5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan service humor...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 02:14 PM
trey

Nissan service humor...

So I brought my to the dealer to get my recall done. After checking my mileage and vin ect. the service guy who is not new by the way asked me if My max has a V6 or a four cylinder????

are u kidding me?? I told him don't all maxes come with a V6? He goes oh yeah, your right, I then proceeded to tell him that i'm glad he's not working on my car, he just laughed. How are you a service manager and not know that?

Old 03-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ha!! Please step away from the car...
Old 03-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Reported

thats more scary then funny. thats a sign to take your car to a different dealer.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:32 PM
wants the ads to die

Yeah, thats sort of sad. When my dad took his car to the dealer, he went to pick it up after they said they were done (took 45 mins). He gets in the car and notices the SES light was still on, so he asked if they even did anything, they assured him, they said they just forgot to reset the ecu. They said they would need the car for another 3 hours to get that done.... So he's taking it to another dealer tomorrow to see if they even did the work, and if so to get the light to go off.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:42 PM

Wow, so much for Nissan Technical training and still don't know what's under the hood. We, car saavy, probably are smarter than those dolts.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:37 PM

I would answer "it is a V12 brother" loooool
Old 03-09-2004, 05:48 PM
maximum_rpm_nyc

I'm so ashamed right now, I should go down to that dealership, and smack him upside his own head.
Even w/ VIN # JN1DA31********** Thats a Maxima, 1N4AL or DL Altima 4cyl or 6 cyl or Maxima 6cyl.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:13 PM
The Definitive AE Master

haha... i went to the dealer and they asked me if my 5spd was custom since maximas don't come with manuals... ?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

SHIFT_retardation
Old 03-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

hahahha lol
wow, some of these people really shouldnt be working for nissan.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:33 PM

yo greekmaxima..your maxima does look like a v12. its pretty crazy looking. Can you say BRABUS v12 4 lyfe?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by FusionAcid
yo greekmaxima..your maxima does look like a v12. its pretty crazy looking. Can you say BRABUS v12 4 lyfe?
Can you say photoshop?
Old 03-10-2004, 12:33 AM

its just a photoshop man... it looks hot tho!!! I wish i had it...
Old 03-10-2004, 12:48 AM

at that point, id ask for my keys back and do a reverse burnout on their shiny floors.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:39 AM

i was at my local dealer the other day and asked the salesman if he had seen the new skyline, his only reply.... "whats a skyline"
needless to say i left
Old 03-10-2004, 05:48 AM

Stupid>>>

he's just asking to be bi*ch slapped
Old 03-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Maxima Pilot

Originally Posted by Larrio
haha... i went to the dealer and they asked me if my 5spd was custom since maximas don't come with manuals... ?!?!?!?!?!?
When I returned to PR in 1997 after my two year inpat assignment in Oregon and took my almost-new SE 5-speed with me, everyone at the dealer went gaga over it the first time I took it there for some warranty work because the Nissan distributor in PR only imports slushboxes....

I had the same questions...'how much did it cost you to do THAT?' and all that...

Old 03-10-2004, 06:09 AM

Man, reading all these posts makes me feel better about my encouter... When I went to go get my hesitation TSB done there were a couple of things that were weird.

1. "we dont have the TSB on record so it doesnt exist"
- I pulled out the paper and ***** slapped them with the info.
2. "Is that a Sentra or an Altima?"
- I told them I dont remember what I bought"

and another thing was I spent the day before detailing my maxima, 6 hours worth, washed, waxed, and clean.....
when i get it back from the dealer, the car was washed by them and it had water spots all over!!!!!!

Right then and there I wanted to shoot the hoe who washed my car.. then real bad!!

Stupid nissan dealership!

Originally Posted by trey
So I brought my to the dealer to get my recall done. After checking my mileage and vin ect. the service guy who is not new by the way asked me if My max has a V6 or a four cylinder????

are u kidding me?? I told him don't all maxes come with a V6? He goes oh yeah, your right, I then proceeded to tell him that i'm glad he's not working on my car, he just laughed. How are you a service manager and not know that?
Old 03-10-2004, 06:44 AM
Maxima Pilot

While these dealer horror stories make us laugh...lemme share the story of this Nissan Murano customer that brought his car into the dealership..

Now, before u ask, I was not there for any work -although I have always given my dealer's service dept high marks- but just because I was buying some touch-up paint and just ambled over to the service dept to say hi to everyone

This guy comes in with a new Murano on a tow truck -tranny gone and leaking oil al over the place- and he starts telling this story about oil changes and all that.......

Turns out he was trying to change his own oil but he drained the tranny instead without knowing it, went to put in the new engine oil and of course overfilled it by five quarts, realized what he did and drained the engine oil back to normal and took the remaining engine oil and put it in the tranny because he thought it was the same oil.....

His son was helping him the whole time, the duo was promptly named Dumb and Dumber by the service mgr...
Old 03-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally Posted by Galo
...His son was helping him the whole time, the duo was promptly named Dumb and Dumber by the service mgr...

LMFAO LMFAO
Old 03-10-2004, 07:42 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by housecor
ha!! Please step away from the car...
FYI: your is one of the cleanest Maximas I've ever seen. I love the color combo, the clears, & the drop.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:47 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by Galo
When I returned to PR in 1997 after my two year inpat assignment in Oregon and took my almost-new SE 5-speed with me, everyone at the dealer went gaga over it the first time I took it there for some warranty work because the Nissan distributor in PR only imports slushboxes....

I had the same questions...'how much did it cost you to do THAT?' and all that...

