5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

F*CK Data Dots!!! (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by remykins
It was at the ball park. I parkthere for the bridgewater station. I have to get my car to the body shop today so hopefully I can at least get an estimate by tomorrow.
Oh crap!! I park across the street all the time when I'm shopping at Target or Costco.

I want so much to keep my Maxima (post lease) but it really looks like I'll be trading up if this continues. The only safe place I park my car is in my own garage. (My wife is imploring me to unload it once the lease is up.)

Old 07-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Mauja He Mauja

Originally Posted by Fezzik
If it seems like they are cutting the horn wires, could the horn just not be moved more rear like it is in 4th gen maxs?
that way the bi@tch a$$ horn will sound even more crappy. i wish someone would catch these mfers red-handed. oooh i would take my bat to their heads..
Old 07-23-2004, 01:54 PM
x8ver

Man they did a lot of damage...wow. I had my lights stolen within two weeks of having my brand new out of the dealer 2003 max in E Elmhurst, Queens on a bright Sunday afternoon. All I can tell you my new car fever went out the window and sold the car two months later. I got the insurance money and put the 2003 housing with regular halogens and no problems for under $150. The person I sold the car too said he isnt interested in the HID. Next brand new car will be a G35 coupe Nissan designed horribly and doesnt take responsiblity so I will never buy a 2002 or up Max. No headaches no problems.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by SKYRockerr
Depending on local low enforcement is useless, we need to take matters in to our own hands. I say we park one "bait maxima in a remote location in NJ" then we catch the mother ****er who trys to steal them , then we cut his arms and legs off , release the bloody pictures to the media. that'll make them think twice before they go **** check dem hid outz yo ****** letz jack dis ****'s lights biach i make $ fer muh wellfare eatin crack smokin *** Biach! ...
I'm down

Sorry about your car man... Before you get it fixed lets run that A** F*** down... SPEED BUMP ... "officer... I, I couldn't see him, I don't have any headlights" :-D
Old 07-23-2004, 11:29 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by NYCe MaXiMa
If it was me...

I would do one of 2 things....

If i ever got a 2k2 i would do a full conversion to an 00/01 look so they think I don't have HID.. and i would take those damn things out anyways

i also know someone who got hit for HID twice or so, then they stole a regular freaking halogen headlight from a 2k, not even HID.. then they jacked his air bags TWICE...
Like you said, cimminals are retarded and wouldn't even know the difference between hids and halos. the whole DATA DOTS came about because a class action suit was brewing against Nissan for not addressing this problem. I'd rather keep the max and get a junker to park in those ares.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:05 AM

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I know seeing a damage like that is unsettling. At least data dot is designed as intended from trying to remove the ballast, however on that note, I know it's not helping at all as far as the damage is cause after attempting to get to ballast. Nissan is correct, it is not designed to stop theives, it's intended to slow down the theive time that making it difficult to get to. You have to rememeber, that everything is not going to be theft proof. Just as you mention, getting an aftermark alarm would be a good idea, but that only going to scare them when the alarm going off however it will add time to their by slowing them down trying to cut the battery. It's not going to stop them all together. So in retrospect, putting layers of security, will slow them down much as possible, it'll give more time for someone, a good smaratian or whoever that may be will notice and scare the theives off.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:57 AM

omfg... that's just WRONG... and at the end they couldn't even steal what they wanted to...

nissan's response certainly doesn't help...

i'm really sorry to hear about what happened to your car dude... my god that's just disturbing...
Old 07-24-2004, 09:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

When mine were stolen, the cops came about 15 minutes after it happened. Forget the fact that they got both headlight assemblies IN FRONT OF THE SECURITY GUARD in the lot that I parked at. The cop told me that he wouldn't fingerprint the car, because there was no way in hell that they would ever find the parts or the person. I felt really good about my local police (this was in NJ by the way). I was told, "yes, there's an epidemic and no, we can't do anything about it". The only solice that I had was that my insurance company cover all $2200 worth of damage and that two weeks later, 3 morons were arrested not too far from where my car was for theft of maxima lights.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Maxima80
Like you said, cimminals are retarded and wouldn't even know the difference between hids and halos. the whole DATA DOTS came about because a class action suit was brewing against Nissan for not addressing this problem. I'd rather keep the max and get a junker to park in those ares.

THats what I am in the process of doing. Unfortunately it is so hard to find anything less than sh*t for around $1000-1500. I dont have more than that to spend. With any luck I can find something to drive there. Luckily I am borrowing something till I can find a ride.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by k2a2b
I'm down

Sorry about your car man... Before you get it fixed lets run that A** F*** down... SPEED BUMP ... "officer... I, I couldn't see him, I don't have any headlights" :-D

If I could find the guys I would be the 1st to do it. Just tell insurance it was an animal that ran out in front of me.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:46 AM

Ok, well I stand corrected. I finally got a chance to look at everything in the light with a clear head and they didnt get anything. I thought the ballasts were gon from the brackets but the werent. The front end of my car was destroyed for nothing. I guess I should fel better that they didnt get anything but I dont. Its still bullsh!t!!! I guess they realized that they werent getting too far and just destroyed it. At this point I would rather them have gotten the headlights without the damage to my car.
I guess I should have waited to let the police know I have the almighty "Data Dots"
I feel bad for you, but let me try to spin it in a positve light. Your experience will hopefully end up protecting the rest of the Maxima community more. As thieves learn that it is too difficult to steal these lights, they will eventually stop and that helps us all in the long run. It just sucks that your car was one of their teaching aids. Not much consolation, I know, but I'm trying.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Y2K2Driver
I feel bad for you, but let me try to spin it in a positve light. Your experience will hopefully end up protecting the rest of the Maxima community more. As thieves learn that it is too difficult to steal these lights, they will eventually stop and that helps us all in the long run. It just sucks that your car was one of their teaching aids. Not much consolation, I know, but I'm trying.

