5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Factory keyless entry hack???

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 04:21 PM

Factory keyless entry hack???

This is the question. Is there a device out there to enable thieves to hack Nissan's keyless system. I was at work a few minutes ago and just happend to be parked next to my max in my work car when I heard my horn honk as if I armed the factory system. I've been known to do this in the past but I had just stood up and my fob was in no position to have a button press by accident. About a second later I saw this G35 sport coupe with tints all around and a hot lava ornage Scion xB following close behind the G35. about 5 mins earlier I saw the same two drive by the parking lot going the other direction. This caught my attention. So I drove in the direction that they went and saw the two again entering a different parking lot coming from a main road. There is a Movie theature in this parking lot. I found the 2 cars parked on the far side of this parking lot. It's a pretty BIG lot. The 2 were parked about 200 feet away from each other and the lot is pretty empty on that side. I did write the plate down from the G35 and the xB didn't have one. The 3rd time I actually saw these guys, it looked like the lead car (G35) was holding a darker colored device in has hand as he was driving. I know they can't be that stupid. Does such a thing exist or am I just being way too paranoid? I've had a car stolen before and NEVER want to go through that mess again. Tnanks in advance. Oh btw the police have been notified.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:27 PM

And top it off some punk kids egg'd my Max sometime after midnight this morning. I hardly no anyone and get along with everyone I do know in my area. They must've used about 6 eggs or so all along the whole driver's side from front to back and the roof and hood. Thank God I found this at 6am and not 12 noon! I used Simple Green to get it off and it seemed to work really well. There's some that I was not able to get at the moment between the molding and the door. Bastards
Old 07-24-2004, 06:54 PM

doesnt simple green take the paint off??? its strong stuff
Old 07-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Jackboot
nope, fine on paint but tough on wax,which is an easy fix
Old 07-24-2004, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jackboot
No Simple Green is safe but if you use it you should put a coat of wax on afterwards. I use it often on the front bumper and mirrors and all of the bugs come right off with the pressure wash. I ended up waxing the whole car cause I used so much Simple Green to get all of the eggs off of the paint. What a pain in the rear.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Wat

If they can mimmic the radio frequency, then they can make the alarm do whatever they want. The key fob is not encrypted so far as I know. However, the ignition IS encoded and an improper key will activate the NVIS and the car will be undrivable.