5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

The Comeback

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 06:20 AM

The Comeback

This is funny. I was supposed to be gone, but some you made some dumb posts that needs to be responded to. All of you maxima folks that swear your maxima is so tight and so fast. To me, Nissan’s quality has depreciated over the years. To me, the 00, 01 maxima was the worst cuz of all of the problems they had. Even the 02 and 03 suck a bit also. Who wants to put up with freakin sensors going bad all the time, or ignition coils going bad that costs an arm and a leg to repair, or the stupid warped rotors that are crap to begin with, or the retarded rattles that makes you really wonder about how much time Nissan put into the car. Or what about the cheap tires that are really a safety hazard in the rain let alone snow. Oh, and don’t forget the paint, or should I call it watercolors. The low quality paint chips and blemishes as if it were still wet. And for your information, only about 2 percent of those acura’s had tranny problems. And at least acura will stand behind their products and just REPLACE THE WHOLE TRANNY and not jive like Nissan and replace maybye 1 SOLENOID or a DROP RESISTOR but not really just replace the WHOLE FAULTY UNIT!!!! How many of you guy’s trannies are slipping, hunting for gears, banging into gears? How many times have you taken it back (8 times perhaps) but have still had the same problems? Service techs are dumb. They don’t know everything. Whenever your car loses power and you bring it in, they always’s ask you the same dumb question “What octane gas are you using?”. And you always give the same answer “93” and they just say “Well we’ll take a look at it”. Your car is stuck at the dealer all day long and then when you pick it up at 7 later that night they always’s say “We can’t seem to duplicate a problem” “It drives fine”. But driving like a grandma and only getting 250 miles to a full tank after you’ve changed the SPARK PLUGS, IGNITION COILS (all six), FUEL FILTER, MAF SENSOR, your car is not alright. And I am speaking from experience, because I have been through all of this. Yes, the maxima is fast, but who really cares if half of the time it doesn’t run like it’s supposed to?? Then some of you on here put your Y pipes, intakes, headers, Cat exhausts, and blab blab. Then the next week, your on here crying and whining “What’s wrong with my car?” “My trannies blown!” “Nissan voided my warranty”. You all should take a note, this car was not made or designed for it to be “hooked up”. It barely runs good stock, and even stock the maf still goes bad. This mid twenty to thirty thousand car should be more of high quality than this. Or why should Nissan spend the extra money for stronger tranny’s or mafs when they still know that people will buy them anyway and just hook up a sedan that wasn’t meant to be hooked up. Sometimes on this board when I would ask legit questions, such as how to fix a LEGIT problem, I wouldn’t get any replies. But let someone with a topic of “Last night I killed a Grand Prix” or “Update: YPipe gains” or “1/4 mile times” then that thread would get flooded with responses. My thing is who really cares, there’s ALWAYS’S gonna be a sedan faster than yours each year with the horsepower race. You cant really do like 100 anyway unless you wanna give up your liscence, spend some nights in jail, or pay crazy insurance prices. You guy’s wanna race, get a viper or another REAL sports car. You can’t afford one of those, then it was meant to be for your butt’s to be driving the speed limit and not ******* your FAMILY CAR! Then after you throw like 100 mods into it, your ready to sell it which was not an investment but you really lost money into the car that depreciates like a Saturn.

So in conclusion, im going to boast about my TL, because in 5 years when it’s still running strong and you guy’s are on your 4th maxima, the money I saved in my pockets will boast more. Not to mention the resale value, the added STANDARD amenities, reliability, fit and finish, lower maintenance…….OOPS SORRY, WASN’T SUPPOSED TO BOAST. All I gotta say is Nissan sucks, and as long as you guy’s on this board keep on thinking that your Maxima is a racing sport’s sedan that should be hooked up, then you suck also.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:28 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Well now, this is quite random. Thanks for coming!
Old 04-30-2004, 06:30 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

man eat a dikk. If your "TL" is so good and Nissans suck, why the *** are you still reading things posted here. I beg to differ on all the things "wrong" with maximas. I've never had any of the problems you've named.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:33 AM

While reading the TL board(acura-tl.com), I noticed they are having paint and tire problems also. Just an observation. I like the looks of the TL, so I'm not a basher. All cars have their problems.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:34 AM
92 SE-R 02 SE

02 no problems. This guy is

Old 04-30-2004, 06:34 AM
Mauja He Mauja

hmm. perhaps you have been deeply hurt. i suggest some counseling sessions.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:39 AM
Got Bent?

completely unecessary

have fun with the Honda and don't let the door hit you on the way out.