5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Dynoed again and wasted...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 06:56 AM
Blu
the tits

my best time last night was 13.92 @ 100.95 stock 17's, full interior including spare/jack etc etc, 1/2 tank gas, and hot lapping on my last run. My car fully cooled always traps 1mph faster and runs a little quicker. I can't wait to see what it does with the little tires and no interior.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by jerome johnson
Man thats excellent times! At what r.p.m are you launching at? The best I could do last night was 14.731@94.86 thats with my 19's & auto, power braking and launching at about 3,500 rpm. I do have the TS flash didnt gain a thing. Last years 1/4 mi. run was 14.40@96.2 without the TS flash and HS headers but with the stock 17's. I am still considering having the ecu returned to stock.
It's the 19s and the launch. 3500 is a bit high IMO.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

Maybe it's learning and adjusting still.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:23 AM
The Definitive AE Master

so blu, u gonna keep it now? Track times and trap speeds look promising
Old 03-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by Larrio
so blu, u gonna keep it now? Track times and trap speeds look promising
very tempting...with the possible upcoming intake manifold project the raised rev limiter will really serve its duty
Old 03-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Also, I know you pulled the filter, but I think the factory airbox, even with mods, is killing your top-end.

However, it may be worth it for you to have the extra hole shot with the auto.

Just something you *MIGHT* try one of these days?

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
very tempting...with the possible upcoming intake manifold project the raised rev limiter will really serve its duty
Old 03-20-2004, 12:26 PM
The Definitive AE Master

blame nissan for playing it safe with the ecu

at the end of the day, a dyno is just a bunch of details on paper. I say keep it if you get better times with ur slicks+gutted setup.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by IceY2K1

Also, I know you pulled the filter, but I think the factory airbox, even with mods, is killing your top-end.

However, it may be worth it for you to have the extra hole shot with the auto.

Just something you *MIGHT* try one of these days?
at the track I didn't show any difference with pulling the air filter out and actually trapped faster a couple times with it in. That right there shows me a couple HP on the dyno doesn't do crap. I ran 3 times with the filter pulled and never bettered my times so I slapped it back in and actually ran quicker and faster the last run of the night.

I do know an intake ***might*** help out top end a little but last night was the first night I have ever gained 20mph in the last 1/8th on street tires. Its always been 20-21 on slicks b/c of the gearing but on street tires its always been 19mph maybe one or two with 20mph gained. Plus I drive a lot in the city and can't stand the low end loss I feel with intakes and the noise would be unbareable.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by Larrio
blame nissan for playing it safe with the ecu

at the end of the day, a dyno is just a bunch of details on paper. I say keep it if you get better times with ur slicks+gutted setup.
there is no doubt in my mind last night I would have ran at least a 13.6@102 gutted on slicks. This was my first night ever running 13's on street tires not gutted also finally breaking the 100mph barrier. I can't wait to hit up the faster track where I ran the 13.7 on my 18's. I don't even want to comment on what I think I can run there.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:42 PM

Get a PR CAI then...should keep the low end, yet allow your engine to breath on the top end and be QUITER then stock.

at the track I didn't show any difference with pulling the air filter out and actually trapped faster a couple times with it in. That right there shows me a couple HP on the dyno doesn't do crap. I ran 3 times with the filter pulled and never bettered my times so I slapped it back in and actually ran quicker and faster the last run of the night.

I do know an intake ***might*** help out top end a little but last night was the first night I have ever gained 20mph in the last 1/8th on street tires. Its always been 20-21 on slicks b/c of the gearing but on street tires its always been 19mph maybe one or two with 20mph gained. Plus I drive a lot in the city and can't stand the low end loss I feel with intakes and the noise would be unbareable.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:16 PM
3.0HO

226whp and like 233whp without the air filter which I dont consider daily driving characteristics but possibly something I would do at the track.
Matt
Dude keep it real and dyno with a filter.

