5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Whitch O2 Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 08:46 AM
MCE
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Whitch O2 Sensor?

Help please, my SES light came on and pulled the code P0138. My repair manual says this is a "Downstream O2 Sensor Max Voltage Monitor Fault". On the threads I found there is a TSB-NTBO2-051a. It says to change both rear O2 sensors and reprogram the ECM. The car still performs OK. I was wondering what I could do next?

Thanks MCE
Old 02-23-2004, 09:41 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by MCE
Help please, my SES light came on and pulled the code P0138. My repair manual says this is a "Downstream O2 Sensor Max Voltage Monitor Fault". On the threads I found there is a TSB-NTBO2-051a. It says to change both rear O2 sensors and reprogram the ECM. The car still performs OK. I was wondering what I could do next?

Thanks MCE
how many miles do you have on it and do you have an extended warranty?
Old 02-23-2004, 09:53 AM
MCE

Whitch O2 Sensor

Originally Posted by sloppymax
how many miles do you have on it and do you have an extended warranty?

I have 30K and no extended warranty.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:01 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by MCE
I have 30K and no extended warranty.
the tsb for the O2 sensor replacement is good for 3yr/36k. assuming you are under the 3 year then you should be good. i had 38k on mine when i got P0140 and they replaced two sensors and flashed the ecu per the tsb under my extended warranty. i would call and make an appt.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:06 AM
MCE

the tsb for the O2 sensor replacement is good for 3yr/36k. assuming you are under the 3 year then you should be good. i had 38k on mine when i got P0140 and they replaced two sensors and flashed the ecu per the tsb under my extended warranty. i would call and make an appt.

Thanks sloppymax but I'm timed out on the warranty. Whitch sensors do i have to change cause it looks like I'll be doing the work.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:52 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by MCE
Thanks sloppymax but I'm timed out on the warranty. Whitch sensors do i have to change cause it looks like I'll be doing the work.
i will try to find the link to the tsb. it shows the exact location of each sensor and the nissan part number for the replacement. you may want to check buyoxygensensors.com for good prices and free shipping. its on my home computer so ill put it up unless someone beats me to it.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:30 PM
MCE

i will try to find the link to the tsb. it shows the exact location of each sensor and the nissan part number for the replacement. you may want to check buyoxygensensors.com for good prices and free shipping. its on my home computer so ill put it up unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks, I'll be looking out for it.

MCE
Old 02-24-2004, 04:57 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

here is the site you can get it in pdf.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:06 AM
MCE

here is the site you can get it in pdf.

Thanks for the help.

MCE
Old 02-24-2004, 07:34 AM

Here is some more help for you...

Main Entry: which
Pronunciation: 'hwich, 'wich
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, of what kind, which, from Old English hwilc; akin to Old High German wilIh of what kind, which, Old English hwA who, gelIk like -- more at WHO, LIKE
1 : being what one or ones out of a group -- used as an interrogative <which tie should I wear> <kept a record of which employees took their vacations in July>
2 : WHICHEVER <it will not fit, turn it which way you like>
3 -- used as a function word to introduce a nonrestrictive relative clause and to modify a noun in that clause and to refer together with that noun to a word or word group in a preceding clause or to an entire preceding clause or sentence or longer unit of discourse <in German, which language might... have been the medium of transmission -- Thomas Pyles> <that this city is a rebellious city...: for which cause was this city destroyed -- Ezra 4:15 (Authorized Version)>

Main Entry: witch
Pronunciation: 'wich
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English wicche, from Old English wicca, masculine, wizard & wicce, feminine, witch; akin to Middle High German wicken to bewitch, Old English wigle divination, and perhaps to Old High German wIh holy -- more at VICTIM
1 : one that is credited with usually malignant supernatural powers; especially : a woman practicing usually black witchcraft often with the aid of a devil or familiar : SORCERESS -- compare WARLOCK
2 : an ugly old woman : HAG
3 : a charming or alluring girl or woman
4 : a practitioner of Wicca
5 : WITCH OF AGNESI

WHITCH is not a word...
Old 02-24-2004, 09:54 AM
MCE

Originally Posted by husker_max
Here is some more help for you...

Main Entry: which
Pronunciation: 'hwich, 'wich
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, of what kind, which, from Old English hwilc; akin to Old High German wilIh of what kind, which, Old English hwA who, gelIk like -- more at WHO, LIKE
1 : being what one or ones out of a group -- used as an interrogative <which tie should I wear> <kept a record of which employees took their vacations in July>
2 : WHICHEVER <it will not fit, turn it which way you like>
3 -- used as a function word to introduce a nonrestrictive relative clause and to modify a noun in that clause and to refer together with that noun to a word or word group in a preceding clause or to an entire preceding clause or sentence or longer unit of discourse <in German, which language might... have been the medium of transmission -- Thomas Pyles> <that this city is a rebellious city...: for which cause was this city destroyed -- Ezra 4:15 (Authorized Version)>

Main Entry: witch
Pronunciation: 'wich
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English wicche, from Old English wicca, masculine, wizard & wicce, feminine, witch; akin to Middle High German wicken to bewitch, Old English wigle divination, and perhaps to Old High German wIh holy -- more at VICTIM
1 : one that is credited with usually malignant supernatural powers; especially : a woman practicing usually black witchcraft often with the aid of a devil or familiar : SORCERESS -- compare WARLOCK
2 : an ugly old woman : HAG
3 : a charming or alluring girl or woman
4 : a practitioner of Wicca
5 : WITCH OF AGNESI

WHITCH is not a word...
Thanks for the english lesson.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:54 AM

Forgive me...I just noticed your from Canada...I am sure we have many words that are not in your dictionary also...