5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Who eats in their Max?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2001, 03:04 PM

My wife and i had a little disagreement last night. We stopped at Taco Hell I mean Bell last night on our way home from this new gigantic french boutique they just built around the corner from our house, i think it's called Target(pronounced: Tar-zhay). it's great, you can buy clothes and get your oil changed and get a snack all in one place, how innovative! Anyway she starts eating her nachos before we get home and i make big fuss about it b/c i hate for people to eat in my car, i don't even eat in my car. So she starts to put her food back up and in the process she drops the nachos on my carpet. So i have this dried up cheese on my carpet but it seems to have added 15 extra hsp. She thinks am i **** about my car. Am i the only one like this?
Old 04-07-2001, 03:18 PM

nope.. no one eats in my car.. drinks.. sometimes..
james
Old 04-07-2001, 03:19 PM
Got Bent?

there is no eating or drinking in my car either. Especially no taco smell......

Old 04-07-2001, 03:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Never, EVER. Someone eating in my car is cause for a ritual killing.
Old 04-07-2001, 03:27 PM

by the way.. my friend spilled crazy glue on my carpet, and now i kant get it off.. ne ideas???
james
Old 04-07-2001, 03:29 PM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
by the way.. my friend spilled crazy glue on my carpet, and now i kant get it off.. ne ideas???
james
Try some nail-polish remover or some rubbing alcohol. Careful though, test it on a small inconspicuous area first to make sure the carpet color doesn't come off also.
Old 04-07-2001, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by rocketshipon19"
My wife and i had a little disagreement last night. We stopped at Taco Hell I mean Bell last night on our way home from this new gigantic french boutique they just built around the corner from our house, i think it's called Target(pronounced: Tar-zhay). it's great, you can buy clothes and get your oil changed and get a snack all in one place, how innovative! Anyway she starts eating her nachos before we get home and i make big fuss about it b/c i hate for people to eat in my car, i don't even eat in my car. So she starts to put her food back up and in the process she drops the nachos on my carpet. So i have this dried up cheese on my carpet but it seems to have added 15 extra hsp. She thinks am i **** about my car. Am i the only one like this?

How many extra HP's do u think I can get with picante salsa?

NO EATING IN MY CAR!!! I've had the same arguement w/ my gf.
BTW, I have an extra set of mat protecting my orginal mats. They came in handy last week when I accidentally stepped in dog S**T!!! @#$%^&*!!!
Old 04-07-2001, 03:34 PM

yeah, kill him! and sacrifice him to the Maxima gods or you use nail polish.
Old 04-07-2001, 03:39 PM

No one eats in my Max. No one! As for drinks...I might have a sip of bottled water and always make sure to put the cap on tightly. Taco Hell. yuck.

Since everyone seems to agree that eating in your Max is a no no, what about smoking? NOT IN MY MAX. Nissan made the right choice by not putting in an ash tray or cigarette lighter.
Old 04-07-2001, 03:43 PM
Got Bent?

NO SMOKING

there is no ash tray or lighter anyways, which I think is good
Old 04-07-2001, 03:48 PM

No smoking of any sorts;i.e. crackpipes, bongs, blunts, joints, cigars, cigarettes, or pipes! What kinda salsa is it? Is it made in New York city?
Old 04-07-2001, 03:54 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

no one eats in my car at all. she'd have to be real special for me to allow her to eat in my car...
Old 04-07-2001, 04:05 PM

Eating??? Hell no!
Old 04-07-2001, 04:08 PM

ATTN: HaulinMax@$$

This just in, mild salsa 5 extra hsp, hot 10 hsp and undle', undle' salsa 20 extra horses, that is right 20 extra horses!
Old 04-07-2001, 04:27 PM

Ok....I'm brave. My car IS the moving salad bar...not cheston. I have pizza/pepsi/taco's.

Hell, I even drove to school Thurday downing a Burger King breakfast.

Ps-And I don't spill cuz I'm slick!
Old 04-07-2001, 04:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Can't help it....