Old 03-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by 3.0HO
Dude keep it real and dyno with a filter.
Dude... I will do as I please, Thanks

Drive through phatguy
Old 03-20-2004, 02:38 PM
VQ Wizard

The air filter makes no difference whatsoever. Arguing if it was in or out is as pointless as testing to see if it makes more power without it.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:51 PM
3.0HO

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
The air filter makes no difference whatsoever. Arguing if it was in or out is as pointless as testing to see if it makes more power without it.

Why take it out at all based on what you are saying since it will do more harm than good. Definitely pointless let alone stupid no doubt!

Old 03-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dude... I will do as I please, Thanks

Drive through phatguy
Listen Big Guy I started my new quest because of your success and progress with the 3.5.

If my ride don't live up to your build up I am holding you TOTALLY responsible.

There is no escape, so keep your fingers crossed that I have another one of those factory $#%^*&'s that everyone that has a slow car says we have.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by Jime
Listen Big Guy I started my new quest because of your success and progress with the 3.5.

If my ride don't live up to your build up I am holding you TOTALLY responsible.

There is no escape, so keep your fingers crossed that I have another one of those factory $#%^*&'s that everyone that has a slow car says we have.
lol
Old 03-21-2004, 12:02 AM

ok well i was the first to get the ts ecu as most of you know. All i know is that my car dynoed at 203whp and my tq was 245. also i was wondering blubyu2k2 what mods do u have???? also if you have?????
all i know is that my car is more powerful then before. and now i have the GAB and there is a big increase (butt dyno). sometime dynos dont really mean **** because there are so many factors that come into play. any way i just looked at your list of mods and i can see that you have headers. this might be the problem you need it to run richer. tell danny to do this for you. also what kind of gas r u using. In my experience all i have to say is that i stand behind TS ecu 100 %. Because it worked for me. i will re dyno. my hp numbers were low because i was running a little to rich. well got that fixed and going to re dyno.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:23 AM

it really could be the gas in the east. winter gas is different. it just suxs. i will dyno soon and let everyone know the gains because im so sure of gains. also its very hard to dyno an auto. the person needs to know what they are doing.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:37 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by krmaxima
ok well i was the first to get the ts ecu as most of you know. All i know is that my car dynoed at 203whp and my tq was 245. also i was wondering blubyu2k2 what mods do u have???? also if you have?????
all i know is that my car is more powerful then before. and now i have the GAB and there is a big increase (butt dyno). sometime dynos dont really mean **** because there are so many factors that come into play. any way i just looked at your list of mods and i can see that you have headers. this might be the problem you need it to run richer. tell danny to do this for you. also what kind of gas r u using. In my experience all i have to say is that i stand behind TS ecu 100 %. Because it worked for me. i will re dyno. my hp numbers were low because i was running a little to rich. well got that fixed and going to re dyno.
If I ran richer I would lose power. Also on the dyno I did hit 246tq but I dont count a quick spike at the beginning even though on the autos peak torque is unable to get read b/c of the transmission and upshifting. My car is tuned perfectly and I only gained a couple whp from them leaning out the top end which could have been done with a SAFC. Im almost positive thats the reason you gained power was b/c stock was too rich and they just leaned yours out.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:34 AM

I don't believe that's ALWAYS true blu, but typically so for NA cars.

CAN YOU POST THE DYNO CHART~!

PLEEEEEEEEASSE.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Nice times, blu. An auto running 13.92 @ 100.95 on street tires w/full interior is great. Now I've got to rethink my decision not to get the TS flash. d@mn.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:41 PM

I will be getting a dyno of the my car with the TS ECU on 4/4 . The only other thing I have done to it is an OBX catback. I had a GAB+K&N but I returned it to stock and reset the ECU 2 weeks ago. I am not sure what you have done to your car but mine is pretty close to stock so it may make a difference. If I do not see the kind of power increase I want I am getting a refund and we can then safely say the TS ECU is crap.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:00 PM

really i thought juice told ts to make his ts ecu run richer becuase of headers. not really sure dont quote me but i love the ts and i stand my ground 100 %. ill re dyno soon too and post as well
Old 03-21-2004, 10:03 PM

also there is only like one flash. and then they fine tune the program to you you want it at. i was running to rich so i got it leaned out. danny told me that with headers the AFR changes a lot. talk to juice. he know more
Old 03-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Wat

