its_ok
peace!
Old 03-10-2001, 10:39 PM

damn man--that is some scary s**t. I got one up on you i think. A few months ago i was driving my friends 2000 Trans Am 6 speed, and i have got my whole crew in the car and tom says (owner of the car) "let her rip" so i hit the gas, row through the gears and before you know it i am going 145 and a deer steps out onto rt78 right in front of me. TALK ABOUT SCARED!! i just turned the wheel a hair to the left and we grazed the deer with the front right of the car. Luckily the trans am is all plastic and it didn't even scratch it. the deer wasnt so lucky, oh well.

01 se sterling mist/frost 5 speed loaded.
Old 03-11-2001, 05:21 AM

Why post this shiet?

It just show's how fu#king stupid & mindless u r ... you destroyed a life ... you show a complete disregard for that animals life ... I think that a trashing of your friends car that u were driving would've been a very good lesson 4 u ...

Originally posted by maxse01
damn man--that is some scary s**t. I got one up on you i think. A few months ago i was driving my friends 2000 Trans Am 6 speed, and i have got my whole crew in the car and tom says (owner of the car) "let her rip" so i hit the gas, row through the gears and before you know it i am going 145 and a deer steps out onto rt78 right in front of me. TALK ABOUT SCARED!! i just turned the wheel a hair to the left and we grazed the deer with the front right of the car. Luckily the trans am is all plastic and it didn't even scratch it. the deer wasnt so lucky, oh well.

Old 03-11-2001, 08:43 AM

Rt 78 in NJ??? (cuz i know that further north, there are a lot of deer!!!)

Damn, you're lucky as hell, cuz if you hit that deer @ 145 mph, there's a good chance you and your friends would not have survived... (pull out a calculator, and figure out the force exerted on your car due to a xxx pound deer @ 145 mph!!!) Hope this is a lesson to you... 78 is a beautiful road at night, there are stretches where you can get 145mph easily!! Drive sensibly!!

-Tom

PS... did you eat it?

Originally posted by maxse01

Old 03-11-2001, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by tomz17

PS... did you eat it?
[/I]
[/I][/QUOTE]

They should've been forced 2 ... RAW! ****ing loser!
Old 03-11-2001, 08:48 PM

Dude, I hope you're seriously not THAT pissed off because the deer died.... I find it much more disturbing that the lives of human beings were risked.... (besides, I hear they have deer population problems up there anyway :-)

-Tom

Originally posted by ohboiya
[/I]

They should've been forced 2 ... RAW! ****ing loser!
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-12-2001, 06:45 AM

THANKS TOMZ17--

Most people don't realize that we have a deer population 8 times what it should be here in somerset county. I did what i could to miss it, but i was not going to jerk the wheel of a 3600 pound (American) muscle car at 145 MPH just to miss a stupid deer. Anyways, thanks man
Old 03-12-2001, 06:47 AM

At least at 4 in the morning you will only kill yourself and the idiot you're racing.
Try taking a writing class, your illeterate writing makes you look like a school dropout!
Old 03-12-2001, 07:09 AM

A deer through you windshield at 145=you AND the deer dying. I see crap like this all of the time. And BTW, there is now a spell check, so there is no longer a reason to read illiterate posts.
Old 03-12-2001, 08:46 AM

Mike 777 - you spelled illiterate incorrectly. Ironic, isn't it?

Take it easy folks - sounds to me like English isn't his first language, and it happens to be one of the most difficult to learn. If you want to condemn him for something, stick to the fact that he put an unknown number of lives at risk by driving like a damn fool, 100 mph or not. If we don't drive responsibly, cops are going to target Maximas the same way they do rice-powered Civics.
Old 03-15-2001, 10:28 AM

I had an experience like this in Atlanta. I was on Peachtree Drive or street whatever, I pull up to a light with a 240SX, and an Accord, and me in me old 92 Max. The light turns green and we all floor it, again it is 3:00am and we are in a 35 zone in downtown ATL on Nopi weekend. We got up to about 100mph or so before the 240 and I slow down and about that time a cop flies by us and caught the Accord, well the accord blocked the right lane,(3lane road) and the cop blocked the other two lanes, and got out and forced me and the 240 over. rolled down my window and the cop says and I quote "Licence, registration and your f**king keys!!" So I gave them to him. he told us to get out of the car and stand on the side of the street, and proceeded to give all three of us tickets for Reckless Driving, Reckless endangerment, speeding, and drag racing. and said that are cars are being towed. I don't live in ATL and this is 3 in the morning and me and two of my friends and 3 guys in the accord and 2 guys in the 240 are all standing on the side of the road without cars needing to go to the police station to get a impound notice to go get our cars back. We all chipped in to get a cab to go there, and the cab driver was on crack or something cause he almost killed all of us. Called my buddy, that had decided to stay at the hotel when we left, around 5:30AM and walked up the street to meet him. Then drove to get my car out of the impound for $100. Then went to the hotel slept for 2 hours and then went to the sunday half of the nopi nationals. Then got to go home and tell me father what I did. If he would have had a gun he would have shot me. I had went to ATL for a car show almost got arrested and had to go back there for court to, according to the officer, get me lincense taken away till I was 27. I got a lawyer went to court about 4 or 5 months later, and all I got was a speeding ticket for 55 into 35. Also got to keep my license.
Old 03-15-2001, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by GTRBlkMax97
I had an experience like this in Atlanta. I was on Peachtree Drive or street whatever, I pull up to a light with a 240SX, and an Accord, and me in me old 92 Max. The light turns green and we all floor it, again it is 3:00am and we are in a 35 zone in downtown ATL on Nopi weekend. We got up to about 100mph or so before the 240 and I slow down and about that time a cop flies by us and caught the Accord, well the accord blocked the right lane,(3lane road) and the cop blocked the other two lanes, and got out and forced me and the 240 over. rolled down my window and the cop says and I quote "Licence, registration and your f**king keys!!" So I gave them to him. he told us to get out of the car and stand on the side of the street, and proceeded to give all three of us tickets for Reckless Driving, Reckless endangerment, speeding, and drag racing. and said that are cars are being towed. I don't live in ATL and this is 3 in the morning and me and two of my friends and 3 guys in the accord and 2 guys in the 240 are all standing on the side of the road without cars needing to go to the police station to get a impound notice to go get our cars back. We all chipped in to get a cab to go there, and the cab driver was on crack or something cause he almost killed all of us. Called my buddy, that had decided to stay at the hotel when we left, around 5:30AM and walked up the street to meet him. Then drove to get my car out of the impound for $100. Then went to the hotel slept for 2 hours and then went to the sunday half of the nopi nationals. Then got to go home and tell me father what I did. If he would have had a gun he would have shot me. I had went to ATL for a car show almost got arrested and had to go back there for court to, according to the officer, get me lincense taken away till I was 27. I got a lawyer went to court about 4 or 5 months later, and all I got was a speeding ticket for 55 into 35. Also got to keep my license.
Man you are soooo lucky.
Old 03-15-2001, 11:10 AM