You had a special prototype!

This thread is cracking me up!
Old 03-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Maxima Pilot

Originally Posted by CoolMax

You had a special prototype!
ROTFLMAO
Old 03-10-2004, 10:27 AM

The day I went to pick up my car at the dealer, the salesman took my car for 'detailing' which was next door. Anyway, I watched him through the window try to engage my car in reverse. He kept getting into 6th gear. He didn't know that he had to lift the toggle under the gear shift. Everytime he tried-- I had the urge to run outside to explain it to him before he screwed up my tranny. Finally after several excrutiating attempts, he realized that he was on an incline and let the car roll out and drove next door. The guy sold me something he couldn't even put into gear; I couldn't believe it.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:38 AM
F---ing Kangaroos

Originally Posted by trey

What dealership was this? I don't live far from you and I dont ever want to go to that dealership.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:05 AM
I Miss My Maxima

Between working in shops at dealerships, sales, and my own car, I get to see a lot of funny stuff! Some highlights for you to enjoy...sometimes it's not just the annoying stupid questions. The stuff that goes on behind the scenes can be far more funny (or scary?)

- Watching a service advisor drive my freshly repainted Camaro at about 5-10 MPH into a big red Snap-on toolbox whose top section proceeded to fall on the hood and ruin it(this wasn't funny at the time, though...grin...neither was the Geo Metro I got as a rental!)

- A newbie tech getting in an older 5sp Jeep Wrangler, that was parked in his bay, and turning on the key -- not realising it was in 1st gear, the ebrake wasn't set, there was no clutch interlock, and the key was ALREADY ON -- thus driving the Jeep forward straight into another tech's brand new $6000 Matco roller.

- A tech replacing a transmission on a 4x4 Jeep Grand Cherokee had left the transfer case in neutral, bolted in new tranny, went for a smoke. Jeep rolled forward and hit a parts washer, the key board, and his own toolbox.

- A salesman backing a new Maxima up with 2 customers inside for a test drive...and hitting the car behind him, which was being walked in front of by a lady from the service dept. who got pinned in between! Fortunately she was not hurt badly!

- A technician doing a transmission service/pan gasket while customer was waiting, and watching via the shop window...as the tech sprayed brake cleaner on the hot exhaust manifold to clean up spilled ATF, and caught the customer's Jeep on fire briefly.

- Another fire story: a technician removing a throttle body + intake manifold from a Durango and using brake cleaner to clean it out over his METAL oil drain pan...static charge built up in the aerosol can...can touched metal oil drain pan.
Resulting static spark ignited fuel from intake, which ignited brake cleaner + oil in oil pan...which splashed out onto the tech's toolbox as he kicked pan away in a panic. BTW -- This is the same tech with the transmission one I mentioned above.

- A newbie service advisor spending 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get a VW New Beetle into reverse, with the customer watching.

- A tech backing a Dodge Ram truck off the alignment rack backed the right rear wheel completely off the ramp and the truck fell down and got stuck on the rack. Took 3 guys with jacks and a lot of grunt to lift it back up onto the rack.

- at least 8 separate occasions of customers picking up vehicles after tire rotations or brake jobs and having wheel(s) fall off, including one time occurrence to our General Manager in his demo Merc ML320, while he was doing 75 down I-20! Also a Dakota where both rear wheels fell off driving out of the service dept!

And two from my friend Amber (who happens to be the lady who got pinned between the two cars!) : A tech replacing a motor in an older VW Jetta at the VW shop where she worked as a dispatcher, chafed some fusible links together while dropping in the new engine. When he reconnected teh battery it arced, and the resultant fire melted the wiring harness and most of the car's interior -- also a tech did not center a car on a lift (the 4 post above ground style) and raised the car up about 5-6 feet to work on it, when a gust of wind tipped teh car backwards and it fell off the lift , landing on the trunk, then the front end fell down through the lift and the sides of the lift tore off the fenders and paint!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:11 AM

^wtf....great...my car stays with me.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:43 PM

These stories are hilarious. Just today I dropped off my car at Nissan for the SES light being on. They called me later to inform me that one of my O2 sensors needed to be replaced which would be covered under my extended warranty. The service guy then proceeded to tell me that after their 27 point inspection it was determined that I needed to get my tranny fluid flushed and my throttle body cleaned which would "clean my spark plugs also," for a grand total of $250. I quickly said no thanks, for I had just flushed my tranny 3k miles ago and cleaned my entire intake, including the throttle body a few weeks back. What a joke.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:06 PM
trey

Originally Posted by Y2k Max Luv
What dealership was this? I don't live far from you and I dont ever want to go to that dealership.
Mcgrath nissan in elgin.

Old 03-10-2004, 08:26 PM
DoGGy

the funniest thing is the way they pronounce the models. "THREE HUNDRED FIFTY Z". i was gonna say "what? u got 300 hundered and FIFTY Z's parked in this lot?" but i didnt.

also i once went to the dealer (about 3 months ago) to get the volume **** on my bose fixed and the service dude said that the warranty for speakers and stuff expires after 3 years no matter if u got extended warranty or not. then i go "so basically my bose system is not covered by the warranty even tho i got extended warranty right?" then he asks me "LET ME SEE, WHAT YEAR IS THIS CAR? ".

HELLO STUPID. does it look like a 5th gen? i wonder how these idiots get a job at nissan dealer. this other dude writes down the vin # on my max, goes to the computer and types it in to see when my extended warranty expires, then he goes "ALTIMA RIGHT?"

i was about to say, NO, FERRARI ENZO