5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Burberry, Gucci Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
Gotta agree here about engine mods. Blk2k, your car works fine as a show car. But as far as your "performance" mods go, not much.

My maxima would beat you at the track, even with the roof rack (which has about as much wind resistance as your body kit. And all I have is an intake...but I have 17's and a 5-speed, which give me an edge over you with 20's and an auto.

That said, I have no problem with your interior. It's not MY thing, but I give you props for alot of hard work on it (especially the TVs).....I don't like the LV/Coach/Gucci/whatever interior, but as long as you like it that's what counts..

You would kick my a@@ at a "show" no doubt, but I will take you at the track. So there's the tradeoff.

BTW if you had been at the racetrack with us a few weeks ago, you might change your mind about no "performance" maximas - there were 4th AND 5th gen maximas there beating mustangs, japanese sports cars, a corvette or two and the list goes on. Tell some of the maxima guys here with S/C that they're not driving "performance" cars...

You are not driving a performance car.
I am not driving a performance car.
But some guys here with 300+ hp, THEY are driving performance cars that just happen to have 4 doors.
20's can be removed buddy. i wouldnt race with 20's. now as far as u beating me in a race, on stock wheels, u don't have much on me. All u have is a 5 spd. which is not a modification but i have more performance mods. Now as far as performance cars, that's my whole point. People with turbos/SC may be regarded as performance cars. My comments were aimed at the ones who have an intake (ie. SOONERFAN) and think they are experts on cars. And lastly, how can it be alright to drop $10-15K on performance mods, as many people here have, but only Puffy can get his interior done because he drives a bentley. Whether your hooking up the engine or the rest of the car, it's still JUST a maxima.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:59 PM

Oh my dear lord, somebody actually went ahead and put that crap in a Maxima. I mean, I was imagining how bad it would look in my mind but now seeing it for real it is much, much worse. Whoever did that should be ashamed of himself. It looks like the wallpaper in a Denny's bathroom.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:03 PM

HAHAHA, like i said, the most comments from the losers that dont know what they're talkin about. No pics of your own car yet so much to say, get a life.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:06 PM
retired moderator

I never said not to get interior work done...I was just saying its not my style.

As for you having more "performance mods" that would make you faster than me, what?

I have:
Intake

According your your website, you have:
Intake

So, where are you hiding your other "performance mods" that would make you faster?

And I didn't say the 5-sp was a mod, I simply stated a FACT that a 5sp will beat an auto, all other things being equal.

As for soonerfan, he (like me) is doing what we can afford to do....we are both employed by the US government, which doesn't pay big $$. Hell, I have mortgage payments and my wife's new care to pay for. I do what mods I can afford...

Now with you having just turned 21, I doubt you have a big house mortgage, so you have alot more $$ to spend on your ride. More power to you. But not everyone here can put 5 TVs in the car, or put a S/C in the car - so dissing people for having less mods than you is weak.

BTW - I know that soonerfan (like myself) does ALL his own mods himself....and there is extra props for doing your own work, thinking up your own ideas (shirts stuffed in the trunk ), and doing what you can do within your means.

If gucci seats, 5 TVs, etc. are within YOUR means, I am very happy for you. They are not within the means (or needs) of many people in here.

BTW I consider a STOCK maxima to be a "performance sedan"....No, maybe it isn't as fast as a STI, but it will whoop up on 3/4 of the mid-sized sedans out there. There are not THAT many cars the size of the maxima that can beat it (especially FWD cars). Performance is relative. Go drive a 4-cyl accord sedan and then tell me the maxima is not a performance sedan. Man you know this, that's one reason YOU and me both bought maximas...for the performance.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:09 PM
retired moderator

and I better not hear a thing from you about "not knowing about cars"....I was restoring my first classic British sportscar when you were still in elementary school...
Old 03-28-2004, 06:14 PM
UCF Lexus

Dude, Irish...chillax
Old 03-28-2004, 06:18 PM
retired moderator

my bad dude....I just hate it when people resort to calling others "losers" or saying they don't know about cars....soonerfan (jason) is one of the DC area locals so I gotta have his back when he's not online tonight.