It would be interresting to take the time to cross-reference the people who post about their irresponsible street racing antics with all of the people who post complaining about their insurance rates. Would like to see how many matches there are.
Old 03-15-2001, 11:51 AM

It's encouraging that most responses to this post, and other "racing" posts are negative toward these irresponsible drivers. They like to brag about their experience but they don't realize that they've come close to killing, just not themselves, but innocent people who could have been driving or walking on the same street. We need to speak for these innocents.

I don't want to get a visit from the police someday to tell me that my wife and kids coming home from MacDonalds were wiped out by some stupid, arrogant jerk in a Maxima.
Old 03-15-2001, 12:10 PM

Agreed... the streets are dangerous enough as it is, cuz half the people in NJ can't drive... (present company excluded, of course :-)

Hell, a good quarter of THOSE people can't even WALK in a straight line !!!

The amount of times per week I "almost" get into an accident is mind-boggling.... And don't even get me started about weather, cuz it seems like people lose any and all ability to drive with even the slightest drizzle.... PANDEMONIUM!!!

Driving is already BY FAR the most dangerous thing we do on a daily basis... Don't make it more lethal than it has to be by racing on residential streets!!

Drive safely.... Even the best of us (i'm thinking about a particular NASCAR incident), can lose control over a 3k lb. car, and at 100+ mph, there is almost never a second chance....

-Tom

PS... sorry about the OT rant... I had a good reason... 'nuff said...
Old 03-15-2001, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by yo_its_ok

Whoa that's pretty "deep." Its a possibility the way society is going down the drain when it comes to driving on the street. Too many maniacs on the road no matter where you live.

-Makes you Think...
I agree that there are bad drivers everywhere and there's little that can be done. But to the very small degree that members of this forum can exert some influence on other young members, we should not encourage street racing among us. I'm a hopeless optimist -- Our disapproval could save a life some day.
Old 03-15-2001, 01:12 PM

I liked the line that someone posted about how easily, "Killed an Accord" can turn into, "Killed a minivan and the seven people inside."
Yes, I have a hopped up car, but I get my enjoyment and satisfaction from the looks and comments I get on it and knowing that when there is some idiot next to me on the road that he is only in front of me because I'm letting him. If you can't bring it to an autocross to race me, then I have nothing to prove to you.
Old 03-15-2001, 01:25 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

yo_its_ok

check your PM
Old 03-15-2001, 02:58 PM
My 4DSC

correction

Originally posted by tomz17

By my estimates/calculations, it would take a 5th gen auto maxima roughly 263 meters (862 ft) to get up to 100 mph from a standstill...
your estimates/calculations are wrong...
considering that a 5th gen auto max runs the 1/4 mile in high 15's at about 90 mph it would not take 862 ft to reach 100 mph...it would take *over* 1320 feet (1/4 mi)...
so probably more like 1500-1600 feet to hit 100mph from a standstill...

PS: his story is a complete fabrication anyway...
so who really cares?

Old 03-15-2001, 06:37 PM

Originally posted by GTRBlkMax97

You are damn lucky.

And yes, cab drivers in Atlanta SUCK.

/aac
Old 03-15-2001, 08:29 PM

Re: correction

Actually you are obviously correct.... damn, i'm feeling stupid for not thinking to use the 1/4 mile speeds....

(i used the time it would take to get up to 100 mph [found somewhere on this board], to estimate the distance...

something obviously went wrong... perhaps that 0-100 mph time i got was really off, or i simply pushed a wrong number somewhere on my calculator...

-Tom

PS... my revised estimate is that it would take him eleventy billion feet to get up 100 mph... cuz eleventy billion is my favorite number....

Originally posted by My 4DSC

your estimates/calculations are wrong...
considering that a 5th gen auto max runs the 1/4 mile in high 15's at about 90 mph it would not take 862 ft to reach 100 mph...it would take *over* 1320 feet (1/4 mi)...
so probably more like 1500-1600 feet to hit 100mph from a standstill...

PS: his story is a complete fabrication anyway...
so who really cares?
Old 03-15-2001, 08:43 PM

Dangerous

thanks god!!!
^^!
Me no like to race on street. Track opens soon.

2001 AE MAX SE
Sterling Mist
Stock

Quick Reply: Pull over by a cop at 100MPH on a local street!!