5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Should I trade in my max for a TL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i do love the TL, it was between 04 accord V-6, 03 maxima, or 02 TL, for the price, the maxima has the best performance, TL was too expensive for me, of course more money you pay, the more luxurious the car ig going to be, if i had the money i would get a infinity M45, or a BMW 545, or a GS400, or even a bently GT, maybach? who wouldnt??
Old 04-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

by the way, acuras are honda, but with little bit more of luxury, but they are made by honda, which has honda engines, and honda parts, they are just called acuras here. so basically its a HONDA
Old 04-02-2004, 04:58 AM
drag racing is for wussies

Only Acura I wouldnt hesitate to buy is a 3.5RL, everything else I would be affraid to drive. Seriously soon enough the owners of the new TL will find out about that great reliablity Honda USED to have. I wouldn't recomend an Acura to none of my friends (other than the RL) and since I am a Acura mechanic for a couple of years now I should know. I don't care they break down, its work for me
Old 04-02-2004, 06:26 AM

BlackBirdVQ,

I will probably be flamed for the following comments, I'm not being a smarta$$, I just want info:

I've browsed the website mentioned and most of the complaints seem to be aimed at dealership experiences rather that the quality of ACURA cars themselves. I have always felt that Honda built great cars. I have owned two hondas and they were absolutely trouble free, unlike the car I currently own. Can you give some more specific info regarding your comments... is it the dealership you work for or the cars themselves? I considered the TL or Accord as my next car. I agree the VQ still "feels" more powerfull than the honda engines, but to be honest the horsepower numbers are a wash as far as I'm concerned... I really don't need any more power, anything that gets to 60 in under 7 seconds is fast enough for me. I want a well built car that's fun to drive and will last 150,000 miles with little trouble. Are you saying Hondas/Acuras don't do that anymore?
Old 04-02-2004, 08:32 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by chun
by the way, acuras are honda, but with little bit more of luxury, but they are made by honda, which has honda engines, and honda parts, they are just called acuras here. so basically its a HONDA

Just like Infiniti is Nissan and Lexus is Toyota?