5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

hood flex and cd problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hood flex and cd problems

Hi all...just purchased a 2002 Maxima SE from my brother-in-law and it is a great car. There are couple of questions and was curious if anyone could help me out. As I was driving today, I noticed the hood was flexing and thought the hood might unlatched so I pulled over to check. It was latched properly and called my bro-in-law when I got home. He informed me that he had noticed it too and took it to the Nissan dealer he purchased it from and was told it was a "design flaw". Has anyone else experienced this flexing in their hood?

Also, the cd player will not accept cd's. The cd will start to be pulled in and before it gets all the way in, the drive attempts to start spinning. The cd will then eject. Any ideas????

Thanks for any help in advance.

Joe
Old 05-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by whobber2000
Hi all...just purchased a 2002 Maxima SE from my brother-in-law and it is a great car. There are couple of questions and was curious if anyone could help me out. As I was driving today, I noticed the hood was flexing and thought the hood might unlatched so I pulled over to check. It was latched properly and called my bro-in-law when I got home. He informed me that he had noticed it too and took it to the Nissan dealer he purchased it from and was told it was a "design flaw". Has anyone else experienced this flexing in their hood?

Also, the cd player will not accept cd's. The cd will start to be pulled in and before it gets all the way in, the drive attempts to start spinning. The cd will then eject. Any ideas????

Thanks for any help in advance.

Joe
Not sure what you mean by flexing, but if you mean hood vibration, this is a known issue and they do have a fix for this. Look over this TSB and if the problem they described is similar to what you're seeing, print out the document and take it to the dealership.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

That is great information...thanks...will check w/ the dealer....by flexing, i guess i did mean vibrations..again thanks for the info....any ideas on why the cd player will not accept cd's???
Old 05-11-2004, 01:20 PM

That is great information...thanks...will check w/ the dealer....by flexing, i guess i did mean vibrations..again thanks for the info....any ideas on why the cd player will not accept cd's???
If you have the bose system there have been numerous problems including the one you are having. if it is not the bose i'm not sure. If it is still under warranty take it in. If not an aftermarket deck will be the cheapest alternative.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Not a problem. Credit actually goes to Studman, for putting together all that info.

-Red-
Old 05-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

As a follow up on the CD problem....this is a NON Bose system and the error code that comes up is F-3 on the display...don't know if anyone knows what that means...
Old 05-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

got my hood problem taken care of....dealer was great...even gave me a free oil change...cd still not working, i guess will have to either go after market or get this one fixed...but i don't want to lose the ability to control radio/cd from steering wheel...anyone else have thoughts....
Old 05-26-2004, 04:15 AM

I had the same problem, with the CD player. I took mine in and they pulled it out. Three weeks later, and $100 down, they fixed it and now it works as new. I did not want an after market in there.
-why change the wine inside the bottle and not just replace the whole bottle of wine-
Old 05-26-2004, 08:04 AM

Yeah, this is a common problem with the non-Bose HU. It happened to me a few months ago also. Got it fixed under warranty. I decided to keep the unit until it craps out as opposed to getting an aftermarket one. I believe there is a kit available that allows you to maintain the function of your steering wheel controls with an aftermarket HU. Can't remember what its called....
Old 05-26-2004, 08:14 AM
XGaSpAcHo

I have a similar problem and I believe the error displayed is the same but in my case it only happens with a few of my burned CDs. Regular CDs bought from the store work fine. As far as I can tell they were all burned the same way. Has anyone else has this problem?