5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My 2001 SE vs A Civic?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2001, 02:37 PM

Hey, Everyone!

This morning, I had the chance to take care of business with this punk in a Civic hatchback of all things.

I was on my way to my girlfriend's house when I noticed this Civic next to me on my left. "Rice, rice, baby," I laughed in my head while looking at his 'supped-up' car. Anyway, light turns green and I burn him through two intersections. I come to a stop at a sign, and he ends up on my right. The next street merges into one lane and I know he wants to beat me to it, so I punch it again and take the lead. Another turn and curve later, we both end up at a red light. He's reving his engine, urging me on. I pick up the cell phone as my girlfriend calls me. I talk to her, and all the while he's still reving and I'm perfectly still. The light turns green...and I waste him...while talking with my girlfriend on the phone, pulling easily in front, then beating him into two curves/turns. What was this fool thinking?

Then the fun ended as I had to make a left turn and he kept going straight. He probably thought he beat me because I had to slow down for the turn. Haha.

Oh well, that was my fun for the day. Simple pleasures!
Old 04-08-2001, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by KennyLau
Hey, Everyone!

This morning, I had the chance to take care of business with this punk in a Civic hatchback of all things.

I was on my way to my girlfriend's house when I noticed this Civic next to me on my left. "Rice, rice, baby," I laughed in my head while looking at his 'supped-up' car. Anyway, light turns green and I burn him through two intersections. I come to a stop at a sign, and he ends up on my right. The next street merges into one lane and I know he wants to beat me to it, so I punch it again and take the lead. Another turn and curve later, we both end up at a red light. He's reving his engine, urging me on. I pick up the cell phone as my girlfriend calls me. I talk to her, and all the while he's still reving and I'm perfectly still. The light turns green...and I waste him...while talking with my girlfriend on the phone, pulling easily in front, then beating him into two curves/turns. What was this fool thinking?

Then the fun ended as I had to make a left turn and he kept going straight. He probably thought he beat me because I had to slow down for the turn. Haha.

Ha, you even own a civic yourself!
Old 04-08-2001, 03:43 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by max2kgle526

hahaha... nice kill anyhow!

another one bites the dust!
Old 04-08-2001, 03:59 PM

Originally posted by max2kgle526

Yep, a cheapee 1993 Civic DX 4-door automatic. Bought her new and 229,000+ miles later she's still running good on her original engine and transmission. For a commuter car, she rules!

But I would never be nuts enough to take on a Maxima...any year, or most good cars for that matter, in my Civic. The guy in the Civic hatchback this morning just didn't have a clue, I guess.
Old 04-08-2001, 04:02 PM

Yep, a cheapee 1993 Civic DX 4-door automatic. Bought her new and 229,000+ miles later she's still running good on her original engine and transmission. For a commuter car, she rules!

But I would never be nuts enough to take on a Maxima...any year, or most good cars for that matter, in my Civic. The guy in the Civic hatchback this morning just didn't have a clue, I guess.
hehe, I like it when the Kias start revving on me.
Old 04-08-2001, 04:07 PM

Hey, Everyone!

Man, you are just lucky! In Canada, no one race because government did too good in promoting safe driving.
Old 04-08-2001, 04:33 PM

Originally posted by LoveSick

Man, you are just lucky! In Canada, no one race because government did too good in promoting safe driving.
SO TRUE!!! No one here in Toronto seems to be willing to race!! I guess that's a good thing though.
Old 04-08-2001, 04:42 PM
Got Bent?

Shame on you for wasting a Civic.....you should save your gas for something a little higher up in the food chain.

nice kill tho
Old 04-08-2001, 06:50 PM

one for the book

we should have a book of record and keep a record of all the wins from the max
Old 04-08-2001, 07:57 PM

GOOD KILL YO! those easy kills just makes me want to laugh till i die.. haha
no one wants to race in canada??? no way!!!!!!
though i dont race much since my max is not modded.. 2lgleauto... i seem to always get races going against suped up preludes whenever i am lookin for a race!! its soo easy to find a race dependin on where u are located, i am located around an area with lots of banzs and beamers and supped up civics and suped up preludes and a lot of nice cars, so its pretty simple for me to find...
but ya good kill again, next time a civic wants to race u, turn your car around, and kill it in reverse! hahaha
lates!
Old 04-08-2001, 07:58 PM

watch out for some hatchbacks

the ones with a Gsr or Civic Si engine can run mid to high 14's with just a engine swap. it also depends on the driver

but good kill
Old 04-08-2001, 08:20 PM
RBa

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
Shame on you for wasting a Civic.....you should save your gas for something a little higher up in the food chain.

nice kill tho
I agree.. Race an accord V6 or a camry Solara next time.. Civics are no match for us unless it's completey customized(ie turbo)...
Old 04-08-2001, 09:07 PM

I always wonder why they even wanna try and mess with a max. I get that all the time, so naturally I have to embarass them. Good kill!
Old 04-09-2001, 02:41 AM

Good one Speed Racer Good one UMD_MaxSE
Old 04-09-2001, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by RBa

I agree.. Race an accord V6 or a camry Solara next time.. Civics are no match for us unless it's completey customized(ie turbo)...
Actually, on nearly that same stretch of road where I took on that Civic, I did a quickee run with a Solara. I was coming home from work going to my girlfriend's place and I see this Solara on my right. I was going into one of two curves at about 45MPH to 50MPH (average speed there is probably around 30MPH) and noticed the Solara was suddenly trying to keep pace with me. He nudged just a bit away, and I knew he wanted to take my lane from me, so I punched it a bit harder. He couldn't keep that same speed on the curves and could never pass me afterwards, and when I came up on the left turn I needed to make, he ended up behind me just as I thought.

I don't understand why when some cars are driving a bit slower than you insist on trying to pass you to get in the lane. He could have just slowed a bit more and got behind me. Oh well.

The funny thing was, the driver of the Solara ended up being the next-door neighbor of my girlfriend. How will he ever face me on the street now? Heehee.