5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Eyelid pics?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 05:40 AM
Pointy Elbows

Eyelid pics?

For all of those that bought eyelids from LeftCoast Tuning, can you post pics please?
Anybody with 2k2 headlights on their 2k-2k1's have any clearance issues with the grill? It looks like I may have to trim some of the grill for them to fit.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:44 AM

the leftcoattuning eyelids are not very good. the set i ordered were very flimsy and fit terribly. furthermore, when i contacted them about it they denied it and then ignored my later emails and pms. they guarantee fitment but when there's a fitment issue, they deny it. makes me wonder what the point of the guarantee is? i would be very hesitant about getting these. poor product with poor customer service but overpriced. just my opinion.
Lam
Old 05-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Check my sig. I got the carbon fiber ones. More pics on my homepage.

Mine fit very well. Yes, they're thin but not flimsy. No problems here.....
Old 05-18-2004, 08:58 AM
I miss the .org!

Blk2kMAXSE: What you're doing is libel, and is on the verge of harrassment. Stop.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Blk2kMAXSE: What you're doing is libel, and is on the verge of harrassment. Stop.
how is it libel when everything i said actually happened? harassment??? u can't be serious. i'm just informing the maxima community of your business practices. these comments are not directed towards u but to the maxima community. what u did was fraud and u need to be very careful.
Lam
Old 05-18-2004, 08:14 PM

truth hurts...........

people need to know
Old 05-18-2004, 08:23 PM

ROFL dude go to school for law then keep your mouth shut. Tkx Blk2kMAXSE for the heads up.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:25 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

He is lying. If I ran over my eyelids, theyt would also fit like crap. I have been on this forum for 2+ years, and I have flamed many Org sellers...They eyelids fit perfectly. Left Coast tuning has lots of satisfied members. One rogue guy , who doesnt have proper communication skills, shouldnt bring down one seller..........I see most of you are newbies...
Old 05-18-2004, 09:48 PM

u have no idea what you're talkin about. your eyelids may have fit but mine didnt. the eyelids come out of the mold and as the mold gets older, the shape of the eyelids tend to change slightly. please dont respond if u dont know whats goin on. exactly how much do u know about my communication skills? i sent emails and pms for over 2 weeks. please get your facts straight before u say anything.
Lam
Old 05-18-2004, 09:50 PM

dude, Triple8Sol has over 4000 posts and people know him well...I dont think hes trying to cheat anyone. Just calm down... If you have a problem, did you take some pics and show it to him? Im sure hes a nice person and you two started off the wrong way...

Originally Posted by Blk2kMAXSE
how is it libel when everything i said actually happened? harassment??? u can't be serious. i'm just informing the maxima community of your business practices. these comments are not directed towards u but to the maxima community. what u did was fraud and u need to be very careful.
Lam
Old 05-18-2004, 09:51 PM

Your maxima looks very good!

u have no idea what you're talkin about. your eyelids may have fit but mine didnt. the eyelids come out of the mold and as the mold gets older, the shape of the eyelids tend to change slightly. please dont respond if u dont know whats goin on. exactly how much do u know about my communication skills? i sent emails and pms for over 2 weeks. please get your facts straight before u say anything.
Lam
Old 05-18-2004, 09:52 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Listen Pal.....dont school me on what I can and cant say. I will speak my mind , as to the product that I have. If anyone wants to see more pictures, LMK....I will show you how they fit..
Old 05-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Don't worry Triple8Sol. I dought possible buyers have been scared off my all this negative publicity. I'm still in the market for these, but I first have to get my kit painted...... but now there is such a goo deal on DDEs I may have to buy those first.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:58 PM

Triple8Sol, how many complaints verus costomers have you gotten?
Old 05-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

so whats the REAL story...did he get bad eyelids or did he f.uck them up himself?
Old 05-18-2004, 10:01 PM

K pazz, the real story would be which side you take.. I, still have no clue what the story even is.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:04 PM

I'v seen kloogy eyelids and they fit fine looks nice
Old 05-18-2004, 10:34 PM

To Lam Dam and others: We didn't want to air the details, but it seems that we have no choice.

He claims the eyelids didn't fit well. Yet they fit well enough for him to drive around with them on, until only one side fell off and he RAN IT OVER and broke it!

It would be safe to jump to the conclusion that you carelessly slapped them on, and after they broke you decided to try and scam a free replacement. These things are molded to fit the headlight perfectly, so it takes a little "wiggling" and we recommend 3M double-sided tape for installation. Like any other company, unfortuanately we cannot be responsible for installation error on your part.