Nothing wrong with criticizing stuff, but don't make it personal like some here have been doing...I'm sitting in my hotel room on a business trip and have nothing better to do so I have to ramble in my responses maybe its time to find some online **** or something nah! the .org is much more entertaining!

btw - Charlottesville, Va. is FULL of ricers....guess that comes with being a college town....I looked out my window and the guy parked next to me has a Civic with plates "ULTIM8" or something similar and has a HUGE honda logo on the entire hood lol!
Old 03-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Blk2kMAXSE
My comments were aimed at the ones who have an intake (ie. SOONERFAN) and think they are experts on cars.
did you miss the pics of the y-pipe? which btw, is the single best performance mod that can be done to an NA car.
did you see how many people that were happy as hell about my post on reducing the sub rattle?
and you never said why you list mods that happen to be in the engine bay as "engine mod". technically a CAI isnt an engine mod either. it is an intake mod. which would make it a PERFORMANCE mod.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Cletus

my bad dude....I just hate it when people resort to calling others "losers" or saying they don't know about cars....soonerfan (jason) is one of the DC area locals so I gotta have his back when he's not online tonight.

Nothing wrong with criticizing stuff, but don't make it personal like some here have been doing...I'm sitting in my hotel room on a business trip and have nothing better to do so I have to ramble in my responses maybe its time to find some online **** or something nah! the .org is much more entertaining!

btw - Charlottesville, Va. is FULL of ricers....guess that comes with being a college town....I looked out my window and the guy parked next to me has a Civic with plates "ULTIM8" or something similar and has a HUGE honda logo on the entire hood lol!
and im pretty sure Blk2kMAXSE knows nothing about cars himself. im sure he knows nothing about in car electronics either. im sure he paid someone else instead of doing the work himself.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:30 PM

LOL, nothin against u Irish, comments were more directed to Soonerfan. As far as performance mods, just a Greddy cat back exhaust which doesnt help out that much but it helps. As far as racing u, i wouldnt because i dont race but if we did it would be a close one with other factors involved like driving skills. Its not as simple as u stated. I just think that racing is too dangerous and stupid on streets, as i'm sure u would agree and i wouldn't enjoy going to a track. Rather be doing something else. Comments on interior were directed to whoever made statement about Puffy.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:32 PM

lol this thread has actually been very entertaining!
Old 03-28-2004, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
and im pretty sure Blk2kMAXSE knows nothing about cars himself. im sure he knows nothing about in car electronics either. im sure he paid someone else instead of doing the work himself.
I'm glad you're such an expert on the extent of my knowledge. I went ahead and changed the header to "engine bay mods." I hope this makes u happy. Now do me a favor and remove the many pics of your radar detector from every conceivable angle. finally, i dont care about your y pipe because at the end of the day, its still a regular maxima that no one will ever care about. Go ahead and get a SC and then i'll call your car a performance car.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The downside of this forum is that there are too many "haters". Although I might not be interested
in modding my car in ways other's find creative, I can appreciate that they are willing to take chances
and creating the look that they invision for their cars. Afterall it is their car, they pay to drive it and if they chose to make their car a showcar, more power to them.

So fellas.....***** the flamers and haters that
discourage your choice of modding....most cant shell out the loot to do what you are doing and its killing them inside that they have to play it safe and worry like *****es what most people think of them....

Do you and enjoy your whip!Good luck!
Old 03-28-2004, 06:47 PM

Hahaha!!! Thank You Very Much.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:52 PM
retired moderator

LOL, nothin against u Irish, comments were more directed to Soonerfan. As far as performance mods, just a Greddy cat back exhaust which doesnt help out that much but it helps. As far as racing u, i wouldnt because i dont race but if we did it would be a close one with other factors involved like driving skills. Its not as simple as u stated. I just think that racing is too dangerous and stupid on streets, as i'm sure u would agree and i wouldn't enjoy going to a track. Rather be doing something else. Comments on interior were directed to whoever made statement about Puffy.
agree no to street racing....I meant at the track...though I have never actually run at the track with the maxima (only with my triumph).....yeah driving skills obviously - that's why I said "all other things being equal" (including drivers). Hey, you tryin' to say I can't drive?

hehe the max isnt' hard to drive! my triumph which weighs ~1500 lbs, rear wheel drive, with a heavy iron-block 160+ hp straight-6 up front, NO power brakes, no power steering, and 4-speed stick - now THAT takes some skill to drive (especially at the track....the tail is so lights you get rear wheel screech going into 4TH if you're really pushing it)...

it's all gravy....careful talking to soonerfan. Jason is CRAZY! Actually, he would probably send his lovely girlfriend Ashley to rough you up, I think he's busy putting t-shirts in his wheels to reduce brake shimmy....sorry Jason I know the t-shirts in the trunk work as intended - but they still make me smile
Old 03-28-2004, 06:57 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by MannyNJ2k2max
The downside of this forum is that there are too many "haters". Although I might not be interested
in modding my car in ways other's find creative, I can appreciate that they are willing to take chances
and creating the look that they invision for their cars. Afterall it is their car, they pay to drive it and if they chose to make their car a showcar, more power to them.

