5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th Gen CF Trunk Project?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 05:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

5th Gen CF Trunk Project?!?

Sup Fellas,

Since Sadler's unfortunate mishap, he has'nt been able to keep on top of the CF trunk project for the 5th gen. It was rather noble of him to even do it in the 1st place since hes a 4th Gen but anyway... The project is stuck in its tracks because no one is really overseeing it anymore and we still need a DONOR TRUNK sent to IONIC DYNAMICS in Cali. All the people who have left deposits to ge the project underway (including myself) are now in a bad way and we will need the help and cooperation of the interested 5th Gen owners and even the 5th Gen guys who just want to help out... to see this project to the end. I talked to the guy at IONIC and he is ready to go with it but needs a donor trunk. If no one else will do it, I volunteer myself to keep in contact w/IONIC for updates and try to work w/them on pricing etc... but we still need help. Post your thoughts here.

Deac
Old 04-22-2004, 06:19 AM

i thought chinaonnitrous was gonna donate his trunk.... i think there's only 3 of us in the cf trunk deal, u, him and me... i think... maybe a 4th person...
Old 04-22-2004, 09:50 AM

do you guys know where in CA ionic is....if its close by to my house id be willing to do it; however it would have to be in a couple weeks cuz im still in school....
Old 04-22-2004, 11:26 AM
I miss the .org!

So how many people exactly are 100% serious and have the $$ to get in on this project? For some reason I thought this deal was dead in the water...
Old 04-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

im in !!!!! what is the price range?
Old 04-22-2004, 07:11 PM
drag racing is for wussies

I might be in the deal, provided I get to see what the trunk will look like once its done.. is there anyway we can get a small lip spoiler implemented into the CF trunk also ? I hate the OE spoiler and my car don't even have one on it. I tried all kinds of other cars' lip spoilers on the trunk of our 5th gens and nothing works. It will match nicely with my CF hood
Old 04-22-2004, 07:14 PM

Ok

Originally Posted by maxGTRvq35de
im in !!!!! what is the price range?
Here is the pricing info: Its is $200 down and a balance of $515 making it $715 total. I'll find out if shipping is included or extra.
Our contact's name at Ionic Dynamics is Jose and the address there is:
181 E Orange Ave suite H8, Chula Vista, Ca, 91911

A few guys have made deposits and rest assured that the money has been forwarded to Ionic Dynamics to get the project underway. I do believe we need to get another head count to determine who has put a deposit down already and to see who else is interested in this deal.... Post if you have made a deposit or are interested in joining this GD. For you guys on the West Coast who think you can help out by getting a donor trunk to Jose at this address please post and let us know.

Moderators, the reason I am posting in this forum is because it will be more widely seen by the 5th Gen guys and under the circumstances this GD needs recognition and as much support as possible to get it done. Please consider this before moving this thread. Thanx...

Deac
Old 04-22-2004, 07:19 PM

TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CF Hoods are way cheaper!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 07:27 PM

Yeah but...

Originally Posted by Trance Artur
TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CF Hoods are way cheaper!!!

ANYWAY.... the people who are in on this deal are people who have the money to spend obviously and typically they already have CF hoods and are trying to do something new, different & innovative... If you cant help or contribute positive feedback, check out another thread. Lets not waste posts with comments that are not going to help us get this project finished. The more people we get, the more the price will go down... I'm cool with it either way which is why I already put my deposit down along w/a few others. Lets get that headcount!

Deac
Old 04-22-2004, 07:52 PM

i've made a deposit... and have a cf hood already... =)
Old 04-22-2004, 08:13 PM
drag racing is for wussies

damn 700 ? I followed the last thread bout this deal.. but never got around to the price of the trunk lid. I think I'ma pass on this.... I just bought a 91 SE-R with no rust or anything and 92K miles from a girl for 1000 bux...time for a new project. I still wanna see the finished product.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
damn 700 ? I followed the last thread bout this deal.. but never got around to the price of the trunk lid. I think I'ma pass on this.... I just bought a 91 SE-R with no rust or anything and 92K miles from a girl for 1000 bux...time for a new project. I still wanna see the finished product.

find some pics of sadler's car. He had a finished cf trunk on his car from the same company... it was flawless! somebody post a pic of sadler's cf trunk!

