5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Energy Susp. Motor Mounts: Installed.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 05:44 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Energy Susp. Motor Mounts: Installed.....

yes...you read it...they are on the car...too bad my site's down, so no pics....

haven' driven it cause i'm dead tired and still deadening my trunk. may take it for a quick spin tonite. maybe not. who knows....

but i can say this...from turning it on and letting it sit at idle....i HARDLY felt vibrations. i mean vibrations do exist. you need to understand these are stiffer mounts, but compared to what was said about PR's mounts, these are completely tolerable. i felt it but i was sitting there and i'm like "i can do this...no problems with this"....i am very happy...energy's gettin a great review, so far. still havne' driven it...can't wait to do some quick launches.

install issues...hardly any....had to pay a shop to press the old ones out and the new ones in....sucked but hey, these mounts were free, so who am i to complain....they look real nice and other than having to use a jack to lift and lower the tranny a few times, it was a piece of cake. the raising of the tranny was only cause well, the mounts held some weight of the engine, and with these new ones, i was shifting around between 1/4-1/2" until it lined up. once it all got screwed in, it was good to go. cleaned up, sprayed some black rustoleum on the crossmember since it's been aparently scratched to all hell due to my drop, and i'm done....if my site loads up anytime soon, i'll throw some pictures of hte crossmember and of the mounts installed and mounted.

fyi: 17mm will take care of everything. 19mm if you want to separate the brackets off the crossmember, but just 17mm if you can keep the crossmember and the brackets together.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Cool. I'm thinking about getting these myself. Let us know how they feel on the road and with launches etc.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:16 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Pictures....

Before

After

Rest of Pics
Old 06-08-2004, 06:32 PM
drag racing is for wussies

Where do I sign up ! ??
Old 06-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Mauja He Mauja

so where is the write-up???
Old 06-08-2004, 07:02 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by dba1999us
so where is the write-up???
no cheezy writeups will be posted. since these will be official release products from energy suspension, you will have complete detailed instructions when you order them. as for when, that has yet to be determined, but i will say this. by having these mounts installed, we just sped up the process by a lot.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:09 PM
retired moderator

ok polo go drive your freakin' car already! Let's hear what you think of 'em....
Old 06-08-2004, 07:09 PM

I have the PR mounts and I love them. The only time you notice the vibration is with the AC on and you are at a stop. I have had them for 3 months and they have settled in very nicely. I noticed the car seems to have a little more get up and go and the lights don't dim as much, since i had the electronic mounts.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Mauja He Mauja

Originally Posted by PoLo
no cheezy writeups will be posted. since these will be official release products from energy suspension, you will have complete detailed instructions when you order them. as for when, that has yet to be determined, but i will say this. by having these mounts installed, we just sped up the process by a lot.
i can live with that
Old 06-08-2004, 07:19 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by irish44j
ok polo go drive your freakin' car already! Let's hear what you think of 'em....
soon...but not now....too tired....and too lazy to take the ramps out.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Mauja He Mauja

drink a cold one, and test it in the am
Old 06-08-2004, 07:22 PM

i'm sorry...can someone explain to me please what is the difference between the stock motor mounts and the PR ones? and what is the advantage of having the PR motor mounts?
Old 06-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

soon...but not now....too tired....and too lazy to take the ramps out.
Ramps? You need ramps to get out of your driveway.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:31 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by MacAlert
Ramps? You need ramps to get out of your driveway.
hope your RSB falls off one day. i knew i should have left it loose.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Mauja He Mauja

huh.......
Old 06-08-2004, 07:57 PM

hope your RSB falls off one day. i knew i should have left it loose.
I would have tightened them myself.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by dba1999us
huh.......
Inside joke, don't worry.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:07 PM

Where did you get them from?

yes...you read it...they are on the car...too bad my site's down, so no pics....

haven' driven it cause i'm dead tired and still deadening my trunk. may take it for a quick spin tonite. maybe not. who knows....

but i can say this...from turning it on and letting it sit at idle....i HARDLY felt vibrations. i mean vibrations do exist. you need to understand these are stiffer mounts, but compared to what was said about PR's mounts, these are completely tolerable. i felt it but i was sitting there and i'm like "i can do this...no problems with this"....i am very happy...energy's gettin a great review, so far. still havne' driven it...can't wait to do some quick launches.

install issues...hardly any....had to pay a shop to press the old ones out and the new ones in....sucked but hey, these mounts were free, so who am i to complain....they look real nice and other than having to use a jack to lift and lower the tranny a few times, it was a piece of cake. the raising of the tranny was only cause well, the mounts held some weight of the engine, and with these new ones, i was shifting around between 1/4-1/2" until it lined up. once it all got screwed in, it was good to go. cleaned up, sprayed some black rustoleum on the crossmember since it's been aparently scratched to all hell due to my drop, and i'm done....if my site loads up anytime soon, i'll throw some pictures of hte crossmember and of the mounts installed and mounted.

fyi: 17mm will take care of everything. 19mm if you want to separate the brackets off the crossmember, but just 17mm if you can keep the crossmember and the brackets together.
Son I live in Queens too where did you get the motor mounts and the suspension bushings.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:10 PM

Where did you get them from?

