5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Door Ding and scratches...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 01:00 PM

Door Ding and scratches...

Unbelievable... after about a month of having my car, things are happeneing to this car that never happened to my old max...
2nd week after buying it my gf neglects to properly park a shopping cart, so it decides to seek vegnence by rolling into my driver side door... the damage was very minor just a light scuff mark. no biggie... although i was tempted to leave her at Target...
Now today as i'm heading outside to see my baby, i notice what looks like dirt on my driver side door. it had rained the other day so i just thought it was some dirt that flung up... no biggie. but upon closer inspection i see that someone decided my car was the perfect door stop... *sigh* i don't know if it happened today or yesterday (it was raining so perhaps i hadn't noticed)
Thats life i guess.
So whats the best way to get rid of the door ding and scratches? i was thinking of purchasing some touch up paint and taking it to a auto body or paint place to have them apply it and then buff it out.. dunno about the ding tho, is it possible to have it taken out? any clue as to how much this would cost?

i need a drink and a pretty girl....

GO here to see the Ill-fated scratch.... i can't tell if its down to the metal or not...
gonna go to a auto body shop and see how much it would be to get it taken care of...
Old 05-04-2004, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Freaknificent
2nd week after buying it my gf neglects to properly park a shopping cart, so it decides to seek vegnence by rolling into my driver side door... ...
your ex-gf now, i hope................. haha jp
Old 05-04-2004, 01:15 PM
† ErV †

100k and one ding.

the secret? stop going to the freaking mall when everyone else is there.

light rubbing compound and paint cleaner followed by wax should fix any smudge marks. as far as scatches, you can try to touch them up if they are deep enough to get through the primer.

Old 05-04-2004, 02:57 PM
mjg

though this should go in detailing forum here ya go:
I use an porter cable orbital, and merdenza polishes (intensive, and final polish)
any swirling, scuffing, or like 100 grit scratches will be unnoticable, or gone . You really need to work on it though. Also, if you keep a fine layer or 2 of wax (3 for the ****) at all times, scratches really wont happen.

My car has been victim to the winter here in NY, idiots that park at schoo, and all that crap. I just make due with what i have, and it looks pretty damn good when i do the detail.