5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

First Kloogy... Now me... Pic's of my accident :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

First Kloogy... Now me... Pic's of my accident :(

This lady did not yield at an intersection, and she took a left hand turn without looking, and she just slammed into me. i saw her the last second, and slammed on my brakes, and went on the curb, but she still hit me. I got out of the car, and it was this 60+ year old lady, that was driving a pathfinder, and was in a rush because she was almost out of gas, so she was taking back roads, and was not familar with the roads.

i called the police, and they are trying to tell me that it will most likely be a 50/50 for an insurance claim, because neither of us had stop signs, so it was both of our faults. i don't agree with that at all!!!! it should be her fault, he was the one taking a turn into my street, and i was going striaght! *sigh* what do you think?

in the last pic, i am the blue line, she was the pink line, and the green star is where we hit.

well, here are the pics..

thoughts, comments? what do you think the insurance companys will say?

-Chris
Old 10-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Jedi Knight

that sux bro...she is definatley at fault...her front end hit your car...go after her for the fullest..
Old 10-03-2004, 06:08 PM

I have a comment but not related to the accident. Why do you have 2000 SE Wheels on a 2002 Maxima?
Old 10-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Reported

it seems like a no-brainer to us that it would be her fault. however it may be hard to prove unless you recreate the situation for the insurance company.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Blkmax95c

and you probably didn't get to enjoy your dunkins iced coffee
Old 10-03-2004, 06:46 PM

Sucks man... good thing you're okay... as for the insurance, I'm not sure what to tell ya but it sounds like you have a case. It was blatantly her fault, but then the insurance people have strange rules sometimes.... all the best with everything...
Old 10-03-2004, 06:59 PM

thing was clean for the meet i spoke to you before. good luck getting this taken care of. hope the sh*t works out alright.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:23 PM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

If it is of any consolation to you, if this were Phoenix I would have cited HER for failure to yield right of way.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by PhxBlue
If it is of any consolation to you, if this were Phoenix I would have cited HER for failure to yield right of way.

tell me something, are those Crown vics with the interceptor package faster than your 2k2? sorry to hijack thread by the way.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:52 PM

i'm really sorry to hear this ,man.....AHHHHH i think you can try to sue her if the insurance company go 50/50... It's her fault IMO. are you going to keep ur max after? i still need ur help with the LED light installation on radio... you never went in my thread... i think it's on 3rd page now..
Old 10-03-2004, 07:53 PM
2-Wheelin it...

i say this. it doesn't matter what the cop says. they are there only for the report. when insurance starts discussing, you can claim she came into your lane, which you had already had possession over. not that it's a trick, but on 2 accidents, that what i said for one of them (the other one, i was the a$$ that hit the other car, so they used that term on me).

all in all, good luck man. hope for the best.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:56 PM

damn that sux....yo always come home the way u were on that streat and never yeild or anything. The street that the lady was comin from is supposed to yeild. Was defenitly her fault. That little intersectiont thing sux. Ive almost gotten in a million accients there because of confusion between all of the cars. Good luck...Peace
Old 10-03-2004, 08:02 PM

man after all these wrecks im scared to even drive my car
Old 10-03-2004, 08:03 PM
I miss the .org!

Oh man, that's rough. The damage and your description definitely makes it seem like it was 100% her fault. Make sure you make that clear and pursue it if they try to make you assume any liability. Best of luck...
Old 10-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

That sucks, but at least yours is repairable. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about your ride Chris...the lady is definitelt at fault, because you had the right of way. I have been in a similar accident. You were going straight, so she had to wait for you to go by. You have a few thousands in damages. If you do it right you may come out of this with some dough
oh yeah, clear your PM inbox. I tried sending you some pictures of the HU custom install. Check them out in cardomain.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:33 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Wow, thank god your car is fixable.....
Old 10-03-2004, 08:47 PM
† ErV †

oh it hurts. :|

Old 10-03-2004, 08:51 PM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

* pats kloogy and blackmax95c on the back *
Old 10-03-2004, 09:26 PM
mjg

sorry about your mess, but i agree the car is totally fixable. thank your luck for that : ]

p.s; a good attorney does wonders, did that old lady have her eyes checked recently ? ; )
Old 10-03-2004, 09:46 PM
vsamoylov

man everybody be getting into accidents. i just hit a trailer with the ball on it. ran into the ball and dented my front bumper. well at least i got a excuse to paint my stillen kit now. lol

but yeah your car is fixable. good luck with it and post pics when it is fixed.

Old 10-03-2004, 09:52 PM

Sorry to see that. Glad you're alright.

