5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just got my third ticket in 14 months!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 05:49 PM

Just got my third ticket in 14 months!

Cops just don't like my black Max with legally blacked out back windows, I guess. WILL NOT leave me with just a warning.

I don't drive any faster than I did in my 99 supercharged Regal. Same commute. No tickets in that car in 98000 miles (it was even red!) - now I got 3 speeding tickets in 42000 in my Max.

That's what I miss about that Regal - total stealth. The Maxima? NOT!!!

Just wanted to vent....
Old 03-06-2004, 06:15 PM

Cool cars get profiled more i guess- try to stay behind a leader car, let them get a ticket and not you. Good luck w the FUZ...
Old 03-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Reported

how fast have you been going?
Old 03-06-2004, 07:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Maybe you might want to slow down so you DON'T get tickets.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by MacAlert
Maybe you might want to slow down so you DON'T get tickets.

71 in a 55 was the last ticket.

My point is that some cars get tickets more than others, regardless of how fast you drive. It's totttally subjective.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:47 PM

Oh, and that 71 was passing someone on a two lane. I was passing!! I mean come on...

I'm thinking about going to court and challeging this one. As soon as I got back into my lane I let it coast back down to 60 for at least 1 mile before I was pulled over. The guy I passed was doing about 40! I was the number two car in a train of at least a dozen. I was in this train for about 10 miles waiting to be able to pass. When I saw my opportunity, I took it!

The cop must have been car #13....
Old 03-06-2004, 08:00 PM
twist

yea, lots of car here in miami seen to attract cops alot. for instance my black max. cops always tag me to see if the car is stolen. im doing the speed limit, not cutting off cars, using turn signals and still cops pick on me.

Old 03-06-2004, 08:01 PM

That is why I bought a Sterling Mist.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by twist
yea, lots of car here in miami seen to attract cops alot. for instance my black max. cops always tag me to see if the car is stolen. im doing the speed limit, not cutting off cars, using turn signals and still cops pick on me.

Exactly what I'm talking about!

It doesn't matter what I say, they already got their mind made up to ticket me. I think the blacked out windows have a lot to do with it. Those just seem really irritate them. I saw this last guy in my mirror walk up real slow, far away from the car with his hand on his holster! I only got em to save me from the 110 degree heat out here.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:07 PM

have u ever been to court to challenge a ticket?

and how many points do u have..?

check out this thread:

[link]http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=291633[/link]

edit: it's pretty evident i dont know how to post links...just copy and paste i guess
Old 03-06-2004, 08:19 PM
U wanna try me young boy?

You are not allowed to exceed the speed limit to pass someone on a two-lane road.

Not saying I don't do it - just saying don't make that the cornerstone of your defense...
Old 03-06-2004, 08:21 PM

yeah, as the above post mentions, i dont think it would make sense.

if the person in front of you was indeed going slower than the speed limit, all u needed to do was the speed limit to pass him/her. of course, there might have been only a limited amount of distance to compltete the pass, thus, the need to speed, but the judge may see otherwise.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by KashThaRipper
yeah, as the above post mentions, i dont think it would make sense.

if the person in front of you was indeed going slower than the speed limit, all u needed to do was the speed limit to pass him/her. of course, there might have been only a limited amount of distance to compltete the pass, thus, the need to speed, but the judge may see otherwise.
Hey waren't you the one talking about how you got a two tickets in like three months.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by imxelite
Hey waren't you the one talking about how you got a two tickets in like three months.

yeah i got two tickets 9 weeks apart, but both of them there was no one on the road except for me (the second ticket had 1 person on the road who was also speeding)
Old 03-06-2004, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by 6spmax
That is why I bought a Sterling Mist.
I second this!

I have had my max almost 3 yrs/82000miles and I think that because my car is very "common looking" I don't get pulled over that often. I want to tint my car but won't because I know I'll get picked on more! I had a black 99 S10 Xtreme before my max and I was pulled over soo many times for no reasons.... One time the cop said "I think you tail lights are illegal" (you think or you know??) when I had clear tail lights.

I just think if your car stands out then cops notice it more than the common cars on the road.