BurgerMaster!!!!! If you lived in the Seattle area (at least on the East Side) you'd understand. We have no choice but to eat in our cars out here.
Old 04-07-2001, 04:34 PM

I was taking my 97 year old grandma for a 1000mile trip non stop. The trip was 20 hours. Before we left, she said she wanted to take a bottle of water and some bread to eat, I didn't take it seriously until she took it out from a bag. I stopped in the middle of the high way and threw all her belonging into the trunk! And I tied her with 2 seat belts in the back seats.

BTW, I was taking my grandma to her old folks home 1500mile away from my house!
Old 04-07-2001, 05:05 PM

I know she was happy to finally get dropped off after that treatment. It's your Grandma for heavens sake!
Old 04-07-2001, 05:37 PM

people Mover only.

In my car No Sex, eating, drinking or smoking and I don't think this is **** just protecting my investment.
Old 04-07-2001, 05:41 PM

Re: people Mover only.

I don't about that sex on though, that is different!
Old 04-07-2001, 05:42 PM

I'M SLICK.....

not mike s. (just fooling around)
absolutely NO FOOD, DRINKS, OR SMOKING in my car. sometimes, when i'm hungry and i'm going home from school, i'll stop somewhere and pick something up. well i must look like a fool when i stick it in the trunk, i dont want that new car smell to be overwhelmed my burger, fries, pizza, etc. drinks have to ride up front, thanks nissan for those nice, perfect size cup holders
Old 04-07-2001, 05:52 PM

No eating and no smoking in my car. My friend thought she would be a sneaky Pete and take a bite out of a cookie from a local bakery, hoping to bypass my keen sense of observation. Of course, crumbs fell in her lap & I immediately pulled over on the side of the road and informed her that my wisk broom was in the trunk.
Old 04-07-2001, 05:53 PM

Sex = boucning movements
Bouncing movements = pressure on suspension
Pressure on suspension = wearing out hte suspension

THEREFORE, no sex!
Old 04-07-2001, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by turbolaw99
No eating and no smoking in my car. My friend thought she would be a sneaky Pete and take a bite out of a cookie from a local bakery, hoping to bypass my keen sense of observation. Of course, crumbs fell in her lap & I immediately pulled over on the side of the road and informed her that my wisk broom was in the trunk.
Dude, that's a girl! You shouldn't do that, ya should of just swipe the crumb off her knee with your hands!!!
Old 04-07-2001, 08:09 PM

If I could I would special order my Maxima without cup holders.
No eating, no drinking no smoking. No farting.
One day I told my wife to finish her sandwich on the sidewalk. My children say I have embarressed them by telling their friends not to eat chips in my car. If they don't like it, take the bus.
Old 04-07-2001, 09:03 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Guilty..

I'm a real *** to my car, maybe that's why it breaks down on me so ofter

People eat, drink and smoke in my car.. My carpets are completely ****ted on, I took out the stock Maxima floor mats because they were so dirty it wasn't possible to clean them with regular stuff.. I have some plastic mats in there....
When I clean my car, I find lots of chips, old fries, matches, drink bottles, tissues, crumbled paper bags etc.. under the seats, rear panel and rear seats.... I am outlawing smoking because I found small cigarette burns on the door panel and vinyl. THATS ****ING IT!!!! I HAD ENOUGH!

But, if I had a 5th gen like you guys, or at least Leather in my car, I'd never let any of that **** go on,

I am guilty of eating in the max too, sometimes I hit the drive through at McDonalds or White Castle and I'm on the freeway stuck in traffic munching away at them burgers, with my fries sliding all over passanger seat and a Coke between my legs or jammed between the seat and the door (damn Nissan for making ****ty Cup holders)
Old 04-07-2001, 09:34 PM

layin the smack down

usually if someone tries to eat/drink/smoke in my car I don't say a thing I just b**ch slap whatever out of their hand and they get the picture, just kidding, but I definitely don't let any of that jazz happen, eating is for the dining room etc...
Old 04-08-2001, 12:03 AM

I guess I'm the exception

I let people eat and drink in my car all the time, but I can only drink, not eat, because my other hand has to shift.

Especially on roadtrips, my friends eat burger, chips, fries, cookies, peanuts, doughnuts, bottled water, sodas, juices, you name it! My car is a moving snack bar!