Deac
Old 04-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Suspension Yoda

im already in, paid my $200 to jason...
BUT...i also paid another $50 to go towards buying a junkyard trunk lid or something, thinking everyone else was doing the same. whats the discrepancy?

this is gonna be sah-weeeet.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:55 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

If I had a black Car, I would do it. I think on my car, CF hood is enough.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

i have a black car. buy it for me kloogerella
Old 04-23-2004, 04:33 AM
2-Wheelin it...

ok....i'm steppin up to the plate...i'm going away on vacation for about a week......how much time do they need with my lid cause i'll prolly need my car to drive. i can extend the use of the car by maybe another week (meaning 2 weeks parked).....if this is doable, i'll send out my lid. just need to ask, do i get a free lid for this...i'm not asking this cause i'm cheap, but simply cause i personally don't care for this "mod"...i'm only stepping up to push it through. just doing this to help the 5th gen group out. let me know what's up.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by PoLo
ok....i'm steppin up to the plate...i'm going away on vacation for about a week......how much time do they need with my lid cause i'll prolly need my car to drive. i can extend the use of the car by maybe another week (meaning 2 weeks parked).....if this is doable, i'll send out my lid. just need to ask, do i get a free lid for this...i'm not asking this cause i'm cheap, but simply cause i personally don't care for this "mod"...i'm only stepping up to push it through. just doing this to help the 5th gen group out. let me know what's up.
Stop lying, you know you want a free CF trunk lid.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:37 AM

hmmm.. it just so happens that i live in southern california, and it just so happens i have a spare trunk lid sitting in my garage. Now, the only problem with that is the fact that the trunk lid in my garage is meant to replace the damaged one on my car. I was about to drop it off at the body shop this weekend, along with my rear bumper, and body kit.

To be honest I'm not really interested in a CF trunklid as I don't even have a CF hood, and i figure the more weight in the rear the better. However if you guys can figure out a way for me to get my car fixed without delay and help out at the same time, I'd be glad to do what I can.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:45 AM

donor trunks

Originally Posted by Chinkzilla
hmmm.. it just so happens that i live in southern california, and it just so happens i have a spare trunk lid sitting in my garage. Now, the only problem with that is the fact that the trunk lid in my garage is meant to replace the damaged one on my car. I was about to drop it off at the body shop this weekend, along with my rear bumper, and body kit.

To be honest I'm not really interested in a CF trunklid as I don't even have a CF hood, and i figure the more weight in the rear the better. However if you guys can figure out a way for me to get my car fixed without delay and help out at the same time, I'd be glad to do what I can.

POLO & Chinkzilla, call Jose's cell phone at IONIC DYNAMICS at: 619 254 1031 to get info on donating the trunk. He may be able to use the damaged one chinkzilla just for the measurements!
Old 04-23-2004, 03:44 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

This CF trunk , with a CF hood and Eyelids on a black or Gray Lustre Max would look awesome !
Old 04-23-2004, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by kloogy
This CF trunk , with a CF hood and Eyelids on a black or Gray Lustre Max would look awesome !
I agree. CF on gray lustre is the best.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:58 PM

I think the CF hood woul;d look weird on light colored Maximas. Maybe black or gray Lustre Maximas would be best with it.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by 2k3TitaniumSe
I think the CF hood woul;d look weird on light colored Maximas. Maybe black or gray Lustre Maximas would be best with it.

grey lustre here!!!

These are the people we have so far who are interested in the deal.l...

Myself (Deac)
djfrestyl
maxGTRvq35de
chinaonnitrous
Polo ?
BlackBIRDVQ?

Whats ups with you guys who were going to donate the trunk? Keep us posted!

