5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Gauges.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004 | 08:31 AM

Gauges.....

I emailed Import Intelligence about the gauges they sell for the maxima. The color there are face colors..they number digits are still white, they will also only light up as white at night. Has anybody changed the bulbs in the gauge yet? I want some deep blue color for my gauge at night... i would still get a white gauge faces since i got black ones.. Btw..are those bulbs special made for gauges? coz i want the gauge light up "equally" at night..
Old 08-26-2004 | 08:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't think you'll get the deep blue light just like on the VWs. Only LEDs can produce that and for the 5th gens, the bulbs are spread out rather far from eachother, so changing the bulbs to LEDs will make it worse.
Old 08-26-2004 | 08:43 AM

well...any better color will do...what kind of bulb i could get that works just like stock but different color ?
Old 08-26-2004 | 08:58 AM

I've tried many different LEDs with no success. The way that the light spreads from the LEDs doesn't even come close to lighting up part of the display, much less the whole thing.

You can try the sharpie trick, but don't put more than 2-3 coats. Also, the darker the color, the fewer coats you can put on it and still see everything.