5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Fuse for Power Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Fuse for Power Seats???

I have a 2000 Maxima SE. This morning, every adjustment (up, down, back forth, etc) on both power seats stopped working.

I called my service rep, and he thinks those are fused items. However, I checked both the fuse panel in the dash and the one in the engine compartment, and I couldn't find anything for the power seats. I found seat heaters, etc, but nothing for those motors. The manual was no help either.

My car is out of warranty, so I would really like to take care of this one on my own.

Does anyone know where the fuse for the seat motors is located?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 03-12-2004, 08:33 AM

my seat stop going up and down about 4 months ago but still goes forward and back, and i cant find a fuse, im in the same boat as you are
Old 03-12-2004, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by maseo77
my seat stop going up and down about 4 months ago but still goes forward and back, and i cant find a fuse, im in the same boat as you are

I think ur case I don't think it's the fuse problem. I've been riding my car like that also for about 6 month, mine moves up, down, forward, back but doesn't recline, I think it's the motor mechanism. It didn't bother me that much cuz it's at my most comfortalbe setting.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I agree with Woo Cho that this doesn't sound like a fuse problem, if part works and part does not. In my case, both seats stopped moving in all directions, which sure sounds like a fuse problem.

Is there something underneath that could have gotten unplugged? I looked around at the wires, but nothing seemed lose or dangling.

Steve
Old 03-12-2004, 09:27 AM

i would be ****ed if i couldnt recline my seat, what would u do if the hotel rooms are all booked? lol... anyway doesnt really matter what doesnt work my old *** mazda never gave me power seat problems and this must be fixed
Old 03-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Banned

Darkone, sometimes when i install radios and theres no power going to it ill check the radio fuse, but most of the time its like the cigarette lighter fuse. So to check the fuses without taking each one out one by one

1) Turn the car to on position
2) With a voltmeter put the neg. (black one) on a ground in the car, and take the pos. and put it on the metal tip of one side of the fuse.
3) if the fuse shows 12v on one side and 0 on the other its shot, take that fuse out and replace it.

Im really not sure of which fuse the seat motor is plugged into, but maybe this will help.

brandon
Old 03-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Electrical

Well, thanks guys. I poked around a bit and found two bad fuses, located in tehe engine compartment. They were the larger 40 amp version, so I missed them the first time.

Bought two new ones from Pep Boys for $6, fixed the problem, and had it short out an hour later.

So, it's off to the mechanic to look for the electrical problem.

Steve
Old 03-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

sometimes the motors mess up ive had that prob b4 all you need to do is remove the motor and tap it with a screwdriver it should work
Old 03-13-2004, 09:58 PM

I have the same exact problem. My driver side seat does not recline. It does go forward and back. I would like to have it alittle less reclined at times but i'm pretty comfortable for the most part and just been lazy about finding out how much it will cost at the mechanics for a stupid problem like this. I think alot of maxima's are having the same problem. Anyone know the answer to this ( other than go to mechanic) , plz post. Thanks
Old 03-16-2004, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by DarkOne
Well, thanks guys. I poked around a bit and found two bad fuses, located in tehe engine compartment. They were the larger 40 amp version, so I missed them the first time.

Bought two new ones from Pep Boys for $6, fixed the problem, and had it short out an hour later.

So, it's off to the mechanic to look for the electrical problem.

Steve

where in the engine compartment did u find them and what 2 fuses were they?
Old 03-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The fuse compartment is to the far right of the engine. These were two 40 amps. One was for the radiator fan, and the other worked the power windows, sunroof, and power seats.

Unfortuneately, the mechanic took it through a bunch of tests, couldn't find anything, and replaced the fuses. So, I'm back to sqaure one wondering if they'll pop again soon.

Steve