5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Can a Xterra supercharger work on are engines?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 04:14 AM

Can a Xterra supercharger work on are engines?

My friend called me up and said he has a Xterra engine that is at his shop , he asked if the supercharger could work with our VQ 3.5, i honestly didn't know the awnser to his questions so i am asking you gusy if you knew? Thanks..
Old 05-19-2004, 04:19 AM

I was wondering the same question. anyone know?
Old 05-19-2004, 04:22 AM

Oh yeah and Rafe, its fine that you do the street racing, people here also do it, but we dont promote it... Maybe you are the best driver in the world, but it may be the person you race against that **** up and runs into you killing you both, or fishtails and hits a person that could be walking in the street.. I think Manny was just saying you shouldnt promote street racing even if other people are doing it.. i didnt read the thread, but a lot of mannys post can come out the wrong way because hes rude... j/k manny
Old 05-19-2004, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
Oh yeah and Rafe, its fine that you do the street racing, people here also do it, but we dont promote it... Maybe you are the best driver in the world, but it may be the person you race against that **** up and runs into you killing you both, or fishtails and hits a person that could be walking in the street.. I think Manny was just saying you shouldnt promote street racing even if other people are doing it.. i didnt read the thread, but a lot of mannys post can come out the wrong way because hes rude... j/k manny

Oh i know that people can mess you up or worse, 5 years ago i was in my 86 Zturbo downtown Orlando, sun just had gone down, streets were still fairly wet form a good rain. This guy and his grilfriend pulled up next to me at the light in a souped up caviler revving hard, i wasn't going to race them , to many factors involved to go wrong. I could here his girlfriend yelling at him to stop revving his engine, when the light turned green he took off , i took off normal. This guy was hauling *** down this wet street , i don't think the guy new at the end of the streets there was a wicked S-curve at the end. When he hit that S-curve , his car went into a uncontrollable spin and he hit the curve so hard , and so percise the curve sheared of his front and back wheels off the axle. His girl firend was screaming like she been shot , he was dazed and confused. I called 911 for them and left.

Two things came to mind , 1- that could of been me, 2- what if i was racing him, hit the breaks at the s-curve and he crashed and the somebody reprted two cars were racing , and i left the scene. Then Johnny law would have been hunting me down.

Intown racing has always been a no-no for me, seen to many things go wrong. Even on the highway it is risky, most of the time i like to run with other cars going fast, but not actually racing, more like keeping up pace with one another.
A race to me is when the other pseron gives you visual contact that he want to run, or he flashes you with his flashers or high beams to run ,other than that, i am a very enthusiastic driver and love driving. Can't wait to get my TT Z back in the fall! Sweeter times will be here again!!!!

Yeah my buddy has this engine out of smashed supercharged Xsterra, sure would hate to waist a pefectly good supercharger system , if it could fit.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:48 AM

oh yeah, supercharger something...something..

I do street racing too, when the road is clear.. But I dont talk about it here or anywhere else because I dont want someone whos never done it before, or has no experience to go out and race and end up killing themselves or somone I know.. I keep it to myself for my own pleasure.. and I try to limit myself to a certain speed... and oh yeah, supercharger...

just becareful out there man, theres always going to be someone faster, so theres no need to prove yourself...

I was thinking while writing this post.. if the supercharger of the Xterra was compatable, these smart guys here at the org would have done it already..
Old 05-19-2004, 05:04 AM

i think the supercharger on the Xterra is a eaton, and it's mated to the VG30? someone please correct me if i'm mistaken.. However in this case as in all, the age old adage applies..

"Anything is possible, with enough money"
Old 05-19-2004, 05:06 AM
Cletus

the engine sits front to back (whatever thats called) instead of transverse like ours. the supercharger sits on top of the engine block. it would take ALOT of work to get it to work on our car.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

dedicate a thread to me?.....Softie

Like Kloogy would say...."time to grow a sack"
Old 05-19-2004, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chinkzilla
i think the supercharger on the Xterra is a eaton, and it's mated to the VG30? someone please correct me if i'm mistaken.. However in this case as in all, the age old adage applies..

"Anything is possible, with enough money"

Yeah , my friend called Nissan and its a Vg30 that it is mated too. Oh well it was worth a try , i guess the N/A 300ZX guys could use it.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:25 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by Rafe
Yeah , my friend called Nissan and its a Vg30 that it is mated too. Oh well it was worth a try , i guess the N/A 300ZX guys could use it.
might be a VG30 block but its a VG33 that they use in the xterra. whether its charged or not, its only v6 they have.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:32 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Won't work without extensive modification...will not fit as is.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Won't work without extensive modification...will not fit as is.
Ah, its ok, anybody need an frontier motor? I am sure my friend will let it go for a reasonable price...

Speaking about motors , you ever changed the back sparkplugs in our cars? Looks like the manifold has to come off, is there any gaskets that have to replaced if the manifold comes off attactched to the air inlet pipes? I am going to do the job myself but i hate get in there and rip a gasket if there is one in there. Looks like a 2 hour job to do..
Old 05-19-2004, 08:07 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by Rafe
Ah, its ok, anybody need an frontier motor? I am sure my friend will let it go for a reasonable price...

Speaking about motors , you ever changed the back sparkplugs in our cars? Looks like the manifold has to come off, is there any gaskets that have to replaced if the manifold comes off attactched to the air inlet pipes? I am going to do the job myself but i hate get in there and rip a gasket if there is one in there. Looks like a 2 hour job to do..

Yeah, changing the plugs does suck mildly. It's not as bad as installing headers, but it's more work than it should be. And yes, I removed the UIM. But you do not have to replace the gasket...unless you really screw something up
Old 05-19-2004, 08:10 AM

Haha, now its time for you to right a book...

Originally Posted by MannyNJ2k2max
dedicate a thread to me?.....Softie

Like Kloogy would say...."time to grow a sack"
Old 05-19-2004, 08:21 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Haha, now its time for you to right a book...

That would be "write" a book...

Bust since he's doing the "writing", I guess we have nothing to worry about (unless you edit for him )

J/K man. I had to bust on you a tad bit for that...
Old 05-19-2004, 08:47 AM

lol... i wanna say I did that on purpose..... but we all know its not true... I was typing before thinking.... that was a good bust and very well worth it.

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
That would be "write" a book...

Bust since he's doing the "writing", I guess we have nothing to worry about (unless you edit for him )

J/K man. I had to bust on you a tad bit for that...
Old 05-19-2004, 10:25 AM

Craig mack had a root supercharger (same type of SC as the xterra) installed on his 4th gen. It took a lot of work.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:55 AM

what kind of power did craig gain?
Old 05-19-2004, 02:10 PM

I was considering this for my 2000 Quest, seeing as its also a VG33 motor (sans SC). But, I have no engine bay clearance to fit it.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:28 PM

what kind of power did craig gain?

someone rear-ended his car before he even had a chance to tune it
Old 05-19-2004, 02:38 PM

Gods message to us.. leave it in the xterra!

Originally Posted by [maxi-overdose]
someone rear-ended his car before he even had a chance to tune it
Old 05-19-2004, 02:56 PM

why haven't any of the 3rd gen VG guys done this yet?