Now, we'd rather give you the benefit of the doubt, but in this case our hands are still tied. You need to contact the seller right away with issues, not later on after you installed it and drove around with it for awhile until it supposedly "fell off." There is no way for us to verify your issues now.

I am confident our other customers will testify that they have NO fitment issues, and I can't speak for them, but I hope they were satisfied that we did our best with customer service.

Just like in your case, we went back and forth in PM's/Emails many, many times. After we made the situation crystal clear, you kept asking the same questions over and over. All you had to do was check our previous correspondence for the answers.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:39 PM

Hope this helps clear things up. I know most of the OG's know better but I can see how the skewed view represented in his posts can be misleading.

btw, we visually inspected ALL the eyelids in that batch, and test fitted 2 sets. All made from the same brand new mold.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

Originally Posted by LeftCoastTuning
To Lam Dam and others: We didn't want to air the details, but it seems that we have no choice.

He claims the eyelids didn't fit well. Yet they fit well enough for him to drive around with them on, until only one side fell off and he RAN IT OVER and broke it!

It would be safe to jump to the conclusion that you carelessly slapped them on, and after they broke you decided to try and scam a free replacement. These things are molded to fit the headlight perfectly, so it takes a little "wiggling" and we recommend 3M double-sided tape for installation. Like any other company, unfortuanately we cannot be responsible for installation error on your part.

Now, we'd rather give you the benefit of the doubt, but in this case our hands are still tied. You need to contact the seller right away with issues, not later on after you installed it and drove around with it for awhile until it supposedly "fell off." There is no way for us to verify your issues now.

I am confident our other customers will testify that they have NO fitment issues, and I can't speak for them, but I hope they were satisfied that we did our best with customer service.

Just like in your case, we went back and forth in PM's/Emails many, many times. After we made the situation crystal clear, you kept asking the same questions over and over. All you had to do was check our previous correspondence for the answers.

btw, we visually inspected ALL the eyelids in that batch, and test fitted 2 sets. All made from the same brand new mold.
Same with a molded dash kit. The specifically state test fit first. Once applied and doesn't fit you have to buy a new piece.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:46 PM

well if this is the story, then Blk2kMAXSE is wrong for installing them on car & driving around with them.....

common sense, is to test fit & if its bad, DO NOT install them & contact seller for replacement.

i wouldnt replace them either if I was the seller & this was the situation!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:46 PM

r u kidding me? when did u ever contact me. the only response i received was right after i contacted u. u told me u would get back to me. now, if you're really telling the truth, prove that u contacted me. i have pm receipts from sending u guys pms, can u show receipts proving u responded? this would be very interesting to see. i contacted triple8sol numerous times about getting a contact number, even had a thread about it and when he finally responded, no contact number was given. now i do still have one perfectly good eyelid that u can inspect and see did not fit well. as for the other eyelid, only about 3 inches are broken off so u can inspect the rest of that one. if there are no other cracks on it then the remaining portion should still fit "perfectly". explain to me how u can look at an eyelid and tell that it fits proplerly. u can't guarantee fitment unless u test fit all of them which u admit that u did not do. this is ridiculous. y dont u step up to the plate and admit fault?
Lam
Old 05-18-2004, 11:24 PM

Why don't you provide a pic of how the eyelids don't fit? Just don't talk ****, show us.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:29 PM

same reason i have no recent pics of my air bags, cf hood, fiberglass work etc... no digi cam. but i would be more then happy to send the eyelids back for inspection.
Lam
Old 05-19-2004, 03:38 AM

I am not on any sides and im still trying to make sense of all of this and I just hope my opinion matters. Leftcoast, I think if you really want BLK2k off your back, find the PMs you sent. And I was thinking about this last night, what if somehow out of all the perfect eyelids you made, one was bad.... its like buying a honda.. you know you are buying a reliable car.. but theres always one or two that has every single thing wrong with it. Look, BLK2k trusted in your company for those eyelids, and you should have the same trust back in your customers... If you think hes trying to scam you for a free one, why not offer him one for the price it costs you make them.

To Blk2kMAXSE. If you did install them wrong, Leftcoast has no obligation to help you whatsoever... like if I buy rims and i forget to screw them on right and they fall off... that would be my fault, and not the maker of the rims.

I, like many other members, are confused about what the truth really is.... But then I realize all this is over one measly eyelid.. Take a look at yourselfs.. one eyelid... Its not a life saving kidney... but an eyelid.... for a car. So my question is, why isnt the solution to this whole thing as simple?