Good luck with the ticket!
Old 03-06-2004, 09:57 PM

I Had This Prob Too

i got 2 tickets within 4weeks apart how does that make you feel? the first ticket i was driving back from atlantic city doing about 85 ina 65 cop reduced it to 83 i think it was...i challenged it went to court and got it down to 75 with only two points and to that point it was almost 2 years that i haven't received a ticket. Now Febuary 28 i was in Scotch plains jersey. I was coming upon a hill and my freakin radar detecter went off right when i saw him and it was already too late i was doing 53 ina 35 says the cop at 1:00 A.M !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was also coming upon a light to slow down. I come to a complete stop then make a right turn cop follows for about 10 seconds then flashes me. I then think man im screwed, i hope to god i don't get anything i try to be nice and nope he issued me a freakin ticket...i was so ****ed i just gAVE him a dirty look and drove away without saying anything. Now i get notices in the mail from attorney's offering assistance and i have to pay $150.00 surcharge now...GOD DAMNIT!!!! and it shows i have 8points from the ATLANTIC CITY ticket plus the points in SCOTCH PLAINS thats 12 points there...GOD DAMNIT...now today i had to hire a attorney which wacked me with $650.00 for his service plus court fee's...JUST HAD TO LET THIS ALL OUT CUZ IM SO FREAKIN ****ED ABOUT IT....JUST BEEN A BADDDD MONTH............
Old 03-06-2004, 10:16 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

All you gotta do is slow down.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:47 AM

Just to clarify and to beat a dead horse some more-- I don't condone "excessive displays of speed", "street racing" or "reckless driving". My point remains that some cars get pulled over and ticketed much more than others. My Max is not lowered, not spoilered, no tricked out rims, no modded exhaust, no radar detector, no flames painted down the side, etc. Just black and legally tinted by the Nissan dealer.

I actually got a new car (Mazda Protege 5 wagon, Silver) for Christmas and drive that now. The Max is my wife's car now. I was just driving the Max for the first time since Christmas and Bingo! a ticket. When I came home and told her of my ticket, she confessed that she had gotten a ticket two weeks earlier!

God forbid I should win a Ferrari in Vegas - I wouldn't dare drive it one tick over 55. I'd take the cash instead for only that reason!

Anyway, who would buy a 225-255 horsepower car and then never never ever drive over the speed limit at any time? I mean really, what's the point of buying such a car?
Old 03-07-2004, 01:48 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Roll your windows down if you get pulled over. If the Police can't see inside the car when they're approaching it, they will surely have their hand on their holster. Also, if they're down, it tells them you have nothing to hide.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:37 AM

Get a white Corolla with hubcaps. That should save you
Old 03-07-2004, 04:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by totttalled
Cops just don't like my black Max with legally blacked out back windows, I guess. WILL NOT leave me with just a warning.

I don't drive any faster than I did in my 99 supercharged Regal. Same commute. No tickets in that car in 98000 miles (it was even red!) - now I got 3 speeding tickets in 42000 in my Max.

That's what I miss about that Regal - total stealth. The Maxima? NOT!!!

Just wanted to vent....
Might want to invest in a Valentine radar detector, might help some.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:04 AM

There's no point in complaining about cops profiling certain vehicles. You don't drive a minivan because they're for soccer moms. Cops know that as well, just as they recognize that certain cars are marketed towards more aggressive drivers.

I guess getting a minivan and being "stealthy" is the solution. In the meantime, stop speeding and I guarantee the "profiling" will slow way down.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:21 AM
350 Detroit Muscle

Originally Posted by Cesar
Might want to invest in a Valentine radar detector, might help some.
Radar detector don't help much around here. They usually pull the trigger when they see you. By then, you are too late.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:44 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by totttalled
Just to clarify and to beat a dead horse some more-- I don't condone "excessive displays of speed", "street racing" or "reckless driving". My point remains that some cars get pulled over and ticketed much more than others. My Max is not lowered, not spoilered, no tricked out rims, no modded exhaust, no radar detector, no flames painted down the side, etc. Just black and legally tinted by the Nissan dealer.

I actually got a new car (Mazda Protege 5 wagon, Silver) for Christmas and drive that now. The Max is my wife's car now. I was just driving the Max for the first time since Christmas and Bingo! a ticket. When I came home and told her of my ticket, she confessed that she had gotten a ticket two weeks earlier!

God forbid I should win a Ferrari in Vegas - I wouldn't dare drive it one tick over 55. I'd take the cash instead for only that reason!

Anyway, who would buy a 225-255 horsepower car and then never never ever drive over the speed limit at any time? I mean really, what's the point of buying such a car?

I got news for you pal...every car produced can exceed the speed limit here in America. It's a choice to speed, and if you're going more than 10 over in a good looking/sporty looking car, you're most likely going to get pulled over. End of line...
Old 03-07-2004, 06:59 AM

in 11 years i have never got a ticket has nothing to do with car. my last car was a red convertible rx7 before that it was a 1965 vw bug, 62 chevy corvair just have to pick your spots to speed and be a little lucky BTW i drive an 18 wheeler for a living i drive about 3000 miles a week. good luck