5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Check Engine Soon light

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 05:42 AM
Stev02

Check Engine Soon light

This thing is getting annoying. The first time it happend ( almost a year ago) I brought it to AutoZone and got the codes pulled. It was the O2 Sensor. Ok no biggie. So I just let the light go off on it's own. Now, since then, it's went on about 3 other times, and then it goes away. It just popped on this morning and I'm assuming again it's the O2 sensor.

My question is, does anyone know if there is a way to get this anooying light OFF! And is it always my O2 sensor? Grrrrr. Thanks.

Old 02-26-2004, 07:52 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by Stev02
This thing is getting annoying. The first time it happend ( almost a year ago) I brought it to AutoZone and got the codes pulled. It was the O2 Sensor. Ok no biggie. So I just let the light go off on it's own. Now, since then, it's went on about 3 other times, and then it goes away. It just popped on this morning and I'm assuming again it's the O2 sensor.

My question is, does anyone know if there is a way to get this anooying light OFF! And is it always my O2 sensor? Grrrrr. Thanks.
a cel is not always the 02 sensor but if you never fixed it from the first time, then i would tend to think it is the 02 sensor. have the code pulled again and pay some to repar/replace the part and they should be able to reset the light after the repair. if you want to tackle and spend a little money up front, you could do what myself and many have here have done by buying a obd2 software program/tester and fix it yourself.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:50 AM
Stev02

Thanks.

Old 02-26-2004, 12:51 PM

My SES light came on about 2 days ago and I brought the car into the dealer today and found out it was Oxygen sensor that need to be replaced.

The only symptom when the light came on was, the fuel economy drop a LOT, I mean i could almost see the fuel gauge drop from 3/4 tank of premium gas to 1/4 in 2 days of about 60miles of local roads.

They saw I have a Injen Intake and Greddy Catback, and said if this was the cause of the problem I would have to pay $90 Diagnostic fee and plus whatever part that needs to be replaced and labor. I said fine.

So, I will go back in 2~3 days waiting for the part to arrive at the dealer, here's what they'll do UNDER Warrenty:

Replace BOTH Oxygen Sensor
Reprogram ECM Per OCE P1147 ( I think its the famous ECU Update)
Old 02-26-2004, 01:29 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by nismotech
My SES light came on about 2 days ago and I brought the car into the dealer today and found out it was Oxygen sensor that need to be replaced.

The only symptom when the light came on was, the fuel economy drop a LOT, I mean i could almost see the fuel gauge drop from 3/4 tank of premium gas to 1/4 in 2 days of about 60miles of local roads.

They saw I have a Injen Intake and Greddy Catback, and said if this was the cause of the problem I would have to pay $90 Diagnostic fee and plus whatever part that needs to be replaced and labor. I said fine.

So, I will go back in 2~3 days waiting for the part to arrive at the dealer, here's what they'll do UNDER Warrenty:

Replace BOTH Oxygen Sensor
Reprogram ECM Per OCE P1147 ( I think its the famous ECU Update)
i had the same thing about 2 weeks ago. my code was P0140 so i had 2 O2s replaced along with the ecu flash. since i was at 40k, it was covered under an extended warranty and they did not mention anything about my mods.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:40 PM

Must be nice...I have a call into Nissan Corp. and they are contacting my dealership. They are trying to charge me to flash my ECU after the SES light came on and I pulled the P0430 code (catalytic converter). Showed them the TSB and everything. They told me the ECU and Catalytic coverter were not covered under warranty. They STILL didn't believe me when I showed her the EPA infomation about the federally mandated 8yr/80,000 mile warranty. GOT TO LOVE IT!