5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Maxima vs A6 2.7T (reply)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 08:16 PM

Maxima vs A6 2.7T (reply)

For some reason my post a few days ago was "closed."
Seems the moderators on this forum are a bit to...controlling, dictator-like...anyway.

Thanks for those who replied to my question. As I stated, I did not buy the Audi, but was just curious.

Magazine tests give you a "baseline" at best. Nobody responded with results of an actual "race" or "run" with on either on the street or at the track.

Anyway, I have a feeling my hunches would be correct as to the result.
The Audi's are fast off the line (awd help) and the twin turbos probably give it a great pull from 2K to 5K, but would suspect it to run out of breath above that (due to it's weight).

I think it's a bit too bad Audi "quit" the turbo route to go for the big V8 route.
I'd think a turboed version of their (VW's) new 3.2 liter VR6, would make one heck of a screamer...and weigh a lot less too!

Thanks again, maybe I'll give one a go (safely) sometime.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:32 PM
retired moderator

There are plenty of ricer forums out there to discuss street racing. Street racing is lame and endangers people, I don't care how good of a driver you are......if you're gonna race go to the track.

Your thread was locked because Maxima.org does not allow threads about street racing - for a good reason - else we'd have a million street racing threads taking up space (hey guys can I beat a mustang? what if it has headers? what if it has supercharger, etc. etc.)

Also your thread started getting into detail discussion about Audis. Last I checked this is a maxima forum. If you wanna talk Audi, go to an audi forum. That's reason #2 it got locked.

Also - who races Audi A6's? If you can afford one, you didn't buy it for the speed, you bought it for luxury. People with that kind of $$ to spend who want to go fast can afford a fast car.

Finally, I think you will find that the general consensus of most people here on the org is "don't ask if you can beat another car, just race it and find out...."

And I will admit I think I posted in your last thread about the Audi so I need to take my own advice as well....

I.B.T.L. once again.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:49 PM

IBTL

Find an Audi and play a bit. My hunch is that they will be great at higher speeds.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:54 PM

It's a stupid, hypocritical policy to begin with. I don't condone street racing but c'mon, you are allowed to talk about putting turbos and SCs that give the car 350+ HP. And where are most of the owners of theses souped up cars going to use all this extra power? At the track only? I doubt it. And the fact that a stock Maxima is pretty quick anyway, this argument applies to all of us.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Oh hi....

Originally Posted by Driver72
For some reason my post a few days ago was "closed."
HINT HINT

IBTL
Old 04-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Got Bent?

You think that we are dictators? hehehe... try posting your original thread in any one of the other forums and see if it even gets to 3 replies before it gets locked or deleted. Simple fact is that the thread went OT... this is not a forum to discuss all automobiles... it is for the 5th gen maxima. Given that, I understand comparisons between other cars will come up. My general unwritten policy has been that I'll let them go for a little bit as long as there is useful information being discussed. Once it goes OT, it is locked. Given this leniency, I don't think you guys have any room to complain about being too strict... after all, it takes more effort to monitor a thread than to simply lock/delete all OT threads.

As for street racing threads... my policy is...

Old 04-29-2004, 04:59 PM
drag racing is for wussies

Audiworld forums suck to tell ya the truth. Peoples EGOS are huge, they think their cars are like even hard to describe with words GOOD. U will see stories like my 1.8L Turbo AWD AUTO stock A4 beat a C5 Vette. I mean its just pointless crap they write there. As far as Audis go- PM me bout any model and I will list ya a loooong list of what goes wrong and how much it all costs to fix. Hmm just for refference today I did brakes on a 00 I30t at work- my cost on rotors was 25 bux each from autoparts store- Brembo blanks, and 34 bux for Pads from Nissan- that a total of 84 bux for brakes on the front. Audi S4 rotors go for 180 each and brake pads go for 200 bux that is a total of 600 dollars.... is it really worth it thou ?? in the long run Maxima will be cheaper and more reliable. Who cares if out of the box they look nice and all. 10 years down the road see which one still runs.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

[QUOTE=Driver72]For some reason my post a few days ago was "closed."
Seems the moderators on this forum are a bit to...controlling, dictator-like...anyway.

I don't think mod bashing is a good idea. Unless you don't want to post anymore.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:08 PM
† ErV †

:attention
there we go in order of events so far

Old 04-29-2004, 06:10 PM

I think it's funny because ever since I sold my max and got a GS430; i've been eating the Audi's like fire consuming a marshmello.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:31 PM
VQ Wizard

Audis are fun to drive and nice to look at. But whoever designs them smokes week all day long and doesn't have to work on their own crap.