5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Energy Suspension Motor Mount Preview Pics....

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 04:49 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Energy Suspension Motor Mount Preview Pics....

just received them today....they look nice...and hey, they match the recurring RED color scheme of our cars

looking by the pics, you can see how the grooves are there for reducing vibration while at idle.

the idea behind installation is going to be using a press to put the new filled mount while at the same time, removing the stock fill. also note the very funny sense of humor our rep has......

as you can see, we're on a roll....shifter bushing kit arriving late this week/early next week....who's happy....I SURE AM!!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Tell us if the wheel hop disappears completely

These motor mounts are poly-urethane filled right?

~limsandy
Old 05-18-2004, 05:02 PM

Marco "the Monkey" Galvis?!
Old 05-18-2004, 05:08 PM
The Definitive AE Master

nice motor mounts, bad name
Old 05-18-2004, 05:59 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by limsandy
Tell us if the wheel hop disappears completely

These motor mounts are poly-urethane filled right?

~limsandy
yes they are....they should...we'll see...i'm goin away this weekend, so installation is tentative for the following week. prolly same time i receive my shifter bushings.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:08 PM

We definetly need a write up for this.

They look good.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:16 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Marcopolo,

make sure you get pics !!!

Thanks
Old 05-19-2004, 06:02 AM

Looks like you've built somewhat of a relationship with Energy Suspension.... So who are they? do they have a website? how much do these mounts cost? Who can use these mounts? (I know I hear alot about people worried about electronic mounts vs. regular mounts, AT mounts vs. MT mounts, etc)
Old 05-19-2004, 06:11 AM

Let me know if you still get more of a viabration at idle.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:36 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by richspidizzy
Looks like you've built somewhat of a relationship with Energy Suspension.... So who are they? do they have a website? how much do these mounts cost? Who can use these mounts? (I know I hear alot about people worried about electronic mounts vs. regular mounts, AT mounts vs. MT mounts, etc)
they've been around for some time now...they've been doing suspension upgrades for most of the popular imports for quite some time now. motor mounts, control arm, ball joints, etc.... they're made of better quality material (polyeurathane) which absorb more of an impact rather than just creating a joint that is usually pretty stiff on stock components. this also doesn't let that much of the imperfections travel up the suspension components, better for both the motor and the car. motorwise, it should, with the aid of the motor mounts, help reduce wheel hop. carwise, the ride should feel better in all aspects.

as far as worries about AT vs. MT mounts, they're only doing MT cars. whether they'll expand to AT is unknown to me.

www.energysuspension.com

prices are unknown to me. not even sure how they plan to braek it down, but they will be offering a "full kit" which covers all aspects of the suspension bushings.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:23 AM

good work........
Old 05-19-2004, 08:38 AM

great work. i am definitely down to buy these ES motor mounts if it eliminates or drastically reduces wheel hop. Can't wait for the official release.

keep us posted if you have any new info.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:02 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

My sound like stupid question but aren't all the motor mounts the same size. The manual to auto mount isn't it just the different way it's mounted. Would these fit in all 5th gen's or just you lucky 5.5 gens.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:18 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by MyownNismo
My sound like stupid question but aren't all the motor mounts the same size. The manual to auto mount isn't it just the different way it's mounted. Would these fit in all 5th gen's or just you lucky 5.5 gens.
these SHOULD fit all 5th gens, and even all 4th gens as well since it seems they are all the same. as a confirmation though, when the 5 speed 5th gen is brought in for it's bushings, all the other suspension pieces, along with motor mounts, will be checked for fitness. nothing's gettin overlooked. not even "well i heard" and work off that.

as far as why MT's only. i'm sure AT's are the same as well, b ut since they are electronically controlled, they're not messing with it. if you want to put it in there, then that's where their disclaimer comes in. i'm sure i've read here that the at/mt mounts are the same.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by PoLo
these SHOULD fit all 5th gens, and even all 4th gens as well since it seems they are all the same. as a confirmation though, when the 5 speed 5th gen is brought in for it's bushings, all the other suspension pieces, along with motor mounts, will be checked for fitness. nothing's gettin overlooked. not even "well i heard" and work off that.

as far as why MT's only. i'm sure AT's are the same as well, b ut since they are electronically controlled, they're not messing with it. if you want to put it in there, then that's where their disclaimer comes in. i'm sure i've read here that the at/mt mounts are the same.
The OEM motor mounts for M/T applications are not electronic?
Old 05-19-2004, 10:15 AM

I've seen pictures people drained the liquid/gel from AT motor mount and replace it with the ones from MT. It should work from 4th gen all the way to 5.5 gen.

