5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I got brand new complete headlights and assembly for my 03 for free

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got brand new complete headlights and assembly for my 03 for free

Ok here's the story.
A few weeks ago I took my car to the dealer in hburg, pa for oil change and to check my bose 6disc. They ordered a new bose for me cuz it wasn't working cuz a
"3inch" actually 5 1/4 but only data on 3" cd had been jammed in it and wasn't under warranty but I then did some surgery and got it out and took to another dealer and they got me a new one. So I have a working cd now after 5 weeks.
ANYWAY,
At the same time it was in for oil change they mentioned they did some warranty work to the vehicle upon picking up the max I found out they put on the data dots without asking my permission. This seems great for most of you right?? Dealers in Pa putting on data dots. However, I had just received my plastic lenses to clear out the HIDS and put in my long awaited angel eyes which I was going to do 5 days later. So now I had the data dots on and from what I was told on here that the job would be prolonged an extra 3hrs and part of the bumper needed to be removed.....all of which isn't cool....and I don't really need *knockonwood* the data dots cuz I live in small town usa where no one ever locks their doors. So I went back to the dealer this past monday to get the new bose put in and also to remove the data dots....Well, I dropped it off at 9am and at 11:30 they called saying that they can't remove them cuz of some glue and they would actually have to break it or something. So I mentioned would they be able to just swap in a new set of headlights...upon which they agreed but it would just take 3hrs longer. So I waited and went back to the dealer at 4 when it was done. I saw my car nice new set of headlights...cd player works great. Then I go to sign the release hoping that there isn't any charge sure enough...there wasn't. So probably almost $1000 in parts on my car under warranty right?? Well, a few complaints...they didn't return my 4 cds and 1 cassette that was in the old unit..no big deal....and then when I left my softball game at 9pm...(it was dark) I noticed that my HIDS seemed bright but thought it was just because of the clean, unscratched, chipped house unit. So I got home and got out of the car and looked and saw that my parking light bulb was back to stock (i had polargs in there) and that my highbeams (I had some A/F blue thing) was also back to stock. So they actually replaced everything...so not only did I get new headlight housing but new HIDS, and all bulbs in housing...not to mention the new bose 6disc too. Not a bad day at the dealer. I was going to get the LEDs for the parking light anyway but now I need to find a descent hi beam.
Any suggestions?? Thanks.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:47 PM

lol..the dealer couldn't even get them off? That's crazy! You're lucky though..sell them on Ebay or something and use the $$ to put some HIDs in the fogs!
Old 05-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by nissan5788
lol..the dealer couldn't even get them off? That's crazy! You're lucky though..sell them on Ebay or something and use the $$ to put some HIDs in the fogs!
I suppose I should have clarified a lil more. They kept my first set of headlights.
As well as everything in them my Polargs, aftermarket hi beams, HIDs etc.
I just have brand new set on with 49,000 miles on.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:02 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

what are data dots? Never heard of them.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:36 AM

data dots are the sh*t that F your car up when they steal your HID's...
No just joking they suppose to protect your HID's from being stolen... Not to sure they are very effective though