So fellas.....***** the flamers and haters that
discourage your choice of modding....most cant shell out the loot to do what you are doing and its killing them inside that they have to play it safe and worry like *****es what most people think of them....

Do you and enjoy your whip!Good luck!
Manny, your real name must be Kofi Anan or Mohatma Ghandi....the peacemaker

well said...good thing all the trashtalking is forgotten when we actually have meets!
Old 03-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Cletus

I'm glad you're such an expert on the extent of my knowledge. I went ahead and changed the header to "engine bay mods." I hope this makes u happy. Now do me a favor and remove the many pics of your radar detector from every conceivable angle. finally, i dont care about your y pipe because at the end of the day, its still a regular maxima that no one will ever care about. Go ahead and get a SC and then i'll call your car a performance car.
you didnt deny that you paid people to work on your car cause you know nothing about it. i do ALL my own work. you have money i have knowledge, i can live with that.
and the radar detectors pics were to show people the best place to hide it. that was also well recieved by everyone on here.
regular maxima? sure is on the outside. i dont care what you call my car. just like you shouldnt cry like a girl when i say yours is ugley and slower then a stock maxima.
yes you can do what you want to your car (whip). just dont expect people to worship the ground you walk on cause you "shelled out loot" to make it what most of us see as "ugly". i like mine classy since thats the reason i bought it. its a "luxury sports sedan" a car thats classier then some cars that cost twice as much and out performs anything in its class.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:11 PM

Hmmmm, u do all your own work. changing bulbs isnt that hard buddy . Sticking a dash kit on isnt that hard either. i'm glad u think so highly of your car. classy???? LOL, in what way? do u honestly think that when u drive by people are saying, damn, there goes one classy car? i'm sure they dont even notice it. What $50k cars are less classy then a maxima? and since when did the maxima become this extraordinary beast u are imagining? it can hold its own but it does not outperform every car in its class.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:21 PM
retired moderator

what 2k model FWD sedan can outperform a maxima? I can't think of any......Taurus SHO or did they make that in 2k?

$50k car less classy than a maxima? A civic with $40k worth of mods
Old 03-28-2004, 07:22 PM

HAHAHA, like i said, the most comments from the losers that dont know what they're talkin about. No pics of your own car yet so much to say, get a life.
I don't have any pics of my car because my car looks exactly like it did when I drove it off of the lot. Nobody wants to see a bone stock Maxima--everyone saw that the day they bought theirs. I can't afford to mod my car and potentially lose my warranty. But I know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about my opinion. I already mentioned that I am not the one who has to live with the car once it is modified. You do. Do whatever you want, think whatever you think and I will do likewise.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:56 PM

i PLAN on getting a ferrari
dude shut the fuc up. you are a ricer who only cares that his car LOOKS FAST. just admit it dude and then move on and find a ricer forum cause there people will all agree with you and not make you cry. cause in here most people ACTUALLY HAVE performance mods. and even those people dont talk **** about beating people. but since you started it, i got $1,000 that says i would take you. right now, now in 5 years when you finally get your mods
and the dual exhaust - im 99% sure it cant be done. i would tell you why but i would lose you because you abviously dont really know anything about cars. you just know how to make them "LOOK COOL" to TRY and win stupid ricer shows
Before you try to talk shyt as my british friends would say know the knledge about someone before you blow smoke out your rear end. My Maxima hasnt had much performance or looks done till now because i just finished paying it off which isnt bad considering im part owner of 2 resturaunts and have rights to the franchase roalties of the other one. Oh yea and i graduated high school last year, i busted my *** of since 14 working and trust me its not a plan its going to happen i already have the Y-Pipe, Strait Pipe and Pulleys all siting in my room so guess ill be doing my mods before you finish planing to get that ferari. If i wanted to join a ricer forum i would have joined south florida racing's forum. If you can read up to this forum is sponcered by custom maxima and ya my cars actually on there web page wheres yours at? As far as not being able to do the dual exaust enough money will get anything done. I do know about cars and i know if i couldnt beat you with my maxima id just use my real racing car which is a 1965 Chevy Impala SS oh by the way if you didnt know shyt about cars that was the first year big block chevy.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:57 PM

well said.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by PearlWhtMaX2000
well said.

