5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

window tinting

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 08:16 AM

window tinting

hey, i wanted to get my windows tinted darker today. I already have 32% on the windows so can i tint over that or should i take off the old tint? Has anyone have their windows tint over tint?
Old 08-01-2004, 08:24 AM

i think they will take off for you..plz don't do it by urself..those are cheap stuff but make the looking so much difference, jsut leave to pros...you don't want to get ugly windows...
Old 08-01-2004, 09:25 AM

I got mine tinted 35% (legal limit in MA) and I wish that I had done 20% on the rear big window to make the effect that all the windows are darker bc less light is let in through the back however I dind't do that as they suggested...now i wanna get it, but they won't take off the old tint bc they said it will most likely mess up the heat and radio antenna built into the back window and they don't wanna go over the tint alraedy on there bc it might not come out perfect...I do have a lifetime warantee on my tint so maybe I could accidentally break my rear window at some point...haha
Old 08-01-2004, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kruppa
I got mine tinted 35% (legal limit in MA) and I wish that I had done 20% on the rear big window to make the effect that all the windows are darker bc less light is let in through the back however I dind't do that as they suggested...now i wanna get it, but they won't take off the old tint bc they said it will most likely mess up the heat and radio antenna built into the back window and they don't wanna go over the tint alraedy on there bc it might not come out perfect...I do have a lifetime warantee on my tint so maybe I could accidentally break my rear window at some point...haha
The lifetime warranty is not meant to cover window breakage. It's in case the tint discolors, peels or has some other defects. When you "accidently break your rear glass, the tint will help hold the galss in place.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:52 PM

they need to be removed first, otherwise its gonna look like crap from the instead and i dont even think it would stick to the old ones, would look horrible. I went with 20% all around in NY. Havent really gotten pulled over with them.