I hope it does help. I wouldnt wish what happened on anyone but I do wish that it wasnt me. I see other 2k2 and 2k3s in that lot every day and I wonder if it has ever happened to them. If I ever get there the same time as one of them I will definitely warn them, and with any luck what happened will not be in vain. I dont want to see it happen to anyone else.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:13 PM

If I could find the guys I would be the 1st to do it. Just tell insurance it was an animal that ran out in front of me.
actaully, that's not too far from the truth...
Old 07-25-2004, 10:37 AM

MAn That **** make evebody upset!!!..... But if I'm not wrong some magazine Car and Drive about may or june last year..... explains step by step how to pull off your head lights, also they explain that sh@T!!! (data dot" TSB ) won't even work.......

And the worst case scenario my friend installed aftermarket projectors off ebay at the same day he went to see his grandma (NJ) and guess what some f....ing MORON put his head lights wondering for H.I.D........ CAn you believe that??????????

I'm really sorry for that man!!!! I hope your Ins will cover everthing in car because that damage to be call brutal is short
Old 07-25-2004, 02:31 PM

It was at the ball park. I parkthere for the bridgewater station. I have to get my car to the body shop today so hopefully I can at least get an estimate by tomorrow.
Sorry to hear about (and see) the damage to your car. The Bridgewater station is a pretty popular place for thieving bastards! I used to live in Bridgewater and park my car there to go to work in the city. Used to park in the second row from the tracks all the way down away from the stadium near zebra stripes to keep others from opening doors into mine. Back in 99 or so, I came home from work, got off the train, and saw a Bridgewater cop sitting there. I went over to my car, got in, and as I put my keys into the ignition, I felt my center console against my knee. I didn't have to feel any more. My radio was gone; I knew it. I tried to put the dome light on but nothing happened. They had pulled the lead on the battery. They got my head unit and sub. And I *NEVER* used to pull in with the bass thumping. I'd turn the radio completely off (not just down) when I got within 2 miles of the station (mostly because I was always running late and I'd pull the radio face and put it in the glove box while I was driving. I spoke with the cop a bit and he said that 12 cars were hit that day. One was a Honda Civic hatch that was stolen completely. Every one of the 12 cars though had a sub in the trunk though. It was weird especially given that I never advertised that I had a sub! I was ****ED.

I'm in the process of purchasing a 2002 Maxima for my fiancee and will get an alarm with proximity (hopefully so that it warns if you're within a range for more than 3 seconds and the sounds fully after 7-10 seconds) and will be very, very careful where the car is parked and where it goes. Hopefully I'll keep the headlights. I live in Jersey City but luckily have a pretty secure parking garage.

Sorry again to hear about your car! Hey, I live on a dead end... maybe I could get some more of you guys in NJ together here at my place for a party and park the cars on the street and wait at the end of the street for the thieves to come... and then rape them as they try to rip off our cars.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:12 PM

Man, when it rains, it friggin pours for me. I thought one of my speakers was blown. Thankfully, the mid just came disconnected.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:44 PM

that ****ing blows dude, hope nissan reimburses you for your loss.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:36 PM

^ Nissan won't

insurance company will.

it's ironic i come back to this board in months and i see this thread on the first page...so it's still going on
Old 07-26-2004, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by kieranlavin

Sorry again to hear about your car! Hey, I live on a dead end... maybe I could get some more of you guys in NJ together here at my place for a party and park the cars on the street and wait at the end of the street for the thieves to come... and then rape them as they try to rip off our cars.

Thats not a bad idea, although I dont really know about the "rape" part. I am definitely down for some serious crowbar beating!!! Either that or whatever car they show up in, we destroy to show them how it feels.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:15 AM

lol. Just leave big signs and arrows on the street "Maxima HIDS this way". You guys can hold down the theives and let kieranlavin individually rape them one by one..

Thats not a bad idea, although I dont really know about the "rape" part. I am definitely down for some serious crowbar beating!!! Either that or whatever car they show up in, we destroy to show them how it feels.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
lol. Just leave big signs and arrows on the street "Maxima HIDS this way". You guys can hold down the theives and let kieranlavin individually rape them one by one..
Ok, ok.... I meant it as a figure of speech... not literally RAPE them! Beat the crap out of, give them a good schooling, hurt them, kill them, etc... you know what I mean. I know the feeling... I've had my car violated three times now (twice in Newark and once in Bridgewater)
Old 07-26-2004, 11:45 AM

Wow, that really sucks. Id be ****ed!

Originally Posted by kieranlavin
Ok, ok.... I meant it as a figure of speech... not literally RAPE them! Beat the crap out of, give them a good schooling, hurt them, kill them, etc... you know what I mean. I know the feeling... I've had my car violated three times now (twice in Newark and once in Bridgewater)
Old 07-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had my lights stolen at a restuarant. It was will lit outside too. They did a real good job on it. Thank god they found the guys who stole my lights. They are basically payin my deductable and will be freed to go and steal more lights. I have after market HIDS which look even better than the originals which makes me even more concerned. I am getting the Viper 791XV with the responder, so if my alarm goes off i know. The place where i am gettin the alarm from is going to bolt fiber glass so it makes it difficult for the scumbags. Nissan is makin too much money to actually make something that works. I did research on the viper and its the best alarm out there. The responder has won awards and it includes remote start which is pretty sweet. I am gettin the alarm for $475 installed which is a good deal and $75 extra for the fiber galss.