5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

saving some $$ w/ fleabay mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 03:29 PM

saving some $$ w/ fleabay mods

My car was nearly totaled in April and has been in the shop since, but all things going as planned it should be ready on Friday. during that time I have been piling up stuff, I cant wait to get on my car.
But being a broke a$$ medical student doesn't leave much $$ for the mods I want for my car, so I shop the classified forums on the org and always looking on ebay to see if there is anything w/ my price range. During the last three months I have acquired, amongst other things, a used stillen y pipe in beautiful shape from the org , a knock-off injen intake and a stainless steel mandrel bent cat back from e-bay. grand total $400.
now about these items, there has been a lot of discussion about budget, HS and catmann y pipes on the forum but I haven't really heard anything good or bad about the stilen y pipe, any one have any comments on it ? There has been a lot of talk about the injen knock off, with not much definitive info, is there really a difference between the knock off and the real thing besides filter and price? And finally has any one installed this catback : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...908955680&rd=1 . I am wondering how the fitment and sound will be, the only problem I see as of yet, is that the exhaust tip is centered on the muffler, most likely giving the muffler less ground clearance, rather than off centered closer to the bottom like other catback systems.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Roy
My car was nearly totaled in April and has been in the shop since, but all things going as planned it should be ready on Friday. during that time I have been piling up stuff, I cant wait to get on my car.
But being a broke a$$ medical student doesn't leave much $$ for the mods I want for my car, so I shop the classified forums on the org and always looking on ebay to see if there is anything w/ my price range. During the last three months I have acquired, amongst other things, a used stillen y pipe in beautiful shape from the org , a knock-off injen intake and a stainless steel mandrel bent cat back from e-bay. grand total $400.
now about these items, there has been a lot of discussion about budget, HS and catmann y pipes on the forum but I haven't really heard anything good or bad about the stilen y pipe, any one have any comments on it ? There has been a lot of talk about the injen knock off, with not much definitive info, is there really a difference between the knock off and the real thing besides filter and price? And finally has any one installed this catback : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...908955680&rd=1 . I am wondering how the fitment and sound will be, the only problem I see as of yet, is that the exhaust tip is centered on the muffler, most likely giving the muffler less ground clearance, rather than off centered closer to the bottom like other catback systems.
I bought and installed the injen knockoff for 50 buxs...so far no problems and I am please with the performance.