Which reply are you talking about?
Old 03-28-2004, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Benj-AMG
Hey MaximaRican, if you go ahead and get those prototype Nike rims like I was telling you to, I know you could beat Soonerfan. Or you could wait for the Reebok pump light forged alloys like I am.
Ill pass on any kind of ****y *** rims by some shoe company i enjoy my 19" Axis Spiders with Nitto NT555 tires a whole lot better than anything with a name that will look different.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaRican
Ill pass on any kind of ****y *** rims by some shoe company i enjoy my 19" Axis Spiders with Nitto NT555 tires a whole lot better than anything with a name that will look different.

Umm...I was just joking. I guess it didn't translate.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:50 PM

Umm...I was just joking. I guess it didn't translate.
Naw it translated sorry just forgot to laugh.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:24 PM
retired moderator

Your parts are in your "room" not your "house"? So you own these restaurants and you still live with your parents? What are the restaurants called, in case I'm ever in town?
Old 03-29-2004, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by gsumax
Well... Whatever tickles your... NM
Old 03-29-2004, 02:00 PM

Your parts are in your "room" not your "house"? So you own these restaurants and you still live with your parents? What are the restaurants called, in case I'm ever in town?
Like i said before asumtions asumtions. I own a Condo with a nice size bedroom and i keep them in here. Thats why there not in my house cause there in my room in my condo. The Resturaunts are called Cielito Lindo. If yould like the addresses and phone numbers id be more than happy to supply those as well. Yee with little faith i have no reason to lie ill post pics of my car when it gets out of the body shop or better yet when the dual exaust are installed and ill take pics of the y-pipe,stait pipe and pulleys. Let me know ill get those pics for ya.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:03 PM
Cletus

Like i said before asumtions asumtions. I own a Condo with a nice size bedroom and i keep them in here. Thats why there not in my house cause there in my room in my condo. The Resturaunts are called Cielito Lindo. If yould like the addresses and phone numbers id be more than happy to supply those as well. Yee with little faith i have no reason to lie ill post pics of my car when it gets out of the body shop or better yet when the dual exaust are installed and ill take pics of the y-pipe,stait pipe and pulleys. Let me know ill get those pics for ya.
PLEASE, DO NOT POST PICTURES!!!
like i said before, good luck with that dual exhaust
Old 03-29-2004, 02:26 PM

this thread is

mods must be asleep again or something...
Old 03-29-2004, 02:31 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

Originally Posted by aussie983
this thread is

mods must be asleep again or something...
and

Old 03-29-2004, 02:33 PM

NewLoveI30
another with a bone stock maxima
lol
Old 03-29-2004, 02:37 PM

Naw it translated sorry just forgot to laugh.

No, you didn't get it. You really thought Nike made rims. You don't have to admit it. Your previous post is proof.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:37 PM

PLEASE, DO NOT POST PICTURES!!!
like i said before, good luck with that dual exhaust
???

http://www.custommaxima.com/DualExhaust.php
Old 03-29-2004, 02:54 PM

ok children...i think thats enough with the flamin....
Old 03-29-2004, 03:01 PM

Which reply are you talking about?
yours..............
Old 03-29-2004, 03:32 PM
Cletus

o i guess you didnt know that is a 4th gen

they do offer it for 5th gen but im 99% sure no one has done it.
the EVAP in in the way

The evaporative emission system is used to reduce hydrocarbons emitted into the atmosphere from the fuel system. This reduction of hydrocarbons is accomplished by activated charcoals in the EVAP canister. The fuel vapor in the sealed fuel tank is led into the EVAP canister which contains activated carbon and the vapor is stored there when the engine is not operating or when refueling to the fuel tank.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:37 PM

re.

DAMN i just started this post cause i had some ideas about interiors.
you guys need to calm down and go outside and look at the world and stop sitting behind a comp 24/7 arguing over some stupid crap.
as for the pics of the max wit da gucci dat looks like crap ive seen a max wit nice gucci interior it looked nice but w.e im thinkin dat alka w.e leather two tone and custom emblems
Old 03-29-2004, 03:37 PM

o i guess you didnt know that is a 4th gen

they do offer it for 5th gen but im 99% sure no one has done it.
the EVAP in in the way

The evaporative emission system is used to reduce hydrocarbons emitted into the atmosphere from the fuel system. This reduction of hydrocarbons is accomplished by activated charcoals in the EVAP canister. The fuel vapor in the sealed fuel tank is led into the EVAP canister which contains activated carbon and the vapor is stored there when the engine is not operating or when refueling to the fuel tank.

I asked the dual exhaust question a long time ago too. Got the same answer you just posted. Nicely explained

Quick Reply: Burberry, Gucci Interior?