5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nose Mask for AE

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 06:15 AM

Does anyone know if any company or aftermarket stores carry a nose mask for 2001 SE/AE? Thanks!!!!
Old 03-28-2001, 06:26 AM

Originally posted by MAXAL25
Does anyone know if any company or aftermarket stores carry a nose mask for 2001 SE/AE? Thanks!!!!
I was just at the dealer last night asking the same question. So far there seems to be nothing available. If anyone knows where to get one, I'd be very interested.
Old 03-28-2001, 06:27 AM

hood mask....

i dont think that they have a full nose mask for the A/E max, but they do have the hood mask. it just covers the hood from the front. there is someone on this board that has one, i dont know his name, but he is the one with the sweet looking merlot A/E max. if he posts a reply, you will see the pics.
Old 03-28-2001, 08:46 PM

Nose mask NA for AE

you must be referring to me?

I ordered my hood cover from www.saddleman.com. The full nose mask is not available for the AE. If you are interested (and even if you aren't), let Saddleman know. They are taking requests and if they get enough (dont' know what "enough" translates into...didn't tell me) they will consider placing one into production.

Nissan will not split the kit for you just to have the hood cover. AND the nissan hood cover is trash. Mine would not fit; I assumed it was mislabeled and actually for an Altima. But then someone else on here described a similar experience.

The cover from Saddleman looks way better and fits, and fits snugly. It will cost you approx. $47 bucks with shipping. And they'll get it to you in about 3 days (at least mine did).

good luck
Old 03-28-2001, 08:49 PM

2 piece nose mask

There is a company called COLGAN CUSTOM, all they make is nose masks for different vehicles. I've got a sweet 2 piece mask for my 2k1 se, installs with clips and hooks, no drilling or bending. Colgan has a phone number to find a dealer, I bought mine online, the number is 1-800-447-2727.
Old 03-28-2001, 10:17 PM

Re: Nose mask NA for AE

Originally posted by srmtn
you must be referring to me?

I ordered my hood cover from www.saddleman.com. The full nose mask is not available for the AE. If you are interested (and even if you aren't), let Saddleman know. They are taking requests and if they get enough (dont' know what "enough" translates into...didn't tell me) they will consider placing one into production.

Nissan will not split the kit for you just to have the hood cover. AND the nissan hood cover is trash. Mine would not fit; I assumed it was mislabeled and actually for an Altima. But then someone else on here described a similar experience.

The cover from Saddleman looks way better and fits, and fits snugly. It will cost you approx. $47 bucks with shipping. And they'll get it to you in about 3 days (at least mine did).

good luck
I may just get the bra like urs for now but I'm worried more about the bumper than the hood. maybe I'll look into that 3m stuff. Oh well
Old 03-29-2001, 11:44 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

I did the 3m stuff

Yesterday and it turned out better than expected. I was worried about how visual the lines from the edge of the mask were and it was not to bad. From about 10 - 15 feet, you cannot see the 3m stuff. You can see it from shorter than that distances. It looks tons better than a bra (my opinion) and the boys at 4G marketing in Cincy did a hell of a job putting it on considering all the complex curves in the front end of the car. You wash and wax like paint, yes you will need q-tips for the edge lines and it has a guarentee on peel up, fading, discoloring and CHIPS! I got both the hood and bumper kit put on for 330 + tax. A little more expensive than a bra but a hell of a lot less maintenence. Just price painting the front end of your car and you will be less worried about the price. I have had only 2 days so cannot comment on longevity.
Old 03-29-2001, 07:07 PM
Lucius Maximus

Re: I did the 3m stuff

re: 3M stuff

I'm thinking of doing the same thing.. but, I seem to recall something about it not being recomended for dark colours ( sorry, color for our friends in the US ) Does anybody have more info on this?

Thanks

Old 03-29-2001, 08:31 PM

3m sounds OK, but...

The 3m clear stuff sounds like it would work but I think it is the lazy way out, just my personal opinion but I think that the bras make the cars look a lot better, front end looks a little beefier. The maintainence might be a little more labor intensive but my Colgan bra came with a 5 year gaurantee for the entire thing not just against rollback(which won't happen with a bra). But the 3m stuff sonds ok, a little pricey though...