5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone selling Oxygen Sensors at decent price??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Anyone selling Oxygen Sensors at decent price??

…Just called 2 Nissan Dealers and they want between $155 to $165 per sensor and it doesn't matter which one…front or rear.

I need three…that's what I've been told, before my Tag Date in April because the "Check Engine Light" is on.

Anyone know of any alternative places other than the dealer??

…by the way it's for a 2001 Maxima SE an I'm in Atlanta, GA.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:59 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by code•maxx
…Just called 2 Nissan Dealers and they want between $155 to $165 per sensor and it doesn't matter which one…front or rear.

I need three…that's what I've been told, before my Tag Date in April because the "Check Engine Light" is on.

there is a tsb for the 02 sensor replacements. it only calls for 2 in cali spec which yours has to be since its a 2k1. check out oxygensensors.com for free shipping, good prices and bosch which i believe is OEM. check here for a copy of the tsb so you know which locations to replace.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

two words (not quite):

Dave B

Got one (rear) a week ago for my 2000 max for $69 shipped. Dave's the man!
Old 02-26-2004, 04:58 PM

What was the code? It would be very unusual to loose three O2 sensors at once. Either you're getting some bad advice or something else is wrong which is causing them to fail prematurely. If you really have three bad sensors, at least one of them would have to be an upstream sensor and you'd be having some drivability issues. If you're not, remove your battery cable for a few hours. That will reset the light and it's possible it may not come back on. But let's say it did take a few days to come back on and you happen to know when you're bring in your car for
the emissions inspection...
Old 02-28-2004, 05:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DanL
What was the code? It would be very unusual to loose three O2 sensors at once. Either you're getting some bad advice or something else is wrong which is causing them to fail prematurely. If you really have three bad sensors, at least one of them would have to be an upstream sensor and you'd be having some drivability issues. If you're not, remove your battery cable for a few hours. That will reset the light and it's possible it may not come back on. But let's say it did take a few days to come back on and you happen to know when you're bring in your car for
the emissions inspection...

Thanks Sloppymax & DanL for the input…

The code was PO158 & PO159 when the nissan dealer ran a check on it around thanksgiving. They wanted $510.00 to install w/ parts. I know I can Prolly beat that price somehow.

I think I will go out this morning an disconnect the battery like use guys mention for a couple of hours, then get it inspected this afternoon to see if I can squeak by. I have to get the parts on their still but that would save me a few $$$ this month.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:17 PM

Thanks Sloppymax & DanL for the input…

The code was PO158 & PO159 when the nissan dealer ran a check on it around thanksgiving. They wanted $510.00 to install w/ parts. I know I can Prolly beat that price somehow.

I think I will go out this morning an disconnect the battery like use guys mention for a couple of hours, then get it inspected this afternoon to see if I can squeak by. I have to get the parts on their still but that would save me a few $$$ this month.
$510 is ridiculous -- you're being ripped off. You have a single O2 sensor throwing both codes. It's the downstream O2 sensor on Bank 2 (HO2S2-B2). That sensor is on the top of the exhaust pipe coming off the front manifold. You can buy the part and replace it yourself without too much difficulty. See the Cali spec diagram (figure 3) at the following URL
Old 02-28-2004, 07:48 PM

O2 Sensor

I've had me SES light on for a while. The code is P0171 and they told me it was Bank 1. I'm guessing its the O2 Sensor but I don't know which one? Can anyone help me out? And where can I get one and how hard is it to replace?
Old 02-28-2004, 08:29 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by bobby.cim
I've had me SES light on for a while. The code is P0171 and they told me it was Bank 1. I'm guessing its the O2 Sensor but I don't know which one? Can anyone help me out? And where can I get one and how hard is it to replace?
i have code P0171 as fuel injection system lean (right bank). i would assume you have a sticking or failing injector therefore it is running lean due to lack of fuel. i guess an upstream oxygen sensor could also be the culprite since it determines the air/fuel ration except at wide open throttle.