5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Fricken Mudflaps and off-white maximas!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 06:36 PM

Irvine knows what i'm talking about when i say...

My maxima is not the same white as others!!

I got my mudflaps (pre-painted, of course) from Dave B and popped em open...saw that they were a bit whiter than my maxima (probably the same colour as irvine's max)...and screwed them on the car...and they're the same colour as my rims but are too white compared to the car!! fricken!

So, does anyone have a white maxima, lowered, with BLACK mudflaps...i'm tempted to paint my mudflaps black and be done with it.

I'm gonna drive around with them on for a few days to see if the sun can dull the colour out and to see what it looks like in the bright sunlight. Eh...
Old 03-12-2001, 06:40 PM

sun should dull it out...who cares if your car colors off? still looks nice...but i understand how you feel...its a feeling only the owners of the car feel
Old 03-12-2001, 09:11 PM

I was thinking about getting the pre-painted ones, but now that you told me that, I'm having second thoughts. I saw the ones the mdeal has on his car, and even those look a little lighter than the car itself. But then again it could be the lighting. I have an black splash guards on mine, but I don't have pictures up yet and my car isn't lowered. I was looking at my pics, and I don't really have pics that you can really see the guards really well, you can only see them on the body part of the car, and not really hanging down. Let me know if you want pics, and I can email them to you.
Old 03-13-2001, 01:35 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SCCA Solo2
Irvine knows what i'm talking about when i say...

My maxima is not the same white as others!!

I got my mudflaps (pre-painted, of course) from Dave B and popped em open...saw that they were a bit whiter than my maxima (probably the same colour as irvine's max)...and screwed them on the car...and they're the same colour as my rims but are too white compared to the car!! fricken!

So, does anyone have a white maxima, lowered, with BLACK mudflaps...i'm tempted to paint my mudflaps black and be done with it.

I'm gonna drive around with them on for a few days to see if the sun can dull the colour out and to see what it looks like in the bright sunlight. Eh...
uh...wasn't ur car more close to the 4th gen white then my car? i thought mine was more pearl-ish than yours...
Old 03-13-2001, 05:40 AM

I will have to say the splash guards on my car are a tad lighter than the body, as the picture shows. I wasn't quite sure myself because it was starting to get dark outside when I took the picture. Maybe they do need to weather a bit. The splash guards match the rims more than the body. I'm keeping mine on. I think they still look better than black (IMHO).
Old 03-13-2001, 07:22 AM

Yeah, my maxima is more of a dull white...whereas the mudflaps are like notebook paper white. They stand out, but, I'm gonna see what happens over the next few days in sunlight. Otherwise, i'm painting them black, and waiting till i have enough paintchips so i can repaint my car electron blue or white again.

I'm indifferent on the mudflaps mod. Unless you do what Irvine did (taking to a place to have them painted)...it may not be worth it...