The amount of trash that piles up in my car each week is amazing. It looks like a recycling center.

I just have to throughly clean the interior once in a while.

I don't mind it at all. Cars were made to serve us, not the other way around. I want me and my friends to enjoy life, and that's pretty hard to do if you are constrained from eating. I have two ABSOLUTE rules though:

1) No smoking.
2) No vomitting
Old 04-08-2001, 12:17 AM

It is ok do drink in my car as long as it is not a soda or koolaid. But there will be no Taco Hell cheese hiding under the seats or anything else for that mattter. I once made a lifelong friend mad because I wouldn't let him smoke in the car, I put his *** out and left him on the roadside.
Old 04-08-2001, 12:35 AM

I dont mind the bottled water and sodas, but I dont like people eating hotdogs,

fries or potato chips because I know there will be crumbs all over my car and I can't stand it.
If a girl wants to eat a burger or something in my car, I let her eat depending on the situation. If she's a nice, quiet, obedient clean girl, I let her eat because I know she's not gonna spill any ketchup or anything. but if she's an airheaded retard, I NEVER let her eat in my car because I know she's gonna spill ketchup, mustard, fries and sh*t in my car.
Old 04-08-2001, 01:14 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Jane and I eat and drink in both our cars. We're not allowed to drop anything though.
Old 04-08-2001, 05:57 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Jane and I eat and drink in both our cars. We're not allowed to drop anything though.
Im ashamed of you Kev.
Old 04-08-2001, 06:50 AM

like most...

No eating is allowed in my car. Drinks are allowed as long as its an adult. and definitely no smoking!
Old 04-08-2001, 07:49 AM
DKNYchinito

no eating, drinking, smoking... but im allowed to drink and smoke

Old 04-08-2001, 08:49 AM

No everything

No eating, drinking, smoking, etc in my car - no negotiations. Like, Slick, I put my fast food that I get to go in my trunk as well to prevent the smell up front . I didn't think anyone else was that ****.

Last year, the first nice fall weekend in MO (so it wasn't too hot), my wife and I and mome friends decided to go to the winderies out here. The closest one is off of this country 2 lane highway. Anyway, my buddy and my wife both had too much to drink and we were in heavy traffic on thos one lane road which didn't have a shoulder. They both started to get sick and I made them open the door and puke outside the Maxima. We were going about 5 miles an hour so I knew it wasn't going to splatter, but we couldn't just stop because there was no shoulder and the traffic ewas heavy, but there was definitely no puking in the Maxima!!!
My friends behind us have this great picture of my car rolling along with a person in the front seat and the back passenger side, hanging their heads out of my car!! But that's the rule and they knew it!!
Old 04-08-2001, 09:09 AM

eating.. sure.. drinking.. sure (we have cup holders after all) .. smoking hell no.. BUT.. there is the understanding that if anyone drops a crumb they get to spend some quality time cleaning the interior. So far.. no one has dropped a thing

For the Taco Bell incident .. you might try one of the carpet cleaners from an auto store.. worse comes to worse bring your mat to a good detail shop and have them steam clean it.
Old 04-08-2001, 11:03 AM

Sometimes I eat, generaly it's a muffin or some type of breakfast sandwich. Coffee often goes with it.

Smoking is a no-no
Old 04-08-2001, 12:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ONLY when desperation calls for it... when i'm driving to my parents' house going up I-5 for 5 hours and sometimes pressed for time, i'll chomp on a Jack in the Crack...

one time, tho, it REALLY pissed me off (tho i didn't show it) when someone spilled a Boba on my carpet and door.

(Boba is a Taiwanese drink. check the link for more details. http://www.bobaworld.com/ sorry, tho their boba sux, this is the only link i know of...)
Old 04-08-2001, 12:47 PM

it's unanimus then

so, i guess we all agree that a max is made for driving and driving only....no eating, drinking or smoking of any kind. how a little f***ing....if u get wat i mean. :-)
Old 04-08-2001, 01:01 PM

No eating or drinking in the Max. That's what restaurants are for, not a car. If they want to do that, they don't ride with me

Quick Reply: Who eats in their Max?