Deac
Old 04-23-2004, 09:33 PM

A CF tunk looks kinda dumb in my pov..I mean a death hood is one thing but a death tunk, well you won't die from the tunk unlike the hood because at high speeds the hood will literally take some heads off haha It won't shatter either because the force will be too fast, think of a car goin into a tree..Anyway I saw these things on Toyota Altezzas and Civs they look craptacular..Just wait for a CF BK to come out and then do it..
Old 04-23-2004, 10:38 PM

u missed me... =) i'm already in on the deal...
Old 04-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i apologize for not staying on up things, but i have had so much on my own plate that this slipped through my clutches.

however, Jose has assured me that he put a deposit on a trunk lid from a yard in socal and is awaiting its arrival... he did want a back up if possible but wasn't able to get anyone to come through on the deal as of yet.

and just so you guys know, the trunk lids from junk yards typically run about $250-300.00 so your $50.00 extra deposits (if you gave them) will be going towards this.

i know that this will turn out to be a great item for the 5th gens to have, especially those of you in love with carbon fiber.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by thebigsadler
i apologize for not staying on up things, but i have had so much on my own plate that this slipped through my clutches.

however, Jose has assured me that he put a deposit on a trunk lid from a yard in socal and is awaiting its arrival... he did want a back up if possible but wasn't able to get anyone to come through on the deal as of yet.

and just so you guys know, the trunk lids from junk yards typically run about $250-300.00 so your $50.00 extra deposits (if you gave them) will be going towards this.

i know that this will turn out to be a great item for the 5th gens to have, especially those of you in love with carbon fiber.
hey thanks for everything, i heard what happend and i'm sorry, hope u get everything in order for yourself...do u want someone else to take care of the money stuff & etc...? let us know.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:37 PM

yeah...

Originally Posted by myktek
hey thanks for everything, i heard what happend and i'm sorry, hope u get everything in order for yourself...do u want someone else to take care of the money stuff & etc...? let us know.

Yeah Jason, good to hear from you again. I just took it upon myself to start this thread back up because I knew you had alot on your plate. If you want any one of us to oversee in a certain way, let us know.

The new list is:

Myself (Deac)
djfrestyl
maxGTRvq35de
chinaonnitrous
Polo ?
BlackBIRDVQ?
Mytek

Deac
Old 04-27-2004, 09:28 PM

still waiting for donors to step up to the plate and get a 5th gen trunk lid over to IONIC to help speed the process. Post if you are willing to do it.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:52 PM

i talked to jason a while ago, Its the summer now, i could go trunklidless for a few weeks. Just wouldnt know how id be compensated, if i had to ship or drive it down there. The lid has 1 small dimple on top (dont ask how it got there). Im gonna be switching maximas soon, my 2002 has some kind of bad luck attatched to it. I wish someone would steal it..hahhaha
Old 04-28-2004, 08:38 AM

whoever donates their trunk gets the lid for a lil over 300 or something. i thought about donating my trunk but then i figured that i couldn't be without a trunk lid for over 4 weeks because my sound system would get jacked.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:50 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...478323839&rd=1

looky what i found..... whomever is in on the deal, wanna pitch in and buy this?
Old 05-11-2004, 04:18 AM

This may help

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...478323839&rd=1

looky what i found..... whomever is in on the deal, wanna pitch in and buy this?

Dont give up on this project guys! We need a west coast guy who can donate a trunk lid if possible. I will tell Jose about this post maybe he can jump on it and speed the process for us.

Deac
Old 05-12-2004, 08:26 PM

good news, check the ebay auction.... looked who bought the trunk =)
Old 05-13-2004, 04:22 AM

great

good news, check the ebay auction.... looked who bought the trunk =)

Great news! I sent IONIC this link a couple of days ago and I guess he bought it!. Can you say... "prototype"?!?! We may see one sooner than we all thought!

Deac
Old 05-13-2004, 08:26 PM

yup i can't wait...been waiting a long time....
Old 10-04-2004, 06:47 AM

*bump bump bump*
Old 10-04-2004, 10:50 AM

Cant get in touch

Well I posted that note a while ago didnt I!?!!? Last Time I spoke to Jose was at the very end of August and he told me he was VERY busy but he should have a prototype sometime in September. I've tried to call him a few times to get an update but his voice-mail is always full, his e-mail link is no good and hes not answered my PM yet so...still no news yet. If someone hears something before me, feel free to update the rest of us. I'll keep trying to contact him in the mean-time.

Deac
Old 11-10-2004, 12:08 AM

well guys. I'm taking over chinaonnitrous1's payments. and hopefully this lid will be done soon
Old 11-10-2004, 02:00 PM

ya, i got your email and added you to my list.... we need to find Jason Sadler...to see who actually donated the 50 for a donor trunk....there is some pricing issues we are trying to take care of....

Quick Reply: 5th Gen CF Trunk Project?!?