5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan dealer are gay

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 06:34 PM

Nissan dealer are gay

So i went to get my oil changed today and i asked the guys to check out my car while they are at it. My left rear side is making some funny noises. Like i got a flat tire thats what it sounds like. So i was like check it out and ****. The dudes spent like and hour and a half on my car just to come back and tell me that they coudn't find a problem. I think i'm gona go to an independent mechanic see if they can figure it out.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:36 PM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

dude wasnt lookin hard enough...dont pay for that ****..take it to his manager
Old 08-18-2004, 06:55 PM
retired moderator

Damn....you guys have some crappy dealers....I just dropped my car 2 days ago at my local dealer after clutch master cylinder was leaking onto my floormat. They gave me an 04 Chevy Trail Blazer (nice, by the way) to drive while they had the car....car was done the next day...part replaced under warranty AND without even asking they replaced ALL 4 floormats - he said that since my driver's mat was dirtied by a warranty problem, the floormats were under warranty as well...(and even better, they gave me the nicer 02 max floormats instead of 00 mats). Maybe you should make the drive to Fairfax, VA for some good dealer service!

By the way, about your noise. My buddy's max has the same noise (kind of a whoof whoof whoof flat tire noise, like you said). I literally spent an hour trying to duplicate the noise (only could do it 2-3 times out of 50+ tries) and after a full inspection of the rear suspension and braking system (including re-torquing ALL nuts and bolts) we still could not find the source of the problem and after 10 more tries we got it to make the noise once again. NO FREAKIN CLUE, but I will give your dealer the benefit of the doubt that sometimes noises are difficult to duplicate....I would have suggested you drive the tech in your car and show him the noise....techs work in a loud garage all day - they never seem to hear the subtle noises that car owners do....
Old 08-18-2004, 06:59 PM

hey buddy now your just braging about your dealer....j/k, the guys said he test drove the car and didn't pin point the noise, its really anoying, some times i just want to roll quitly down my block looking for parking, and that noise is right there to bug the **** out of me.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:03 PM
retired moderator

yeah those random, little noises are the worst....how worn are your tires? My last set of tires were quiet until they were about 1/2 worn and then they started getting pretty loud...
Old 08-18-2004, 07:08 PM

My tires are preatty worn out, especially my front ones, but the sound only comes from one side so i don't think its the tires, but now that we are on the subject which is a good brand to buy for a decent price, like i really don't have that much money to spent and i need 17" tires
Old 08-18-2004, 07:32 PM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by BkMaxima2004
hey buddy now your just braging about your dealer....j/k, the guys said he test drove the car and didn't pin point the noise, its really anoying, some times i just want to roll quitly down my block looking for parking, and that noise is right there to bug the **** out of me.

I've had a knocking noise from the rear of my car for years. Its sounds like a loose strut or something. The dealer heard the noise, but wouldn't change anything until he could pin point. I guess I'll wait till something falls off and then change that part. Then again, if the noise quits after loosing that part maybe I'll just leave it off, unless of course the rear end comes out from underneath.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

dont pay attention to any noises, wait till it breaks down, then trade it in quick
Old 08-19-2004, 07:32 AM

I went in for warrantee stuff last week. One issue was that the rear window molding on the inside was coming off. They tried to charge me for the time spent fixing it. They said if it came off it would be covered. They called this an "adjustment", not covered by warrantee after 12 months/12K.

BS!

Got that reversed real quick by going to the service manager.

When I initially spoke with the service dude, he said "well, we spent more time on the other warrantee issues than is allowed by Nissan".

Sorry dude... not my problem. Don't try and recoop your loses with bogus charges. They did not even call for authorization to fix as it was going to cost me.

That's where I won with the service manager.