Old 05-19-2004, 08:00 AM

Hi All,
Not knowing the truth, and only the buyer/seller know that, I offer an opinion. If I were trying to launch a new product such as these eyelids, and they look like a great product, I would lean towards giving the customer the benefit of the doubt. Yes, there are those that will always try and scam a new item when they know the failure was their own error, but they are the minority. Sending the customer a replacement is the best solution in the long run. If he is truthful in his claims, then this sends a positive image of good customer service. If he is untruthful, bad karma will catch up with him and he’s only disrespecting himself. Either way the manufacturer avoids blown out of proportion negative publicity report that could cost the sale of many pairs of eyelids, via suspicions alone, over the cost of a single replacement. When you consider the valued time the manufacturer has spent on thread responses alone, it already cost much more than the cost of a single replacement.
I personally wouldn’t “argue” this in such an open forum. I would not let this “he said - she said” scenario impact my decision to purchase them either. If there is really a fit problem then it would present itself in numbers. I would have forwarded photo’s that clearly show issues “during” installation, save all the original product packaging, and have faith that the manufacturer would stand behind the product (and I believe they would). It has worked for me in the past. I as the manufacturer though would also modify enclosed literature (perhaps it’s already specified) to require the defective product be returned for quality assurance evaluation before a decision is made. If evidence of misapplication or abuse was obvious then I would firmly deny replacement, but if it were at all questionable, I would replace it and consider it an investment in product success.
Handling the situation with tact and professionalism on both the part of the buyer and seller, and initially having faith in the honesty of people in general, goes a long way with building good customer / manufacturer relations. Also, Please also consider everyone’s right to free speech before slamming the buyer for expressing his experience. On the same token, as the buyer, and as not to risk the appearance of being slanderous, choose your words and tone carefully as not to destroy your own credibility or the credibility of the company. It’s also important not to undermine the intended use of the forums with “argument”. I think it’s a very valuable source for stating opinions, facts, and suggestions, and hate to see that cheapened.

I offer the suggestion that the buyer and seller take the argument off line.

Regards to all, “Skier”
Old 05-19-2004, 09:20 AM

Old 05-19-2004, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Skier
When you consider the valued time the manufacturer has spent on thread responses alone, it already cost much more than the cost of a single replacement.
You're right, Skier, that buying Blk2kMAXSE a new pair of eyelids would close the discussion quickly. If we were Crutchfield or Walmart or someone with deep pockets... but we're two guys with day jobs and our own cars to work on, giving up a lot of our free time to try and bring some quality new products to the Maxima community.

We're perfectionists and so is our manufacturer, and i can't tell you how many times Triple8Sol drove 40 miles across town to pop his headlights out or leave his car there to test-fit the prototypes. We wouldn't sell them if we weren't happy with the quality and fit. The members of this board are our colleagues and friends; we have no desire to mislead or discourage any of them.

We can't lobby our manufacturer for a new pair of eyelids if they've already been glued and broken; our hands are tied.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by kloogy
He is lying. If I ran over my eyelids, theyt would also fit like crap. I have been on this forum for 2+ years, and I have flamed many Org sellers...They eyelids fit perfectly. Left Coast tuning has lots of satisfied members. One rogue guy , who doesnt have proper communication skills, shouldnt bring down one seller..........I see most of you are newbies...

i disagree.... just because they have plenty of satisfied customers doesn't mean you can just disregard the minority who have complaints. if leftcoasttuning can provide proof that they tried to settle this privately with the buyer, im sure that would discredit the buyer's claims and this will soon be over.......

and kloogy, why does it matter if they are newbies.... they have a right to decide for themselves if leftcoasttuning is trustworthy or not.... just because the seller has been on the org a long time doesnt mean he's automatically entitled to everyone's trust (look what happened with maxxtuning)...
Old 05-19-2004, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Skier
Hi All,
Not knowing the truth, and only the buyer/seller know that, I offer an opinion. If I were trying to launch a new product such as these eyelids, and they look like a great product, I would lean towards giving the customer the benefit of the doubt. Yes, there are those that will always try and scam a new item when they know the failure was their own error, but they are the minority. Sending the customer a replacement is the best solution in the long run. If he is truthful in his claims, then this sends a positive image of good customer service. If he is untruthful, bad karma will catch up with him and he’s only disrespecting himself. Either way the manufacturer avoids blown out of proportion negative publicity report that could cost the sale of many pairs of eyelids, via suspicions alone, over the cost of a single replacement. When you consider the valued time the manufacturer has spent on thread responses alone, it already cost much more than the cost of a single replacement.
I personally wouldn’t “argue” this in such an open forum. I would not let this “he said - she said” scenario impact my decision to purchase them either. If there is really a fit problem then it would present itself in numbers. I would have forwarded photo’s that clearly show issues “during” installation, save all the original product packaging, and have faith that the manufacturer would stand behind the product (and I believe they would). It has worked for me in the past. I as the manufacturer though would also modify enclosed literature (perhaps it’s already specified) to require the defective product be returned for quality assurance evaluation before a decision is made. If evidence of misapplication or abuse was obvious then I would firmly deny replacement, but if it were at all questionable, I would replace it and consider it an investment in product success.
Handling the situation with tact and professionalism on both the part of the buyer and seller, and initially having faith in the honesty of people in general, goes a long way with building good customer / manufacturer relations. Also, Please also consider everyone’s right to free speech before slamming the buyer for expressing his experience. On the same token, as the buyer, and as not to risk the appearance of being slanderous, choose your words and tone carefully as not to destroy your own credibility or the credibility of the company. It’s also important not to undermine the intended use of the forums with “argument”. I think it’s a very valuable source for stating opinions, facts, and suggestions, and hate to see that cheapened.