Son I live in Queens too where did you get the motor mounts and the suspension bushings?
Old 06-09-2004, 04:13 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by Totalpckge1
Son I live in Queens too where did you get the motor mounts and the suspension bushings?
ill say this again, you cannot buy these. i am testing them out for energy suspension. few months ago i started a relationship with them on releasing a full bushing upgrade for the 5th gen, starting with the 6speed models. we're almost done, after i drive this for a few weeks and give them my review on it, they will continue with the rest of their work and complete the rest of the bushings.

when they're released, i'm sure i will post to go directly to the energy site.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:51 AM
2-Wheelin it...

as promised, the car was driven last nite.
took it through city streets, quick take offs, on the expressway, highrpm shifts, etc....

if anyone's worry is about the vibrations, then you have NOTHING to worry about. even the shop that swapped the mounts said i'd shake. but i got in the car, and even though i felt it, it was so subtle that i soon forgot about it. during shifts, the car seemed to pick up a lot better. you know hwo sometiems you get that jerk, but it doesn't feel like the car picked up to that same momentum, mainly cause that jerk was just engine flexxing. in this case, every tiem i "pulled" the engine picked up immediately. a couple peelouts, nothing drastic, and the car just gripped and went.
i'm already giving my thumbs up to our energy rep. he wants me to test it for at least 2 weeks, but last nite alone i was already enjoying the car all over again. it seemed liek it was in a great mood.

these mounts are great, you guys will love them, supplemented with the rest of the bushings that energy is making. the crossmember that holds the motor mounts is also held in by 4 bushings, which i assume absore vibrations. i still have the OEM bushings but my energy rep said he should be sending me those as well, so these will also lessen the vibes even more (from the little that it has gained).

hope i've made some people happy. i already mentioned that some people are impatient and anxious. he says he's already got his paperwork ready. he's waiting for upper management and sales to finish their part and then we'll be a go. WOOOO HOOOO
Old 06-11-2004, 05:51 AM

I'm interested in these motor mounts. Can anyone tell me if these will work for auto's?

Also, are any of the other bushings being developed applicable to the auto?

Almost forgot, thank you Polo for making this happen.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:53 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by 03BlkSETE
I'm interested in these motor mounts. Can anyone tell me if these will work for auto's?

Also, are any of the other bushings being developed applicable to the auto?
should fit auto's
sway bar links won't fit since SE's are thicker. other than that, crossmember bushings, tie bar, control arm, etc... bushings should be exactly the same. so yes, other pieces will fit. mainly sway and shifter will not be applicable.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:50 AM
Still Here... IM me for more..

update....?
Old 08-20-2004, 12:12 PM

Yo Polo,
Any word on the control arm bushings yet?
Old 09-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Mauja He Mauja

updates?????????????????????
Old 09-16-2004, 11:49 AM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

Very interested.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:16 PM

same
Old 09-16-2004, 01:31 PM

lol damnit, all this talk has me considering the cost of some PU motor mounts, whether PR or Energy Suspension if they're available soon... I am craving tighter response and less wheel hop
Old 09-16-2004, 02:33 PM

Marco monkey man, where are you?!?
Old 09-16-2004, 03:19 PM
imported_JIC_A33

bump it again..

Old 09-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Mauja He Mauja

me want to know about these LONG TIME!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 06:45 PM
imported_JIC_A33

still waiting.......

Old 09-17-2004, 12:32 AM
Still Here... IM me for more..

Hey Guys,

Here's an update from Marco that he PM'd me... isn't looking too good, unfortunately...

Originally Posted by polo
"...as far as the bushings are concerned, i'm gonna try and give energy a call in the next few days. my rep got into a motorcycle accident and is outta commision for hte next 6 months or so. the new rep is an ******* and i can never get to him, so i really should be on top of this.

wish i had better news, but for now it's dead. i'll see what info i get this week..."
Old 09-17-2004, 07:10 AM
ignotum per ignotius

Originally Posted by HNDA ETR
Hey Guys,

Here's an update from Marco that he PM'd me... isn't looking too good, unfortunately...

Old 09-17-2004, 07:47 AM

oh ouch... that really really sucks
wish that guy luck...
Old 09-17-2004, 01:37 PM
2-Wheelin it...

a call has been placed....to the new rep....i expect a call between next monday or tuesday with an update/status of the project.
supposedly the maxima project was "done" but the only thing left was to go through the sales department for pricing and all that stuff, but like i said before, the new rep is, how do i put, a captain dumb**** cause he has yet to call me, and the old rep would email me 10 times a day, just to bother me. we had good relations. this new one seems to be a lazy ***. in either case, the call has been made, and email sent to my old rep letting him know that this new guy is an idiot, so hopefully something will come of this.
now, the reason i've been mia and i have supposedly ignored requests is because i was working at the US Open for the past month and was doing insane 8am-2am shifts as i was managing IT for the media/press center. but that is done, and i am working normal human hours now, so NOW i will be able to get a little more involved.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:49 PM

Thanks for the update Marco!

I think I'll get the SFC's and deal with this when they're out.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Polo,

Any idea of the ballpark price on these once released?
Old 09-20-2004, 11:11 PM

how soon will they be released?
I need them bad, my mounts are busted...

Quick Reply: Energy Susp. Motor Mounts: Installed.....