Ok, 1badmax is only half right in that we made no gain. We did make area under the curve increases, but no peak #. I can tell you from driving the car before and after, the car managed to take .2 sec off a Gtech measured 1/4mi. I dont know how accurate it is, but it does show some gain. Most of the gain you will see is at the track, not on the dyno...
Old 03-21-2004, 10:20 PM

yea peak dont mean ****. it all about under the curve. dont doubt the ecu becuast it good.thats all i got to say.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:54 AM
Blu
the tits

yea peak dont mean ****. it all about under the curve. dont doubt the ecu becuast it good.thats all i got to say.
well me and Juice talk quite a bit and we both have the same setup. After the ECU I got hardly anything under the curve. His results were the same. I have all the bolt ons and I overlayed my previous header dyno from a week ago onto the TS ECU dyno after it was fully tuned and the only spot I saw gains was were they leaned out from 5k on. There was no area under the curve and don't expect much from the ECU unless you are running really rich before you send off the ECU. Plus TS never got the Automatic to work b/c it was so innaccurate on the dyno thus why you see no published numbers for the Automatic Maxima

And Ice I will post the graphs when I get them...
Old 03-22-2004, 07:10 AM

i thought juice dynoed pretty high with his set up????
Old 03-22-2004, 07:21 AM
Wat

The auto does work, but you need a greddy e manage to tune it. TS cannot tune the ECU without it being in a car and on a dyno. I managed to pick up like 6hp across the curve and something like 4 lb-ft. Yes, they could have done better. I and some other .org members are working with TS to fix the problem and hopefully get more gains.

Also, it seems that those who went to headers have trouble gaining power. I think it could be the fact that the headers themselves are very free flowing, and that the amt of air going in does not match the amt coming out.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Blu
the tits

i thought juice dynoed pretty high with his set up????
his numbers were almost the same as mine peak its all headers making the power. The only reason I made any power at all was from the tuning a/f ratio on the high end. I showed no change what so ever anywhere else in the rpm range. I am the only one to have before and after dynos keeping the same a/f ratio throughout most of the rpm range and showed nothing on the dyno. Is the rev limiter raised? yes, is the speed limiter gone? yes, is the hesitation gone? yes, but is there any added power? No not according to the dyno and Im talking about where a/f ratios weren't touched.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by E55AMG2
The auto does work, but you need a greddy e manage to tune it. TS cannot tune the ECU without it being in a car and on a dyno. I managed to pick up like 6hp across the curve and something like 4 lb-ft. Yes, they could have done better. I and some other .org members are working with TS to fix the problem and hopefully get more gains.

Also, it seems that those who went to headers have trouble gaining power. I think it could be the fact that the headers themselves are very free flowing, and that the amt of air going in does not match the amt coming out.
So my logic is right, the TS ECU really doesn't do anything for power. You would get that power tuning the a/f ratios no matter if you have the ECU from TS or not.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:28 AM
Wat

Blu, thats right. Where the A/F ratios werent touched, you didnt gain any HP. Thats the essence of what they did. They adjust the AFR to maximaize HP. Studman and I figured out that they didnt do it right. We are sending them the info that we came up with, so that maybe they can fix the flash file and maybe make more gains.

BTW, how are the HS headers??
Old 03-22-2004, 07:32 AM
Blu
the tits

Blu, thats right. Where the A/F ratios werent touched, you didnt gain any HP. Thats the essence of what they did. They adjust the AFR to maximaize HP. Studman and I figured out that they didnt do it right. We are sending them the info that we came up with, so that maybe they can fix the flash file and maybe make more gains.