I offer the suggestion that the buyer and seller take the argument off line.

Regards to all, “Skier”
everything your saying is completely right. i would like to stress that i tried repeatedly to contact them thru pms and emails and none were returned. i asked repeatedly for a contact number and it was never given. this was a last resort. when writing what i did, i was very careful to note that this was my personal experience and my opinion of the product and company. everything ive said is true. pms are available if anyone is curious.
Lam
Old 05-19-2004, 11:51 AM

how much are these eyelids? I want the paintable ones.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:10 PM
I miss the .org!

Thought you'd never ask

http://www.leftcoasttuning.com/produ...yelids_Curved/

http://www.leftcoasttuning.com/produ...lids_Straight/
Old 05-19-2004, 12:21 PM

dang a lil pricey. Any time soon will there be a GD or something?
Old 05-19-2004, 01:18 PM

It would be safe to jump to the conclusion that you carelessly slapped them on, and after they broke you decided to try and scam a free replacement.

Im sorry but any company that automatically assumes the customer, not themselves at fault definetely shows bad business practices. Remember, the customer is always right....
Old 05-19-2004, 01:57 PM

haha, igor just ignored all the drama in this thread..

Originally Posted by Igor911
how much are these eyelids? I want the paintable ones.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:00 PM

If its not their fault, then its not bad business practices.... and if I bought a tv at circuit city, ran over it, and said that it happened by itself, circuit city is not gonna say "the customer is always right"

Im not taking any side, just looking at it from both sides.

Originally Posted by gsumax
Im sorry but any company that automatically assumes the customer, not themselves at fault definetely shows bad business practices. Remember, the customer is always right....
Old 05-19-2004, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
If its not their fault, then its not bad business practices.... and if I bought a tv at circuit city, ran over it, and said that it happened by itself, circuit city is not gonna say "the customer is always right"

if u bought an indash tv from circuit city, installed it and the motor didnt work, would they blame u for installing it wrong? they could just say that u did something to break the motor but they wouldnt. that's the whole point. i had the eyelids on my car for a total of 15 mins, not days or months like they would like everyone to believe. they admit themselves that only 2 eyelids were test fitted and the rest were visually inspected. i would love to know how u can visually inspect an eyelid and see that it fits perfectly. absolutely ridiculous excuse. i'm not attacking u oxidizer, i know you're trying to see this from both perspectives but this whole experience is absolutely ridiculous.

"we're not walmart or crutchfield so we can't stand behind our product."

Lam
Old 05-19-2004, 05:18 PM

haha, igor just ignored all the drama in this thread..
i don't care much for drama that I don't start

I just wanted facts.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:43 PM

True, but you cant expect products to be 100% fault proof. Every company has a few bad apples. Thats why companies set aside money specifically for warranty issues. They shouldnt automatically assume that it was the customers fault and ignore the fact that the product could have been faulty. Thats not how it works.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:44 PM

trust me man, I know your are not attacking me, even if you were.. I wouldnt get offended, i just write back something nice.... like "ill kill you" or "you gonna die" ... im a farely peaceful man...

if u bought an indash tv from circuit city, installed it and the motor didnt work, would they blame u for installing it wrong? they could just say that u did something to break the motor but they wouldnt. that's the whole point. i had the eyelids on my car for a total of 15 mins, not days or months like they would like everyone to believe. they admit themselves that only 2 eyelids were test fitted and the rest were visually inspected. i would love to know how u can visually inspect an eyelid and see that it fits perfectly. absolutely ridiculous excuse. i'm not attacking u oxidizer, i know you're trying to see this from both perspectives but this whole experience is absolutely ridiculous.

"we're not walmart or crutchfield so we can't stand behind our product."

Lam

Quick Reply: Eyelid pics?