5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

H-Tech & S-Tech

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 05:43 PM

H-Tech & S-Tech

To anyone who have Tein Springs,
Could someone be kind enough to post the numbers that are stamped onto the springs itself(H-tech or S-tech). I ask because I just installed
my "H-tech" springs and was surprised at the amount of drop it turned out to be...they looked as though they were S-Techs. I just want to make sure cuz I want to get what I paid for. I will get pics out soon.

Here is the number that is stamped onto the front spring: F-P7P20-OUO-DAC
Could someone please confirm for me. Thanks.

Btw, I went to Teins website and the model #'s they post on there aren't stamped onto the springs.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:45 PM
CCx

Aren't H-Tech's brown and S-Tech's green?

I'd check on mine but I'm upstairs in bed and they're down in the basement in the box - if someone doesn't get you the info by tomorrow I'll grab it.

Excited to see some pics!
Old 02-25-2004, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by CCx
Aren't H-Tech's brown and S-Tech's green?

I'd check on mine but I'm upstairs in bed and they're down in the basement in the box - if someone doesn't get you the info by tomorrow I'll grab it.

Excited to see some pics!
Really? Mine were actually like a dull gold color.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:49 PM
CCx

Yea, that's what I meant....I haven't opened the box yet, just going on what they looked like online....light brown, dull gold, burnt siena, goldenrod, etc...but yea, those are the H-Tech's - how's the ride?
Old 02-25-2004, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by CCx
Yea, that's what I meant....I haven't opened the box yet, just going on what they looked like online....light brown, dull gold, burnt siena, goldenrod, etc...but yea, those are the H-Tech's - how's the ride?
Here is a link to the pics...just created a cardomain account. Hope this works.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/534644

My initial impression of the ride quality is excellent. Def. a night and day diff. but nothing annoying. This is why I asked for the model #'s cuz I thought my ride quality went down the drain as soon as I saw the ride height after install. Right now I have my fronts set to 2 and the rears to 3 and so far so good. A tad stiffer than stock and love it. I will post my final reviews and better pics of this combo when I am done playing the with the different settings and letting the setup settle in...until then...
Old 02-25-2004, 06:58 PM
CCx

Very nice!!! I'm eagerly awaiting the spring to put my Illumina/H-Tech combo on myself -- definitely post back after they've settled and you've experimented with the settings, I'd be interested to hear what you think!