BTW, how are the HS headers??
Headers are awesome. No doubt in my mind the HS headers are the best power adder to the 3.5 other than FI.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:32 AM
Wat

So my logic is right, the TS ECU really doesn't do anything for power. You would get that power tuning the a/f ratios no matter if you have the ECU from TS or not.

Yes and no. Without the TS ecu, you couldnt get the same power by tuning the AFR. This is mostly because of the fact that the maximas ecu has that homo self correcting feature. TS flash diminishes this effect. When I put mine on, I gained area under the curve. It seems that the people who told TS that they had headers gained nothing. I told them I was totally stock, even though I have a PR CAI and UDP. Just have them flash it back to what a stock maxima should have and try it again. If it doesnt work, then return it.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Blu
the tits

Yes and no. Without the TS ecu, you couldnt get the same power by tuning the AFR. This is mostly because of the fact that the maximas ecu has that homo self correcting feature. TS flash diminishes this effect. When I put mine on, I gained area under the curve. It seems that the people who told TS that they had headers gained nothing. I told them I was totally stock, even though I have a PR CAI and UDP. Just have them flash it back to what a stock maxima should have and try it again. If it doesnt work, then return it.
Well I sent them my dyno sheet to tune from. They got it right top end from leaning it out but my other ratios seemed right on. I wanted 13:5 but they insisted it was too lean and wouldn't do it although I paid for it. Im thinking about calling them back and getting it leaned out more. I still think I have room for improvement at 13:0 and since there is no FI Im in no danger of hurting anything at 13:5. I need to talk to Tadashi(sp) instead of Danny. But I do plan on keeping the ECU now b/c the raised rev limit works for what I want my car for.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:43 AM

So, I guess you're NOT going to post the dyno?

Oh well, you and the bandwagoneers can bash them all you want based on ONE "suspect" dyno, yet you got better 1/4-times.

That just means less 2K2 ECUs for Danny to work on and more time to get mine rolling.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:45 AM

This is mostly because of the fact that the maximas ecu has that homo self correcting feature.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:52 AM

So it seems that its more beneficial to get something like an APEXi SAFCII and some dyno time, as opposed to, the TS ECU upgrade. Am I right??
Old 03-22-2004, 07:53 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
So, I guess you're NOT going to post the dyno?

Oh well, you and the bandwagoneers can bash them all you want based on ONE "suspect" dyno, yet you got better 1/4-times.

That just means less 2K2 ECUs for Danny to work on and more time to get mine rolling.
I don't have the runviewer files yet or I would. I don't own the shop so I can't just run in and get them or demand they e-mail them to me right away. There is no bandwagoners here if you trying to treat me as one, and Im not bashing anyone Im just saying the only place I got power was from were they leaned out the a/f curves. Everything else was almost a direct overlay. I saw it at the shop, and Im getting better 1/4 times maily b/c of the headers b/c they proved on the dyno to make a lot more power peak and throughout the rpm range.

I hope you get the ECU soon b/c the 3.0 will benefit much more from the raised rev limiter alone.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:09 AM

My bad...from your latest post, sounded like you had them, but were hoarding the goods.

The REST of the members who are jumping to conclusions are the bandwagoneers NOT the guy who took it in the azz.

Just make sure you post them when you get a chance, overlayed with the HS header one if possible.

Thanks.

I don't have the runviewer files yet or I would. I don't own the shop so I can't just run in and get them or demand they e-mail them to me right away. There is no bandwagoners here if you trying to treat me as one, and Im not bashing anyone Im just saying the only place I got power was from were they leaned out the a/f curves. Everything else was almost a direct overlay. I saw it at the shop, and Im getting better 1/4 times maily b/c of the headers b/c they proved on the dyno to make a lot more power peak and throughout the rpm range.

I hope you get the ECU soon b/c the 3.0 will benefit much more from the raised rev limiter alone.

Quick Reply: Dynoed again and wasted...