~limsandy
Old 05-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

I've seen pictures people drained the liquid/gel from AT motor mount and replace it with the ones from MT. It should work from 4th gen all the way to 5.5 gen.

~limsandy
where's the wire that runs from motor mount. I want to see if I have the electronic ones.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by MyownNismo
where's the wire that runs from motor mount. I want to see if I have the electronic ones.
How do you have the electronic motor mounts??? I believe I just have the regular luquid motor mounts on my car but not really sure. My car is a AT BTW, do anybody make mounts besides Place Racing & Cattman?????? Need them kinda bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2004, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by slammed95
The electronic mounts are only used on autos. It softens up when you come to a stop so the car doesn't shake from being in "D". Once you get moving it stiffens up.
Oh, so that's what I was feeling when my car stops.!!!!!!!! Thanks for telling me.!!!!!!!!!! You think I still should get some heavy duty ones, or just buy th oem ones?????????
Old 05-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

I think I've died and gone to heaven.

These are going to be AWESOME~!!!!!

Now just work on them for a Group Buy.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:02 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by Ghase
do anybody make mounts besides Place Racing & Cattman??????
what do you think this thread is about buddy...
Old 05-20-2004, 05:10 AM
2-Wheelin it...

BIG change of plans. i wasn't planning on putting these on until the following weekend because i was going away tomorow morning (rhode island) until sunday nite. anywho, i just got a ride and we're leaving at 1pm, which means tomorow 8am i'm gonna be at the shop where they will be doing the mounts.

only reason i am taking it to the shop is because i do not have a press.
it should not take longer than 20 minutes for the whole job. the process is simply to push the new mounts in while removing the old ones. i take it that isn't an easy job, as the diagram shows that a press is needed and my gues is that these things will be so tightly stuffed in there to make sure they stay there.

anyways, this is good news, because all next week i'll be driving around in these. and results will arrive much sooner than 2 weeks from now.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:13 AM

anyways, this is good news, because all next week i'll be driving around in these. and results will arrive much sooner than 2 weeks from now.
What happened? I thought results were arriving much sooner than two weeks from then? (not that it matters to me... darn AT)
Old 06-02-2004, 10:18 AM

I thought u had debts to pay off....

HeHe...keep on spending bro.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:20 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by richspidizzy
What happened? I thought results were arriving much sooner than two weeks from then? (not that it matters to me... darn AT)
those plans got ruined because i was stuck in what was a 20 minute drive into a 3 hour traffic jam. got home, packed, and went to rhode island. following weekend (this past weekend) it rained, with a few spots of sun, but again, was unable to get the mounts put on. with this weather, i haven't even had a chance to take off the crossmember. believe me, i'm just as eager. i should get this done fairly soon.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:25 AM

Procrastinator!

~limsandy
Old 06-02-2004, 11:29 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Procrastinator!

~limsandy

i'll make it a point to remove the crossmember between now and friday nite. sat. morning wake up bright n early and get the new mounts pressed in, and i should be able to drive to the jersey meet with the new mounts. hows that.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:39 AM

Hey, put that car in the garage and work on it.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:48 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by MacAlert
Hey, put that car in the garage and work on it.
would you believe this SOB doesn't fit in the garage. the CR-V fits, but this maxipad don't. and i won't leave the garage open at nite. got too many lil jerks snoopin around the neighborhood.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:50 AM

i'll make it a point to remove the crossmember between now and friday nite. sat. morning wake up bright n early and get the new mounts pressed in, and i should be able to drive to the jersey meet with the new mounts. hows that.
your letting some guy from the other side of the country provoke you into getting the mounts done?????

So much for skipping on the caravan to sleep in late
Old 06-08-2004, 05:46 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Done!

motor moutns installed. made new thread to continue discussion:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=316784