5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Problem with a car + dealer BS (help)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 08:39 AM

Problem with a car + dealer BS (help)

My car makes a weard sound when I put it in D or R, the sound screatching. If after I put it in D or R i press the gas sound gets louder, then goes away. Whent to the dealer, they said that since I installed brakepads myself, the sound is comming from the brakes. BS I say, how cana crappy installed brakes can be connected to shifting the car into R or D, Does not make any sense. I am guessing the problem is with the tranny or the engine mounts, but it is only my gues.

Plese help ~
Old 07-07-2004, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Neeferea
My car makes a weard sound when I put it in D or R, the sound screatching. If after I put it in D or R i press the gas sound gets louder, then goes away. Whent to the dealer, they said that since I installed brakepads myself, the sound is comming from the brakes. BS I say, how cana crappy installed brakes can be connected to shifting the car into R or D, Does not make any sense. I am guessing the problem is with the tranny or the engine mounts, but it is only my gues.

Plese help ~
Different dealer will hold the answer....
Old 07-07-2004, 04:34 PM

Please HELP

Originally Posted by MaximaPolak
Different dealer will hold the answer....
Please help me with my problem.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:19 PM

Please help me with my problem.
Sounds like it might be a belt or something. Also, did you have the A/C on or anything? It surely has nothing at all to do with your brakes.

I would take Polak's advice and take it to a different dealer. Don't let them in on the fact that you already had a certain opinion from one dealer or that you did your own brakes.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gluteus Maxima
Sounds like it might be a belt or something. Also, did you have the A/C on or anything? It surely has nothing at all to do with your brakes.

I would take Polak's advice and take it to a different dealer. Don't let them in on the fact that you already had a certain opinion from one dealer or that you did your own brakes.
Belts? HM.. I will go to another dealer, but men I hate NISSAN dealer bull****
Old 07-07-2004, 06:35 PM

Belts? HM.. I will go to another dealer, but men I hate NISSAN dealer bull****

There was an article i read about the sounds a car makes and the reasons behind it. It said that a squealing sound thats steady or even rhythmic is most likely one of the belts. They said particularly the fan belt. Im not a mechanic but that sounds about right to me in my limited car experience. Good luck at the new dealership.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:21 AM

Screaching Sound

Plese help ~
I recently got a my main accessory belt changed and noticed a screaching sound a couple of days later that would last for just a couple of minutes after i started the car (esp. on cold starts). It would go away faster if I turned the A/C off. It turned out that when the belt was changed they just tightened the belt tensioner too tight, and that's what was causing the screaching. I've had it adjusted now (2 sec. job), and no more screaching. Good luck.