Looks like she's totally at fault.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:44 PM

yeah, failure to yield. Clearly your right of way. Make sure you print out pictures and keep them for your record. Insurance company "SHOULD" be able to make a case regardless of what the cop said.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:11 PM

are there any witness to bkup your statement???
find more than 3 witnesses...
Old 10-03-2004, 11:55 PM

dammn that sucks. sorry to hear bro. it's no question that it's her fault... you had right of way. i dont see how they could call that 50/50. do you have ne pics of her car?? it looks like she ran square into your door/fender.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ryans Maxima
tell me something, are those Crown vics with the interceptor package faster than your 2k2? sorry to hijack thread by the way.
no... and they handle like boats... but then again... i drove the older ones
Old 10-04-2004, 05:39 AM

Tell us what your insurance says. Hopefully somewhere in the police report it will say how she failed to yeild through an interesection. You insurance will have the final work in whether is will be a 50/50 case or not.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:04 AM

she was in a rush because she was almost out of gas.......Unbelievable
Sorry.......hopefully everything works out for you..and glad no one was hurt.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:09 AM

im sure everything will work out for you man, like everyone said, at least its fixable and you can drive it again. i hope you dont have to pay anything out of your pocket tho. best of luck.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Pointy Elbows

Sorry to hear man. Good thing your hood and your sideskirt aren't damaged except for that scuff mark.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:29 AM

i agree her fault. but i used to work in insurance company.. did u have any witnesses and if so are they included in the police report.. u have a chance of getting like 70/30 80/20 from the accident. if no witnesses you are deffinetly looking at 50/50 ... (since its her word against yours). of course unless she agrees and admits thats its her fault entirely. sorry but thats the way it is.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:40 AM

TITLE 31
Motor and Other vehicles
CHAPTER 31-17
Right-of-Way
SECTION 31-17-1

§ 31-17-1 Right-of-way in absence of signs or signals. – (a) The driver of a vehicle approaching an intersection shall yield the right-of-way to a vehicle which has entered the intersection from a different highway.

(b) When two vehicles enter an intersection from different highways at approximately the same time, the driver of the vehicle on the left shall yield the right-of-way to the vehicle on the right.

(c) The right-of-way rules declared in subsections (a) and (b) of this section are modified at through highways and otherwise as stated in this chapter.

This is the applicable RI section. You were not at fault.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:06 PM

In Mass I believe she would be 100% at fault since a motorist taking a left turn into traffic yields right of way every time. I hope it works out for you though.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:10 PM

Thanks for all the help and support during this time. I am truely standing beside myself on this whole ordeal. It stinks having to walk to your car everyday, and see the damage... and never mind the horrid sound the door makes when i open it.

I went to my insurance company today, and they told me that by the sounds of things, it should be her fault. but, on the other hand... neither of you had stop signs, so things could get swayed. i told him that if her insurance will do a 50/50 on me, that i will get a lawyer. he had no comment other then "we will do the best we can do for you"

shorty afterwards, i took a visit to nissan. looks like i have about $3,500 in damages. i need to see someone in a special dept to get a more accurate quote though. everyone there was very sad to see what happened, since they have seen my care go though each upgrade/mod. Then they were trying to convince me into getting a 350z. lol.

but on that note, i am not sure if i should sell my car or not. once the car has been in an accident, i tend to sell it. but since there was no frame damage that i am aware of, i may still keep it.

I feel bad about this whole ordeal also because the lady who hit me is the wife of a decon at ST. Marks church. so if i sue her for damages/pain, i hope i don't go to hell. (half joking/half serious) this is a sticky perdicument.

As soon as i hear back from the insurance company, i will let you guys know what the outcome is. hopefully it is soon, because i can't bear to look at my car anymore, let alone drive it around... this inceident has stolen all pride and joy of driving my car.

here is a pic of the car that hit me...

thanks again for all of your support... it means a lot.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:38 PM

Why are you making a big deal out of a fender bender. Kloogy's car got totalled. My car looked like that after someone hit it and ran when my car was in front of my own house, suck it up and get it fixed.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:44 PM

Because it is a big deal to me. Its a big deal because my car is my baby... i put a lot of time into it, a lot of money, and a lot of effort... and when something like this happens, then yeah, i am ticked off. and on top of all that, my insurance record was finaly cleared up, and now this happens. so don't ask me why i am making a big deal out of this. if your going to be a pr!ck, then don't post... last thing i need right now are people like you.

and i was not in any way shape or form comapring my car accident to kloogy's car accident. Kloogy's G/f was luck not to be hurt... his car was completely totaled. I am just telling my friends on the org what has happened to my car... is that ok with you? thanks.

-Chris
Old 10-04-2004, 06:23 PM
vsamoylov

yeah alot of people spend so much time and money and effort on their cars and when something likes this happens, it sucks realy bad. i couldnt picture my car getting into a accident cause it would just suck and my bro would will mad also. so dont get on him for saying what happedn to his car because you would be doing the same thing if something likes this happend to you.

Old 10-04-2004, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Shift_VQ
Why are you making a big deal out of a fender bender. Kloogy's car got totalled. My car looked like that after someone hit it and ran when my car was in front of my own house, suck it up and get it fixed.
looks like somebody never read, "how to win friends and influence people."
Old 10-07-2004, 11:07 AM

Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My lawyer called me today and told me that "I have received your police report, and i read the witnesses report, and the witness basicly sealed the deal... you have nothing to worry about." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay!! now i am all set! i am going to go and get some ciropratic (sp?) care, and get my back feeling good again, and i'll be good!!!! yay!!!

I'd just figured i'd keep you all up to date on what has happened.

-Chris
Old 10-07-2004, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Skizza20
In Mass I believe she would be 100% at fault since a motorist taking a left turn into traffic yields right of way every time. I hope it works out for you though.

Hey you're from newton?? Me too!

Quick Reply: First Kloogy... Now me... Pic's of my accident :(